Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: windsport 27k
State: Massachusetts
THOR #2451
Smile New to Motorhome life.

Hello ,
We have just bought our first entry level motorhome , Thor Windsport 27k 2015 . Pickup won't be until 7/27/2015 anxious as heck. Since we are new to this life style and plan on traveling across the U.S. after our retirement in 2016 we would benefit from other(s) advice. I do have one question already the motorhome does not have an auto sunshade for driving just the drop down visors which I am too Short to gain from. Any suggestions??
Sandi&David: aka: Windsport27k 2015

Old 07-17-2015, 07:48 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsport27k2015 View Post
Hello ,
We have just bought our first entry level motorhome , Thor Windsport 27k 2015 . Pickup won't be until 7/27/2015 anxious as heck. Since we are new to this life style and plan on traveling across the U.S. after our retirement in 2016 we would benefit from other(s) advice. I do have one question already the motorhome does not have an auto sunshade for driving just the drop down visors which I am too Short to gain from. Any suggestions??
Sandi&David: aka: Windsport27k 2015
Sandi
David

You may want to ask your dealer if they can install the power sunshade in the coach either before or immediately following delivery.

It may be worth the investment. My coach has one as standard equipment and it definitely serves tis purpose.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:47 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Welcome! Hubby and I recently purchased a 2016 Hurricane 27K and are excited at the prospect of doing some traveling in it.

Hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your "twin!"
Old 07-18-2015, 05:19 AM   #4

Model: Damon Daybreak 3211
State: England
THOR #719
Congratulations on your new motorhome. Enjoy all your travels.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #5

THOR #2451
Congratulations to our "twin". Are you already traveling on the roads ? We actually almost purchased the 2015 hurricane. But the 2015 windsport was priced better. Can I add you as a friend?
Old 07-20-2015, 03:52 PM   #6

THOR #2451
Thank you Boldwyn Pig we so intend to enjoy, hope that your enjoying your Hurricane 30q nice model! England wow beautiful country. Can I add you as a friend?
Old 07-20-2015, 04:10 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsport27k2015 View Post
Congratulations to our "twin". Are you already traveling on the roads ? We actually almost purchased the 2015 hurricane. But the 2015 windsport was priced better. Can I add you as a friend?
Hi again! If this message was directed at me, of course you can add me as a friend. I'm Eileen and my hubby is Stan. We live in southeastern Arizona.

And no - we haven't take to the road yet. It's a long story, but we hope to be able to do a few short trips in the coming months. We're having some warranty work done on the coach and the dealer is quickly becoming a thorn in our side. But that story is for another day!
Old 07-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #8

THOR #2451
Hello Neelic, Eileen and Stan,
Sorry you having issues already with the dealer, ugh!! I read reviews about dealerships and unfortunately a fair share appear to be below par . Sad . Love to hear the story when you want to share. Arizona is a destination for our future trip. we retire in 2016 but don't plan to "hit the long Road" until beginning of 2017. In the meantime aiming to learn the equipment/vehicle during small jaunts/camping trips. When in do expect to get your coach back?