Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2019, 11:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37GT
State: South Carolina
THOR #14675
2014 Challenger 37GT

Hello everyone. Just bought a 2014 Thor Challenger 37 GT. We love the floor plan and great looks and am getting acquainted with it. We were NOT happy with the dealer that sold it to us. Columbus Camper Center in Opelika AL. They were nothing short of crooks. Basically they sell only brand new travel trailers and supposedly were selling this big class A “for a friend” and were just outright ridiculous in what they claimed they “checked out” and “certified” and “made ready”! Please avoid them. Anyway after doing much immediate remedial fixes, we do love it and still learning it. Hope to gain some knowledge and friends here.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #2

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. It's a pain to have to go through problems like that , but it sounds like you are handling it. There's a lot of good info here.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #3

State: Iowa
THOR #13643
Hi Julius: We also own a 2014 37GT & are quite happy with it, and we, too, had a bad dealer experience when buying it used in 2015. After waiting nearly 2 months to get roller shades installed, we assumed it had been checked over. On our first night out discovered house batteries were dead & dry, plus the furnace control board was missing. We've learned a walk-thru needs to take hours, not minutes.

After our first season, we replaced the sofa/bed/recliner with two lazy boys. It was a beautiful white leather, but not at all comfortable.

Getting it out of storage this week
2015 Jeep Cherokee Ltd
FMCA #455220
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:45 PM   #4

State: South Carolina
THOR #14675
Thanks for the message Dick & Pat. Great to hear you are happy with yours as we are. The eight foot sofa sleeper is a conundrum for sure. I absolutely love it but also appreciate the conversion to lazy boy recliners which we may eventually do. Did you get a little black remote key fob transmitter with a simple on and off button. I did and neither the useless dealer or myself can determine its application.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:22 PM   #5

State: Florida
THOR #14737
Just purchased an 03 Hurricane 30q. It seems to be a well taken care of coach with a few minor issues that I am trying to get fixed before we take our first trip. I’m looking forward to sharing our experiences and getting tips on how to make RVing better.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #6

State: Iowa
THOR #13643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius View Post
Thanks for the message Dick & Pat. Great to hear you are happy with yours as we are. The eight foot sofa sleeper is a conundrum for sure. I absolutely love it but also appreciate the conversion to lazy boy recliners which we may eventually do. Did you get a little black remote key fob transmitter with a simple on and off button. I did and neither the useless dealer or myself can determine its application.
Julius: the little key fob thingie you mention seems vaguely familiar. We are getting the 37GT out of storage this week, so I'll look see! Seems like I wondered what it was, too.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Ltd
FMCA #455220
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote