Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Washington
THOR #2874
Vegas users input

Hello
Would love to hear from Vegas owners if they are happy with their purchase. I understand every RV has small quality issues but big picture, are you enjoying your Vegas...any regrets? Since it is relatively new product, I haven't seen a lot of user comments and we are seriously considering the Vegas 24.1. Currently using travel trailer and ready to move on to motorhome.

Thanks
Debbie-an island kid

Old 09-18-2015, 03:53 PM   #2

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Use the search button way up on top next to "new posts" and type in Vegas and go. There are 11 pages of threads with many threads having 30 or more posts on the Vegas. If you can wade thru it, you will learn an amazing amount. I have had mine for 2 and 1/2 years, 25000 miles, two 10000 mile + trips, lived in it more than 7 months and still really like it. Does it have problems? A big yes.. And you can read about them in this forum. This is my third RV in 9 years and we like it the best, with all its warts.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:16 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
We've had our Vegas 24.1 for two months. So far we be put 1300 miles on it and have camped in it for 14 days. We really love it - perfect size for us. Have had no problems at all. The pre-delivery inspection (pdi) at the dealers only had three minor discrepancies and they were fixed by the dealer immediately. I went thru the inspection with a fine tooth comb. Follow what oneikeys suggested. Search on this site for Vegas and Axis. Read all the posts and note the problems and discrepancies others found. When you do the inspection with the dealer be sure to check those things. And don 't be in a hurry if the inspection and famiarization takes 3 or more hours, you'll find that aboit right. When I get a WiFi connection where we are camping now I'll send you a private message. I have a Vegas manual I just compiledband it had an extensive Vegas pdi checklist.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:31 PM   #4

THOR #2601
IslandKids -- just sent you a Private Message. Rely to the email address I included in the PM.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 09-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
As Ed said: Don't limit your search to the Vegas units--the Axis units are virtually identical (unless you're dead set on the Vegas front ends). That will open up more dealers to potential make a deal with (and/or find one that you're happy with).

Don't want to scare you but if you do get one, during your PDI crawl underneath it and look for the shifter cable--make sure it isn't touching the exhaust pipe (or rather have the dealer tech do that).

Aside from that warning we love our Axis (twin brother to the Vegas units).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:44 PM   #6

THOR #2601
Jamie: Added the shift linkage/exhaust manifold situation to the manual. When they reply to my PM, I'll send them a cy of the manual with the PDI checklist.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 09-18-2015, 05:51 PM   #7

THOR #1765
Probably should add the A/C switch recall too. I would want to make sure that was done before I took it off the lot. There are certainly some 2016 models with that issue in dealer lots. Jamie is right. We all talk about Vegas, because that seems to be what most of us have, but there really is no difference between the two except the external styling in the front end and the decal colors.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #8

Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
We downsized from a 36 ft Bounder.We've had the 2015 Vegas 24.1 for a few months, but only recently took it on a 3 night shake out trip.*
We were a little concerned if it would be too cramped, but we (2 of us & our dogs) were fine with the space.
*We tried everything on the motorhome, everything worked.We bought this model because it had the huge bed in the back.

*The only thing we're going to change is the bathroom door . We're taking it off & putting a curtain across the hallway. It was just too awkward for us & the dogs. But I got to add that most people on this forum that responded to my post about the bathroom door seem to like it.*
There's a ton of posts on here about the vegas /axis, as stated above. Plus, the people on here are really great about answering questions and offering solutions.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:41 AM   #9

THOR #2874
Many thanks for this information. I will definitely do search and read the posts
Safe travels!
Old 09-19-2015, 06:24 AM   #10

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #2123
Bought our 2016 24.1 in Michigan in June. Almost no problems����
Have done a couple modifications (put removable shelves n closet, added a screen behind the entire grill to keep bugs out of radiator fins and will be adding a spare for our upcoming caravan to Baja in February).

When I first got it I went from front bumper to rear bumper and checked every screw, bolt, zip tie, connection, etc. Only found a few that needed snugged up.

Good luck!!!
Old 09-20-2015, 12:18 AM   #11

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Welcome, Debbie!

So many RV choices, and you're probably only going to buy one, at least one at a time! I've owned Class C, a travel trailer, and a 33' Class A before purchasing a Vegas 25.2 this summer. Over 5000 miles now, over several weeks, and it fits us just fine. We were apprehensive about fit and finish, and ours was great. Minor issues have been easily and quickly addressed. Complaints seem to aggregate in forums like this, but consider that many satisfied owners never bother to speak up. All brands have problems.

We all go through stages, just like that minivan that most of us needed at one time. Now our two seater is a lot more fun to drive than any car we ever owned. Our Vegas is no sports car, but it drives great and meets our needs for storage inside and out. The price was right, room for all our stuff, and occasional guests. And, we tow the two seater along behind!

You've already heard from a few 24.1 owners. Be sure you check out the new model 25.3. We prefer the walk around queen bed of 25.2 or 25.3, and don't mind that the bed folds when the slide is retracted.

Good luck with your decisions!
Old 09-20-2015, 10:24 PM   #12

THOR #2874
Thank you!
Old 09-20-2015, 10:43 PM   #13

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
All, Having a blast here at the beach. When I dropped off our Vegas on Friday, the parts manager told me the Safety Recall on the AC/Defrost was a $7.38 part (labor NOT included)! Also he was checking but he thought there was a second Recall on the 2016 Vegas and he would have it done too. When I get the RV back I'll report on the Recall(s), parts and numbers plus the repair on the Transmission linkage Cable vs Exhaust situation.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:54 AM   #14

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Very happy with the Axis we got! No real issues so far, though it did "need" a track-bar to tame down the tail wag with a toad in tow (should have a factory pan hard bar IMO). Super fun rig, our favorite RV to date. Just got back from some wilderness camping ... such a perfect little rig to get away in. Good luck in your search!
Old 09-21-2015, 07:33 PM   #15

Model: Vegas
State: California
THOR #2485
I purchased a 2016 Vegas 24.1 last month and just took it out for a shakedown cruise up to Cape Cod for several days. It was great fun and we really love the spaciousness of the unit and utility of the new bathroom doors. There are a few observations I'd like to make.

The edges of the hubcaps are very sharp and ended up making the hands of both myself and the RV demonstrator at the dealer a bloody mess when we tried to unscrew the caps to the valve stems. I plan to use a bit of sandpaper to take the edge out.

When you swivel the dump outlet down there is a round ring with a screw cap that is removable to allow you to connect the sewer hose from beneath. Unfortunately, the ring is attached with wood screws with sharp points sticking down underneath the compartment and I ended up poking and scraping through my gloved hands while reaching down to attach the hose (not fun to mix bloody cuts with sewer contents). I plan to remove these screws and replace them with something finger friendly.

The foam insulation strips on my front passenger side window unstick and droop down when the weather is hot. I noticed this happening with another unit I looked at before I bought this one so the stickiness of the strip isn't strong enough.

So watch out for your fingers when you reach around the wheels and the dump compartment.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:48 AM   #16

THOR #6175
Just bought our Vegas 24.1, taking it out next week. Looking for ideas on storing dishes, etc.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:54 AM   #17

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #2123
Dishes? Paper plates
Old 12-29-2016, 01:41 AM   #18

THOR #6175
Both, coffee cups.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:18 AM   #19
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Plastic is an RVers friend.. less noise going down the road... less breakage... and lighter. And of course paper plates when we just don't want to do the dishes.
Have some metal coffee cups from camping past that we use... and a couple of real mugs... but really very little breakable in that area on board.

If you are going to carry dishes - putting paper plates between them - or otherwise buffering them while traveling... especially for Michigan roads... lol. Hopefully California roads are better.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 02:21 AM   #20

THOR #1765
KISS. You don't need a service for 12. Enough dishes, glasses and coffee cups fit in plastic containers in the cabinet above the sink for us - along with the paper plates that we use most often. After every trip we take off the things we did not use. You'll be surprised how empty that can make some shelves. We try to take as little breakable stuff as possible.

Tags
vegas 24.1