Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2017, 11:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24SS
State: Colorado
THOR #6217
New Siesta 24SS owner

Sold WBO View and bought 24SS for the new floor plan. On maiden voyage.
Tom. AZ CO

Old 02-03-2017, 12:07 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congrats and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:35 AM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum!!!
Old 02-03-2017, 12:40 AM   #4

Model: 24SS
State: Colorado
THOR #6217
Thanks, guys. Looking forward to some good info on this site. I hope there isn't a lot of just complainers. We've been rving for 35 years. I like the new 24SS floor plan on the Sprinter diesel chassis and the 15 mpg. Had two WBO Views and really liked them. The Sprinter is great. Tom
Old 02-03-2017, 12:48 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: VanLeigh Vilano 365RL
State: Florida
THOR #1907
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you around. The Sprinter chassis is really neat for the size rig you have. Enjoy and stay in touch.

JRS950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:21 AM   #6

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
Congrats on the new coach and welcome to the Forum. Not too many complainers on here but beware of at least one ol' grouch.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:05 PM   #7

Model: Whitewater Toyhauler
State: Arizona
THOR #9130
24SS owner pleez pass your wisdom

TOMARN49 I see you have owned your Siesta 24SS for a year or so. I have been looking at the Compass/Gemini when I happened upon the Siesta 24SS and like it a bit more for the cab bunk (good for when traveling with grandkids). What say you? Do you still enjoy the 24SS? Do you feel you need a tow vehicle? How is it in cold weather (what is the coldest you have been camping with it). What is the fuel mileage, 15mpg (less or more)? I plan to head north for the summers, i.e. Alaska, Canada, Main road trips, so I will be hitting the 'bit hills', how is it in mountainous areas? I also plan to visit family in New Orleans, how is it in crowded areas? Off grid? I enjoy camping off grid on BLM land. Any insight you are willing to share would be very much appreciated.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:01 PM   #8

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
2018 Thor Siesta 24 SS

I too have a 2018 Thor Siesta that I purchased March 2018. Haven't been on any extended trips yet. Have done many weekend trips testing out the systems. Planning on hitting the road for a 6 week trip April 23 2019. I love the coach. We traded in our 2016 Winnebago ERA class B for the Thor Siesta 24 SS. I did change out the factory bump stops and installed the Sumo Springs as well as had a hydraulic auto leveling system added (The Equalizer System). The leveling system works great and takes out the guessing on leveling the coach once we are set up. The Sumo Springs were easy to install which I did myself at home. The Sumo Springs were also a cheap modification on the Sprinter Chassis. My coach came with the Summit Package. I have had no issues with THOR on some very ,minor issues while under warranty. Remember to fully load your new coach (water, waste tanks and propane as well as clothes dishes...) and have the alignment re-done or checked. With a full load on board, the front end alignment will need to be adjusted. I made that mistake with my previous coach and wore out the two front tires with just 7,000 miles on them. That cost me $750.00 for two tires and an alignment even though it was still under warranty. The small print from Winnebago had it listed in the owners manual. Lesson learned.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:54 AM   #9

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Welcome to the forum