Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2016, 02:45 AM   #21
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepesce View Post
We took delivery of our new 2017 24.1 Axis last Saturday. We have not been camping yet but am having a grand time checking everything out.

So far the only thing that is not working is the cigarette lighter (old fashion name) It does not have power. My husband thinks it's either a fuse or loose wire.

This forum and the manual put together by Ed and others has been enormously helpful. Thank you again for sharing.
Have FUN !

Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:39 AM   #22

Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #1592
Smile Axis 24.1

good luck with your new axis! I purchased mine from Scott motor coach also.They are a very reputable dealer and will go out of their way to make sure any warranty issues are corrected promptly.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:31 PM   #23

State: Florida
THOR #4366
new 24.1

Picked up an 2016 Axis 24.1 on Monday. Making the move from our beloved TrailManor and hope this one dry camps as well.
Got the portable 200 watt solar system installed and running by Thursday so really hope that will get us through the summer without running noisy Onan ginny. Since the unit came with the optional 2nd house battery solar will be marginal until this winter when we get home.
Did have to change plans for one CG as the bridge clearance is 7 to 10 feet so the new nest won't fit.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #24

State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Enjoy your new Axis and Happy Trails!
Old 05-27-2016, 06:56 PM   #25

THOR #4184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfred View Post
good luck with your new axis! I purchased mine from Scott motor coach also.They are a very reputable dealer and will go out of their way to make sure any warranty issues are corrected promptly.
Hi

I'm so glad to hear it about Scott Motor Coach . We are in the middle of of our first trip. We are in traffic around Harrisburg PA. Hoping not to find too many needed fixes on our shake down trip. Happy Memorial Day!
Old 05-27-2016, 07:00 PM   #26

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Welcome aboard. This is a great forum.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:04 PM   #27

THOR #4184
Good luck... Sounds like we are in the same boat.... I mean RV ! New Axis 24.1owners
Old 05-27-2016, 11:04 PM   #28

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Wow, a bridge 7' 10"?? I'd feel like ducking my head driving my old Mustang Convertible under that one.

We are wrapping up our 1st year in our 2016 Vegas 24.1 this weekend and have enjoyed the past 7 months (first 5 months lots of repairs and maintainence).

We are sitting here in a small RV part "TAPS Rv Park" in Asheville NC and another Vegas 24.1 just drove by (I flagged him down, it is a 2015 out of Virginia with the blue stripe).

Welcome to the Vegas RV world, just look around and you may see others.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:31 AM   #29

THOR #4184
Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfred View Post
Hi

When we picked up our coach from Scott motorcoach, I asked about coming back for an alignment and they said they do not do alignments. Can you go to any place that does alignments or perhaps a Ford dealership? Perhaps the Jersey folks can make a recommendation . I live a few miles north of the Princeton area.

Our shakedown weekend went really well. We slept 4 VERY comfortably with all the coach systems performing admirably. Now looking to improving the drivability. As suggested by many on the forum , we are starting with an alignment.

I can't wait to get back on the road!!
Old 05-31-2016, 10:54 AM   #30
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Look for a truck alignment shop
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:54 AM   #31
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I used a Goodyear truck shop to get my alignment done: Wingfoot Commercial Tire Services
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:51 PM   #32

THOR #1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepesce View Post
Hi

When we picked up our coach from Scott motorcoach, I asked about coming back for an alignment and they said they do not do alignments. Can you go to any place that does alignments or perhaps a Ford dealership? Perhaps the Jersey folks can make a recommendation . I live a few miles north of the Princeton area.

Our shakedown weekend went really well. We slept 4 VERY comfortably with all the coach systems performing admirably. Now looking to improving the drivability. As suggested by many on the forum , we are starting with an alignment.

I can't wait to get back on the road!!
I had mine done at Front End Shop in Farmingdale NJ.I paid out of my pocket and did not submit the cost to Ford or Thor.They are a very reputable shop.They work mostly on trucks and RVs and I am completely satisfied with their work.Whoever you use just be sure that it is a truck shop that can handle larger rigs and has the proper equipment to do it correctly.Like I said before on this forum if they tell you it will cost 99 bucks go to another place.A proper alignment on a larger rig is going to cost in the 2 to 4 hundred dollar area and it will be money well spent.Scott Motor Coach doesnt do any of the mechanical work,only the RV systems themselves.Another place you can try is right down the street from Scott,Colonial RV.I have used them before and was satisfied.They are the ones who told me about Front End Shop for alignment and I have been using Front End Shop for all of my work since.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:40 AM   #33

THOR #4184
Thanks!

Thank you all for the alignment advice. I will give the Front End Shop in Farmingdale NJ a call.

We have our first week long trip planned to the Gauley River , followed by Mammoth Cave as soon as the kids get out for summer vacation. We are all looking forward to our adventure!
Old 06-02-2016, 11:16 AM   #34

THOR #1592
have a safe and enjoyable trip!
Old 06-02-2016, 01:03 PM   #35

State: Florida
THOR #4366
A week and a half into the shake down. Solar seems to be keeping up with the unknown house batteries.
Biggest complaint we have about the Axis is lack of documentation. A generic owners manual that is very basic. Manuals for the heater, refrig, and A/C but not much else. No wiring diagrams. Awning seems to be wired off the radio fuse and not the one listed in the distribution panel. No 12 volt outlets except one in the cab. I'll modify as I can during our travels but see a lot of work in the mods area this winter.
On the subject of no name house batteries, anyone have any info on Ah rating so I can program the Trimetric battery monitor? All I know about the batteries is they are size 27 and maybe true Deep Cycle rather then hybrid.
Use them this summer and then when we get back in the fall the boat needs new batteries so guess they'll go there.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:07 PM   #36

THOR #1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
A week and a half into the shake down. Solar seems to be keeping up with the unknown house batteries.
Biggest complaint we have about the Axis is lack of documentation. A generic owners manual that is very basic. Manuals for the heater, refrig, and A/C but not much else. No wiring diagrams. Awning seems to be wired off the radio fuse and not the one listed in the distribution panel. No 12 volt outlets except one in the cab. I'll modify as I can during our travels but see a lot of work in the mods area this winter.
On the subject of no name house batteries, anyone have any info on Ah rating so I can program the Trimetric battery monitor? All I know about the batteries is they are size 27 and maybe true Deep Cycle rather then hybrid.
Use them this summer and then when we get back in the fall the boat needs new batteries so guess they'll go there.
If you go online,you can get manuals and info on most everything in the vehicle.A lot of the info out there is generic and you will have to find out a lot by trial and error.There is a post on this forum to download an Axis Vegas specific manual put together by some very knowledgable folks on this forum.They have done an excellent job with it.As far as the batteries they should have Ah listed on the top of the batteries under the stairs.Hope this helps ,Good Luck and safe travels.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:15 PM   #37
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfred
As far as the batteries they should have Ah listed on the top of the batteries under the stairs.
Unless his is like my Axis and had the battery painted over! All I could make out was 0Ah and rris--was enough to know to get new battery.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:28 PM   #38

THOR #1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Unless his is like my Axis and had the battery painted over! All I could make out was 0Ah and rris--was enough to know to get new battery.
well they are pretty crappy batteries anyway,paint or not!I haven't had any problems with my Harris batteries but they don't last very long on a full charge.I plan on replacing them this fall.A year and a half old On my Axis,but who knows how long they sat around unattended previous to the install without being properly charged!
Old 06-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #39

THOR #1592
another piece of info,I just returned from a 3 week trip, 7500 miles on my axis and check engine light came on.Luckily there was a Ford dealer down the street from the campground.They replaced the oxygen sensor and found the shift cable melted to the exhaust pipe.They replaced that also.Took about 4 hrs,no charge under warranty. Sure hope I am close to done with these stupid little issues!
Old 06-02-2016, 03:48 PM   #40

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
If you search around this forum, bevedfelker has an excellent document that many of us use instead of the Thor supplied manual.