Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #1991
Another New Vegas Owner

The wife and myself picked up our new Vegas 24.2 last weekend. What a change from the Jayco and the F-250 rig. I look forward to having a relief driver and being able to move around a bit while traveling.

Is there anyone out there that can tell me how to activate and control the rear camera outside sound system. During the test drive the salesman had to fiddle with the radio controls to cut it off as I left the parking lot. So far I'm good with everything else.

Otherwise, what a sweet ride.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:28 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations on your new rig.

You most likely have the newer radio installed and thus I don't think I can offer any suggestions (unless your radio is the older Jensen unit).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:41 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Yay and congrats!
We're starting to settle into ours. Fun rig!
Haven't messed with the audio much other than switching the camera on for travel and linking a phone. I don't however remember ever hearing outside sound?
Old 06-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #4

THOR #1991
Thanks for the quick reply guys. If the mic sound wasn't on when we were driving, I wouldn't have known the coach had the thing. The sound system is an Axxera 614 BH, had to look up the users manual on the web, no help. Bugs me having that capability and not being able to figure it out.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy RVer View Post
Thanks for the quick reply guys. If the mic sound wasn't on when we were driving, I wouldn't have known the coach had the thing. The sound system is an Axxera 614 BH, had to look up the users manual on the web, no help. Bugs me having that capability and not being able to figure it out.
I have the Axxera in my Challenger. The rear camera mic only works when the vehicle is in reverse. It is a one way mic, person outside can talk to the driver and the driver cannot talk back (my wife loves this feature). I was recently told it is also activated when the 4 way flashers are on in any gear. I have checked the rear camera and that part is true I have not verified the rear mic with 4 ways.

To listen to the radio while viewing the rearview camera, turn on the radio to a station and then press the mode button for about two seconds to activate the rear view camera.

If you have side view cameras they are only activated with the respective turn signal.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:25 PM   #6

THOR #1991
Apparently this thing is wired to work in reverse and while in drive. When I first noticed it we were driving onto the highway with the rear camera activated. It took the salesman a minute to cut the mic by playing with the radio controls. Guess I should have paid more attention but I was admiring that super big windshield.

Thanks Dave