Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2016, 10:58 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #6007
New to forum

Hi: David and Martha here....we are selling our 17' TT....wishing to go withna 26-30' class A....we like floor plan of ACE 29.3... but might consider the smaller Vegas or Axis for manuverability...our hope is to find a gently used unit....any advice or cautions would be appreciated. I just joined the site so at this point haven't looked at what is already posted...

Old 11-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #2

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Welcome to the forum! Take your time to make sure you are satisfied with your decision. Lots of used units, as people are upgrading, and down sizing, so you should have a good selection.
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #3

THOR #1249
Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of helpful info and friendly folks here.
For a used RV, you can take a look at the Thor Owner Classifieds. I have recently seen a couple for sale on the forum.
Also, read, read and read for some helpful tips on buying and maintaining an RV on the forum. It is all here, it just takes some time to go thru it. If you have any specific questions, there is someone here with the answers. And if you don't get an answer, you will get an experienced opinion.
Best wishes for your search.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #4

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
Welcome! Not sure what part of Florida you are from but there are some RV shows coming up that could help you decide.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1912 View Post
Hi: David and Martha here....we are selling our 17' TT....wishing to go withna 26-30' class A....we like floor plan of ACE 29.3... but might consider the smaller Vegas or Axis for manuverability...our hope is to find a gently used unit....any advice or cautions would be appreciated. I just joined the site so at this point haven't looked at what is already posted...
Welcome to the forum!

Best decision I ever made was joining this community of campers. Members are extremely helpful and really care about helping a fellow camper.

We have the 24.1 Axis with dinette set up. We love the coach, except the small bathroom.

The ACE is also a nice coach.

Make a t-chart with advantages and disadvantages. Include list of categories like size, weight, gas, floor plan, usage, etc.

Take your time and don't rush your decision.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:17 PM   #6

THOR #6007
Thanks...we are in Sarasota
Old 11-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Regardless of which unit you end up getting take some time to read through Ed's Axis/Vegas manual found here: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
You'll at least get an idea of what to look for when purchasing one if you happen to choose one.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 03:50 PM   #8

Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Quote:
Thanks...we are in Sarasota
The Tampa RV show in Feb is really big with all the major manufacturers present with most of their models. You can get a good idea of what is out there and the differences between the different RVs. There are also a bunch of RV dealers near the show. Helped us to decide what we wanted to buy last year. The manufacturers also give the dealers large incentives to sell RVs at the show, so sometimes you can get a pretty good deal.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:32 PM   #9

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Welcome to the forum. We have a 2015 Vegas 24.1. My wife and I are retired and we travel with out 17 lb Bichon. We find the 24.1 perfect for our lifestyle and needs. We especially like the twin bed setup. We find the floorplan also perfect in terms of inside storage space and the outside storage is more than ample for everything we carry.

We live in Tampa and have had the Vegas for a littler over a year. We have put 8800 miles on it and have camped in it for about 100 days. The Tampa RV show is great and General RV of Tampa (located in Dover, just east of Tampa on Interstate 4) has been a great dealer to work with and their warranty service was exceptional.

Here is a link to the Owners' Manual I compiled from owners suggestions and hints on the Thor Forum. There is a Pre-Delivery Checklist in the manual you will find handy as well as other system descriptions not contained in the Thor literature.

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiYx6DLSeiiP6UNyy_VYGDO0BW6L
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 05:07 PM   #10

THOR #6007
Thanks Ed. I appreciate your comments. We bought our Winnie Drop from Lazy Days...will bemkidking tires there tomorrow. Wow, what agreat owners manual you've put together.its over-the-top great...
Old 11-27-2016, 03:49 AM   #11

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Welcome!

I second Ed's suggestion that you check General and the Tampa show. Both are great. LD, well, I was brought up if you can't say anything nice...

RV's are like shoes in that everybody has different preferences and sizes. Ed likes the twin beds of the Vegas 24.1 and we equally like the walk around queen and bigger shower of the 25.2. Smaller units were too cramped and short on storage for us. Bigger ones generally cost more and require more room to park and maneuver. The trick is choosing he one that fits you!

Happy hunting!
Old 11-27-2016, 12:35 PM   #12

THOR #6007
Thank you..very much .appreciate your comments. Do you know anyone at General in Tampa?...oh, the 25.2 has 16" wheels. Do you feel this is o.k. for road comfort etc. I assume they just wear 20% or more quickly than 19.5"
Old 11-27-2016, 01:36 PM   #13

THOR #6007
Ed, do you have a salesperson contact at General RV in Tampa (I-4 just east of I-75)? Thanks
Old 11-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #14

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
My salesperson is now working in their service department. But from what I've seen any of them will treat you well.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #15

THOR #1765
Quote:
Thank you..very much .appreciate your comments. Do you know anyone at General in Tampa?...oh, the 25.2 has 16" wheels. Do you feel this is o.k. for road comfort etc. I assume they just wear 20% or more quickly than 19.5"
I put 25,000 miles on my Vegas and the tires still looked they had negligible wear. The 16" tires are also much cheaper to replace than the 22.5s and my wife did not like the extra height up into the F-53. The E-450 weights a lot less than the F-53 so the 16" tires are right for it.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #16

THOR #6007
Thank you...appreciate the info on tires....we are haeded off to Lazy Days (where we bought a TT and have a salesperson contact) to look at a Vegas....we will head down the road to the General RV dealer to look too. We don't have a contact their at this point...the dealerships seem 4 miles apart just east of Tampa
Old 11-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #17

THOR #1765
Two miles east of Lazy Days is Camping World of Tampa which sell the Axis. While Camping Worlds have been trashed in this forum (and I am not saying people do not have good reasons to do so) Camping World of Tampa has treated us well. We will be there tomorrow morning for some warrantee work - the first since we purchased the coach in February. Hope we are as happy with Camping World of Tampa by tomorrow afternoon....