Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Mirimar 34.2
State: Florida
THOR #1799
2015 Mirimar 34.2 Newbie

Hello all,

Just picked up our 2015 Mirimar 34.2 this past Saturday, and wow! We came out of a F350 dually with a Keystone Fuzion M405, and there is a huge difference in driving a Class A, and towing a mega 5th wheel. I can tell you this though.....I Like It!

We have not done a shake down run yet, but have already found a couple of minor issues to have fixed at the dealer. (1) Awning is leaking right at the bead that attaches to the camper rail, and (2) the Awning LED lights have about 15-20 bulbs not lighting. Don't know if that is burned bulbs, or perhaps faulty wiring. If anyone has any experience with these, quick easy fixes, etc....I am all ears.

I'll take to the dealer and have fixed or replaced. Aside from that, the full body paint is awesome, floor plan is perfect for when our grown kids want to come camping, and it achieves a long term goal which was to go Motorized.

Thanks all. All thoughts are welcome.

Ray

Old 04-07-2015, 09:57 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Congratulations!
Old 04-07-2015, 11:30 PM   #3

Model: Miramar
State: North Carolina
THOR #1800
Miramar 34.2 newbie in NC

I'm also a Mirimar newbie. I picked up RV last Friday. I've been reading manuals and playing with switches and stuff. Of course we are still loading all the "Stuff" we had in our old RV. Looking forward to retirement/travel.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:33 PM   #4

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
"Awning is leaking right at the bead that attaches to the camper rail, and (2) the Awning LED lights have about 15-20 bulbs not lighting."

Congrats and let the disappointing world of discovery begin! Sorry! I have a 34 J Hurricane and there are three separate spots in the awning lights that there are 2 - 3 bulbs burned out. Noticed this two weeks after bringing it home. I figure when they all burn out I will simply replace the strip - cheap on line.

So far my awning is not leaking but many of them leak at the gutter joins together. A simple drop of silicone or caulk will fix this forever. That is what I did with my old one.

Good luck and may your discovery list be small!!!!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:37 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Welcome to both.

When we picked up our Challenger the dealer told us to take it back at the 11 month mark if any of the LED strips had blown diodes. This included the awning lights and the LED accent strips below the headlights.

Again, like others, may you discovery list be small and minor.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:44 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34E
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
..... may your discovery list be small and minor.
The motto of the Thor Owners Club?
Old 04-08-2015, 04:14 AM   #7

THOR #1579
I have a 2014 Miramar 34.2. Hope for all of the 2015 owners that Thor has improved its workmanship and quality control.

Good luck!
Old 04-15-2015, 05:16 PM   #8

Model: Mirimar 34.2
State: Florida
THOR #1799
Thanks all. As for the leaking awning, I'll get up there tomorrow and check /seal with silicone. easy fix.

We have our maiden shake down this weekend, so I am sure there will be more items to add to the punch list for dealer fix.

Anyone had a 34.2 long enough to give me an idea of what to look for. I would imagine that any 15 models in Gas chasis would be similar.

Many thanks
Old 04-17-2015, 04:53 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #1282
Long list of issues with our 2015 Miramar

We purchased our 34.2 Miramar in September 2014, it then spent about 1 week in our storage from then until March 25th - the rest was at the shop! The list of what has been repaired from the start has been long!
As soon as we got home, I had to weld a strip of metal on the engine frame to give the engine cover lock something to grab. The lock was not set correctly, so the front engine cover was flapping loose. Our hydraulic leveling pump burned out in the 2nd use, as did the control module - all had to be replaced. Our water pump quit and had to be replaced. Our bedroom slide out would not extend or retract correctly and had to be worked on. The locks on the front door broke preventing me from entering our RV 1 day which required a complete door replacement to access the RV. One of the outside speakers does not work. Currently I have a windshield wiper not functioning correctly and the water on the wiper does not work.

My brother also bought a 2015 Thor in October from the same dealer MHRVS and his is in the shop for warranty repairs for: front suspension issue, plumbing pipes were evidently installed incorrectly (reversed), his wiper water also does not work, also has an outside speaker not working.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:42 PM   #10
MaJ

Model: Miramar
THOR #2192
Ray - Greetings congratulations, and welcome "brother"! We drove our new 2015 Miramar 32.1 off the CW lot in Lake City, FL last Saturday. There was an issue discovered during our pre-delivery inspection: The LED light strip on the awning roller did not work at all. The tech onsite checked for voltage, and decided it was a defective LED strip. We elected to take delivery anyway, and submit it as a warranty claim along with any other items that might come up. The tech said it would take at least 2 weeks to get authorization and the part from Thor.

We drove the unit 500 miles home, staying one night at a KOA along the way. After maybe 200 miles at 60 mph, in clear weather, the big rubber outside front windshield surround grommet managed to blow loose and began slapping the right side of the coach. I pulled over, and took it off, as it was still partially attached to the windshield edges. I'm still doing research to figure out what the function of that thing is, and whether it was supposed to have an adhesive (none was evident) The next day, I pressed it back around the windshield, where it seemed to snap fit in OK. It blew off again at 60 mph within the first 50 miles on day 2. My local CW has a 1 month wait to even get them to look at it, take photos, and submit for warranty permission from Thor.

Safe travels to you.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #11

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #1749
We had that strip on our Axis come off also. What the dealer did was to take double sided tape and put that in the channel when putting the strip back on. We have not had any more problems since. I think the tape just filled up the gap to let the rubber fit tighter.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:55 PM   #12

Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Virginia
THOR #2169
We just picked up our 2015 Hurricane 32N last Friday and the awning LED was non-operative as well. It is being put in as a warranty repair. I guess that design is not very good accross the fleet!