Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Maryland
THOR #4516
New Member: Considering an Axis or Vegas

Hi! We're considering buying either an Axis/Vegas 25.2. I've found this forum very useful for pre-purchase advice. I have not actually seen one yet, but I'm shopping the internet for now. I'm also looking at Class C Sprinters (MBS). My questions for now are simple ones: Do these come with 110 volt outlets in the coach (Coffee makers)? And, what USB ports are provided, if any, and where? The literature says nothing about this. I can't believe that there's no inverter as an option on these units, either. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:51 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #2271
First, welcome aboard. This is a great forum with lots of information.

To try and answer your questions...

There is a 110v outlet above the sink area. Perfect for your coffee maker.

There are USB ports galore. There is one that supplies power only on the radio bezel. I have added another in the front by adding a 12V splitter. The plug that powers it has a USB charge port. There are 4 more in the bedroom on the front facing wall by the radio.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #3

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
There is a 110 plug on the side of the kitchen cabinet on the stairwell side of the cabinet. Three 110 plugs in bedroom. Two in bath. Three in living room. One in kitchen where I described. One in front of passenger captain chair where computer desk is.

USB ports depend on what year. I has a 2015 Vegas and there is one on the dash to the right and below the radio. 2016/17 Vegas/Axis also have a charging port in bedroom.

Thor does not offer an inverter as an option. You can have an after market. If you don't install it yourself be sure whoever does it knows what they are doing. There are lots of discussions here about interference between the inverter's charger and the charger on the converter.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:12 PM   #4

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
A seperate inverter is relatively cheap and easy to install. I installed one in the cabinet above the sink in my first Vegas and one on top of the dog house in my new Axis. I connected both directly to the battery and I have been able to run all my small appliances. With the limited battery amp hours in the Axis/Vegas, it doesn't seem to make much sense to install a large inverter directly to the 110v outlets. You'll run the batteries down very quickly running anything major. A seperate, small inverter seems much more useful and trouble free, to me.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:34 PM   #5

THOR #4516
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
First, welcome aboard. This is a great forum with lots of information.

To try and answer your questions...

There is a 110v outlet above the sink area. Perfect for your coffee maker.

There are USB ports galore. There is one that supplies power only on the radio bezel. I have added another in the front by adding a 12V splitter. The plug that powers it has a USB charge port. There are 4 more in the bedroom on the front facing wall by the radio.
That's really good news. I wish they had this in their literature. How do you like your '15, 25.2? Did you consider anything else when shopping for a smallish MH?
Old 06-13-2016, 07:38 PM   #6

THOR #4516
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
There is a 110 plug on the side of the kitchen cabinet on the stairwell side of the cabinet. Three 110 plugs in bedroom. Two in bath. Three in living room. One in kitchen where I described. One in front of passenger captain chair where computer desk is.

USB ports depend on what year. I has a 2015 Vegas and there is one on the dash to the right and below the radio. 2016/17 Vegas/Axis also have a charging port in bedroom.

Thor does not offer an inverter as an option. You can have an after market. If you don't install it yourself be sure whoever does it knows what they are doing. There are lots of discussions here about interference between the inverter's charger and the charger on the converter.
Thanks for the reply. I guess with all those 110 outlets, an inverter wouldn't be all that necessary. I'm happy that there's support for USB also in the bedroom.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:50 PM   #7

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: British Columbia
THOR #4532
vegas 25.2

Hi Inkaye
The Vegas/Axis is worth looking at. We spent a lot of time researching and driving many smaller units before purchasing. We finally bought a 2016 25.2 Vegas back in August 2016 and drove it across to B.C. from Ontario. I have had very few issues other than the battery reserves. I am currently looking to install a Trimetric battery monitor and gradually expect to install solar panels and a new Progressive Dynamics charger/converter. We have previously had two 38' pushers with tow dinghys and often found them too big. We do travel with two teenagers. We do like the view from the class A's and the good views even from the middle of the coach. The Vegas gave us this in a small package. It has been working for us so far and we are looking forward to a month long trip in March down to Zion and the Grand Canyon.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:51 AM   #8

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Folks come and go on this forum, like any other. Gotta wonder what happened with the OP, Inkaye. Still looking, moved on with a different choice? Another happy Vegas/Axis owner?

Interesting that the one question put forward was about outlets and ports, things this board doesn't often address.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:38 AM   #9

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Well we love our 2016 25.2 VEGAS. We haven't taken our first "long" trip, like we planned when we purchased, but still glad we got the 2016 at closeout prices. It also has allowed us time to get used to all the features of the coach, and to do some modifications.

For us, the VEGAS gave us the size and maneuverability of a class C with the roominess of a class A. That was one of the reasons we chose the 25.2, since there was no "wall" behind the drivers seat, when the slide was retracted.

And, so far, all our dealings with THOR, have been pleasant and trouble-free..

Tags
110 volt, axis, usb, vegas 25.2