Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 24FS
State: California
THOR #7254
Newbie to Thor

We just picked up our 2017 Four Winds 24FS, Class C Sprinter! Since we helped the dealership hit a hundred units sold the month of April, it showed at delivery.

Thankfully for this forum I will be writing Thor for our spec. Need to find the water filter among other things. Not sure if we have a TPMS, will want to get that before the summer begins.

First shake down trip will be this weekend in Lil Bess as my son has named her!

Old 05-01-2017, 03:33 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Virginia
THOR #5560
Welcome to the forums!
Old 05-01-2017, 06:33 PM   #3

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
KNG17

Congratulations on your new motorhome and may it take you to all sorts of new adventures... and bring you back safe!

Contact Thor Customer Care and request all of the pertinent drawings. Fresh water system, electrical AC and DC, plumbing and/or sewer, andwhatever else they offer. I have the Synergy TT24 with the split rear beds and my fresh water drawing showed the water filter under the passenger side bed. Was it under the bed he asks? Nooooo, it was not under the passenger side bed. It was under the driver's side bed and was inaccessibility unless you removed the bed. I made the dealership remove the whole thing and replumb the line as I would rather use the Camco portable filter outside or a home-made version.

Be sure to document any issues and try to take photos if at all possible. Also keep an eye on the roof top seals. Unless Thor changed their warranty the roof seals/caulking only lasted the first 3-months as opposed to 12-months for the rest of the coach.

You will not find a TPMS on the Sprinter. It may not be a federal requirement on that type of vehicle but it is certainly a worthwhile addition.

Load your motorhome like you would for a trip and get it weighed; each wheel position if possible at the very least wach axle. You may also need to get an alignment check as that will change when loaded and most manufacturers cannot do that because they can't anticipate how the motorhomes will be loaded/used.

Again, enjoy it and make good memories with the family using it!

Regards,

Ed & Robin
2016 Thor Synergy TT24 3.0L

We put 15,000 miles on ours the first year (2016) and hope to come close to that again this year.
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote