Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2016, 05:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Florida
THOR #4974
New Freedom Elite owner

Hi. We purchased a new Thor Freedom Elite 22fe recently and really love it. It's got plenty of room for the 2 of us plus Frankie the dog. We've done one "shakedown" stay at Fort Wilderness campground at WDW and everything went well, except for the hot water heater. Turns out it was a pre delivery prep issue and it works fine now.
We hope to do a few more Florida trips to get situated inside and out of the RV, before we take a road trip to Maine in late Spring/early Summer '17. I'll probably be checking back to the Forum to get ideas on routing to avoid I-95 as much as possible. Happy to be here.
Bilbake09

Old 09-20-2016, 03:30 PM   #2

THOR #4974
JoAnn, Bill, and Frankie the dog.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:34 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congrats and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 04:35 PM   #4

THOR #5357
Calling all Freedom Elite 29FE Owners - Do you have outlets on the night stands?

Ok, so this one is really bugging me. Before I bought our Freedom Elite 29FE from Camping World I was sure it had 110vac power outlets on either side of the bed. I know I saw them in a video I saw of another unit on YouTube. Trouble is we don't have any outlets there. The only outlet we have is on the front facing portion of the side of the bed near the foot.

Can anyone with a Freedom Elite 29FE confirm or deny that they have power outlets on the night stands to the left and right of their bed?

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #5

THOR #5357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilake99 View Post
Hi. We purchased a new Thor Freedom Elite 22fe recently and really love it. It's got plenty of room for the 2 of us plus Frankie the dog. We've done one "shakedown" stay at Fort Wilderness campground at WDW and everything went well, except for the hot water heater. Turns out it was a pre delivery prep issue and it works fine now.
We hope to do a few more Florida trips to get situated inside and out of the RV, before we take a road trip to Maine in late Spring/early Summer '17. I'll probably be checking back to the Forum to get ideas on routing to avoid I-95 as much as possible. Happy to be here.
Bilbake09
We will be heading back to Florida in our 29FE next month. We plan on taking Rt 81 most of the way and connecting up with Rt 95 in SC.

We have driven this in a car many times. The worst areas to avoid are from NYC to Wash DC. Once you get past there RT 95 is a breeze.

Here is the route. It adds about 75 minutes to the more direct RT 95 one.
https://goo.gl/maps/LJFwBdbLFrL2 (caution - I just noticed this map takes you down a low bridge parkway. Instead follow Rt 91 south to Rt 95 South)
Old 09-20-2016, 05:00 PM   #6

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Welcome aboard. This forum has a wealth of information. And please remember to waive when you see me on the road.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:26 PM   #7

THOR #4974
Cool Route to Maine

Thordog, thanks for the info and map. We've driven part of that route when our daughter and son in law lived in Blacksburg VA. I like that it takes us around D.C and NYC. This looks good. Will look up campgrounds along this route.
gbrown, I wave at all RV's I pass. JoAnn thinks it's obnoxious. The dog likes it though.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #8

Model: thor 22FE
State: Georgia
THOR #3371
welcome Joann, bill and frankie

i purchased a 2016 22fe back in November of 15. we love it. here is a link to other freedom elite and four winds owners and mods, enjoy
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...lite-3657.html

welcome
patrick, aimee and jack the dog
Old 10-10-2016, 01:53 AM   #9

State: Illinois
THOR #5290
congrata I have a 26fe.