Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2019, 09:48 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor four winds SF 35
State: Texas
THOR #13025
Smile

Welcome, love my Thor.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:19 PM   #22

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Great choice!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinetools1 View Post
Hello there

We are new 2019 Thor 29m motorhome owners. We are not new to motor homes or 5th wheel trailers but am new to Thor products. I see a lot of issues with the Thor products and hope I did not make a mistake in purchasing this product brand.

I realize every brand has its issues and there are a lot of moving parts in a motorhome. I only hope mine was built on a Wednesday and not on Monday or Friday
We bought our second Thor RV May of 2018, a Windsport 29m. We got a Axis 25.2 July of 2017 and realized after 9 months it was too small. I'm 6'6" and the queen bed and no side slide out just made RVing uncomfortable. I loved the Windsport floor plan, King size bed, dinette, outside kitchen, loads of wardrobe space in bedroom and larger black, grey and fresh water tanks.AND the 19.5 " wheels. We got a new mattress, took out the sofa, it's just me and the wife and installed Thomas Payne electric recliners with heat, massage and electric open and close and a lot more upgrades. YES, things have broke and failed but Gander RV in Statesville, NC and Thor have been awesome in taking good care of us. We are leaving this Friday for a long planned trip across America from NC to California. This will be the most miles and the most days we have spent in it but I'm confident we will get there and back with NO ISSUES!!!!! I bought a tire caddie that mounts into the rear receiver and a rim and tire in case of a flat and other than that, we should be good to go!!!! Will let you know but don't fear, if you don't get good service with the dealer you bought it from call Thor. They are great at working with their customers----just don't take any BULLSHIT FROM ANYONE and you'll be fine!!!!! Happy Trails; Bob & Wendy Trice
Old 09-05-2019, 12:00 AM   #23

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
We bought our second Thor RV May of 2018, a Windsport 29m. We got a Axis 25.2 July of 2017 and realized after 9 months it was too small. I'm 6'6" and the queen bed and no side slide out just made RVing uncomfortable. I loved the Windsport floor plan, King size bed, dinette, outside kitchen, loads of wardrobe space in bedroom and larger black, grey and fresh water tanks.AND the 19.5 " wheels. We got a new mattress, took out the sofa, it's just me and the wife and installed Thomas Payne electric recliners with heat, massage and electric open and close and a lot more upgrades. YES, things have broke and failed but Gander RV in Statesville, NC and Thor have been awesome in taking good care of us. We are leaving this Friday for a long planned trip across America from NC to California. This will be the most miles and the most days we have spent in it but I'm confident we will get there and back with NO ISSUES!!!!! I bought a tire caddie that mounts into the rear receiver and a rim and tire in case of a flat and other than that, we should be good to go!!!! Will let you know but don't fear, if you don't get good service with the dealer you bought it from call Thor. They are great at working with their customers----just don't take any BULLSHIT FROM ANYONE and you'll be fine!!!!! Happy Trails; Bob & Wendy Trice

Exactly!
Old 09-07-2019, 07:38 AM   #24

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Ohio
THOR #14952
Welcome to the forum and congrats on buying your Windsport, it is beee-u-t- full. You are going to have so much fun seeing the sights, making new memories. Remember there is a wealth of knowledge inside these little square boxes, you just have to ask a questions.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:28 AM   #25

Model: 28z
State: Idaho
THOR #1797
It's not just Thor. my rig is at ford for the last two weeks for a oil pressure light problem and has spent at least 6 weeks at ford in the past 3 years for stuff like oil cooler leaks and most rigs have the same v10 engine and no one is beating up ford
Old 09-10-2019, 06:53 PM   #26

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbyid View Post
It's not just Thor. my rig is at ford for the last two weeks for a oil pressure light problem and has spent at least 6 weeks at ford in the past 3 years for stuff like oil cooler leaks and most rigs have the same v10 engine and no one is beating up ford
That's because 99% of the Ford chassis' that leaves the factory are fully functional with no defects while the same can not be said for Thor.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote