Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2016, 06:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 30Q
State: Florida
THOR #3881
Hello from Jim&Pat

Hi there. We are not new to camping, I have been camping with the Boy Scouts since 1991, I am still active as a Scoutmaster. We purchased a coleman Pop-up in 2007 and camped FL and GA, but we wanted to do more, so in 2012 we moved up to Class A with the Hurricane 30Q. For the next 2 years we traveled just around the tri-state area of FL-GA-AL until we were fully retired.This last summer we took a 3 month trip North to Canada and East to Long Island, and down the East coast back to FL. This summer we plan on 3 mo trip west, so we will be picking your brains for sight seeing ideas. This looks like a really nice Forum, looking forward to chatting with you all.

2011 Hurricane 30Q
MSgtSemaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #2123
Welcome!
Old 03-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Welcome aboard, there are lots of ideas, problems and fixes that pass thru this Forum.

I hope your travels are many and trouble free.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:39 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #1123
Welcome and enjoy your travels and retirement.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:01 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Welcome aboard, this is a great forum. How where the roads in Canada, we are thinking of heading up there next year.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:26 PM   #6
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Welcome..we joined the Forum in January and all are very helpful.
Regarding the West...I can give you some ideas regarding Missouri,Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:03 PM   #7

Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
Welcome aboard, this is a great forum. How where the roads in Canada, we are thinking of heading up there next year.
Where in Canada are you going. We spent last summer traveling from FL to Alaska and the roads in Canada were excellent - better than many in US. We traveled all the way up the Alcan Hwy and back thru Dawson City, down Rt 37, across Rt 16 and down to Idaho. All the roads were good. Scenery in western Canada is awesome.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:43 PM   #8

Model: VanLeigh Vilano 365RL
THOR #1907
Welcome to the forum. We are just up the road from you near Daytona. Enjoy you unit, we love ours.
JRS950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:58 PM   #9

State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Well still new here my self but seems to be some cool nice people and a lot of info here... Welcome aboard....
Old 03-24-2016, 01:07 AM   #10

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Where in Canada are you going. We spent last summer traveling from FL to Alaska and the roads in Canada were excellent - better than many in US. We traveled all the way up the Alcan Hwy and back thru Dawson City, down Rt 37, across Rt 16 and down to Idaho. All the roads were good. Scenery in western Canada is awesome.
Do not have a plan yet but we would go straight up from Illinois through Wisconsin and Minnesota then visit a niece who is a missionary on an Indian reservation. Then I plan heading west and then up to Alaska. DW is not sure about the Alaska part but I am working on it
Old 03-24-2016, 03:22 PM   #11

Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
Do not have a plan yet but we would go straight up from Illinois through Wisconsin and Minnesota then visit a niece who is a missionary on an Indian reservation. Then I plan heading west and then up to Alaska. DW is not sure about the Alaska part but I am working on it
Alaska is fantastic. We have driven from South Florida to Alaska and back in our RV twice in the last three years. Last year we spent four months on the road, two of them in Alaska. We are thinking about doing it again next year. Not to miss. My sister and her husband ran a school on a First Nation (politically correct) reservation on Quadra island in the inland passage in western Canada. They loved it.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:57 PM   #12

State: Manitoba
THOR #3890
Hi to all, we are just retired and looking to buy our first RV. We live in Central Canada ( Manitoba ) and not many dealers around us let alone a Thor dealer so we are looking to purchase near the factory so any thoughts would be appreciated. We love the look of the Challenger.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:57 PM   #13

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerald Mc View Post
Hi to all, we are just retired and looking to buy our first RV. We live in Central Canada ( Manitoba ) and not many dealers around us let alone a Thor dealer so we are looking to purchase near the factory so any thoughts would be appreciated. We love the look of the Challenger.
We purchased ours from Total Value RV in Elkhart, IN which is only a few miles from the factories. Good customer service and family owned business. Might want to check them out as they sell just about all, if not all, Thor models. Good luck with your purchase wherever you choose and enjoy your retirement. Hope to be doing the same at the end of this year.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:02 PM   #14

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Welcome aboard. I seem to be one of the few West Coasters here. So feel free to ping me for some good sites.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:59 PM   #15

State: Manitoba
THOR #3890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
We purchased ours from Total Value RV in Elkhart, IN which is only a few miles from the factories. Good customer service and family owned business. Might want to check them out as they sell just about all, if not all, Thor models. Good luck with your purchase wherever you choose and enjoy your retirement. Hope to be doing the same at the end of this year.
Thanks Larry, and that's exactly where we were looking @... Total Value, they sound terrific and the added bonus of being close to the factory works for us. The biggest concern reading these forums is the time it takes to get repairs done, we expect problems to arise but not being near a good repair shop to access them is really our only concern......

Tags
hurricane 30q, jim&pat, usaf retired