Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2018, 09:48 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Propwash, (Air Force?).
We keep our 24.1 plugged in 365 24/7 with a small space heater set at 42 degrees, AC set at 85, Magna Shades up, fridge set to electric, Power button to Use...we call it ready mode (ready for last minute fishing trips). Once I got the initial problems with the Harris batteries (changed them out) I have had no problems with charging, heating, cooling nor needed to winterize.

DocMike

PS. Thank You for your service.
Same here, always plugged in and an electric heater is permanently on from October to March, she's also under an open ended, 30ftx12ft barn that I built. We do get away a few times over the winter and I'll take a run up the road every month to keep everything moving. It's also a great 'man cave' for when I want to disappear for an hour 😉🤣

Old 11-01-2018, 11:59 PM   #22

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #11928
Just checked on my house and chassis batteries, and they seem to be holding their charge now. I may have found why they discharged in a short time after our last trip. When closing up the motorhome today, I hit the power "Store/Use" switch on the way out, and although hearing the normal click, noticed the switch remained lit up! I recycled the switch, and heard click again, but this time the light went out. Recycled the switch several times more, and again, found it took two cycles to remove the power! Now I have to figure out why...

At least now I know to RECHECK the switch when closing up the motorhome...
Old 11-02-2018, 12:19 AM   #23
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propwash View Post
Just checked on my house and chassis batteries, and they seem to be holding their charge now. I may have found why they discharged in a short time after our last trip. When closing up the motorhome today, I hit the power "Store/Use" switch on the way out, and although hearing the normal click, noticed the switch remained lit up! I recycled the switch, and heard click again, but this time the light went out. Recycled the switch several times more, and again, found it took two cycles to remove the power! Now I have to figure out why...

At least now I know to RECHECK the switch when closing up the motorhome...
If you are leaving the RV plugged into 120V then leave the store/use switch in use.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:08 AM   #24

THOR #11928
Absolutely... I always ensure it is on when I am plugged in...., and everything works as it should. I just hadn't noticed it was taking TWO on-off cycles for the switch to function normally. Evidently, when it had sat idle for a few weeks and not plugged in, the Use/Store switch had not actually opened as it should have. Not sure why I am having to cycle it twice!!
Old 11-02-2018, 01:10 AM   #25

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propwash View Post
Absolutely... I always ensure it is on when I am plugged in...., and everything works as it should. I just hadn't noticed it was taking TWO on-off cycles for the switch to function normally. Evidently, when it sitting idle for a few weeks and not plugged in, the Use/Store switch had not actually opened as it should have. Not sure why I am having to cycle it twice!!
Leave a light on inside, then toggle the switch. No light, switch is in store.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:27 AM   #26

THOR #11928
Yeah, sounds like best way to verify whether the switch is actually cutting power each time.

Funny that the "Use" switch stayed red, even though I could hear the relay click when moving the switch to the OFF position. I'll go back out in morning and recheck the lights while cycling. I did verify when the red light was off....that there was no interior power to anything. Just hadn't checked when I cycled off and red switch light remained on.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #27

THOR #11928
Just went out this morning to recheck the "Store" switch. Flipped the switch on, the switch red light illuminated, heard relay click... and had power to coaches interior. Turned "Store" switch off, heard relay click as usual, but the switch stayed illuminated, along with inside lights. Cycled the "Store" switch a second time, relay clicked as usual, but this time the switch red light and coaches inside lighting went out. Can't understand why it takes TWO cycles of the "Store" switch for it to operate correctly!

This may explain why all my batteries went dead, when I locked it up a few weeks ago. I had placed the "Store" switch off on my way out of the coach, but evidently hadn't noticed the "Store" switch had remained lit. Wondering if any other owners having problems with battery drain may have had a similar problem??

Now to find out why!