Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2019, 02:24 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #8319
Our first RV is a 2017 29'FE. We've had a few challenges...house battery and inverter had to be replaced. Circuit from inverter to TV receptacle had a short somewhere in a wall and had to be replaced . Almost every 3/4 and 1" screw in the interior has either gotten loose or fallen out completely. Keep a square drive screwdriver handy along with thicker screws, gorilla glue and plastic wood. The awning motor housing had a crack in it that allowed water in which killed the motor. The shower spigots leaked and had to be replaced. The trap on the outside sink developed a leak which shorted out the drain motor and fridge circuit. The hitch receiver was not bolted on tightly and correctly and we almost lost a storage rack. In spite of these issues we have really enjoyed the RV life. I've become a better handyman. And stay away from CW unless you want to wait for at least 6 weeks to get it back. The Thor technical department has been very helpful. I got to know them on a first name basis. Our next goal is to get a toad to pull behind us so we can set up camp and have our own transportation. In spite of it all we like our RV and it's design.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:01 AM   #22

State: Illinois
THOR #12676
Hello, I too am a 2019 30FE owner and also had my issues with CW but got them worked out. My big thing was the way it drove. Wife and I took a trip to Florida in Feb. to excape the cold weather here in Illinois and it was a white knuckle experience. Since then I have installed a rear track bar, Safety steering stabilizer, and front and rear sway bars. Drives pretty good now but still moves around a little bit. But happy with the layout. Get in take off and enjoy!!!
Old 08-18-2019, 05:56 PM   #23

Model: 30FE
State: Alaska
THOR #11621
Welcome and good luck.Take a tour to Alaska for a true adventure😊.We are an owner of a 2017 Thor 30fe,the only issues we have is that I lost signal to my monitor..
Old 08-18-2019, 07:22 PM   #24

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajz927 View Post
... I know I’ll need solar for sure...

Not sure if you are 'sure' about that, as you didn't mention 'why' you'd 'need' solar, unless you are really going to be off-grid for lengths of time, with no generator or shore power, etc. An overnight here or there without hookups probably doesn't make for a real 'need' for solar, or the financial output it would take to have enough to really make enough 'difference', verses using your generator, which you have already paid for - it is a very efficient power center to serve you well for years to come.

Solar is alluring, and there may even be peer-pressure for many to think that it's a 'must' to 'really' be a good camper, but the reality is that it's not nearly as cost-effective and beneficial as most think, especially when you have young kids who want to constantly be plugged in for their devices and game systems and tv watching, and your wife wants, like mine, air conditioning, just like at home,etc... you start to see that your generator is really your best friend.

You'll find out your camping and traveling style more, though, as you initially get on the road and start finding out 'what' this is all about... have a good time : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:08 PM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #18085
Hope you see this, what camping world location did you get that deal at?
Old 02-26-2020, 07:59 PM   #26

Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Mississippi
THOR #14190
Welcome, we are 30FE owners also. We really like ours and have been on many trips with little difficulty. Only one mishap, the shower drain pipe broke at the connector. I fixed myself but was no fun. Other than that no issues. CW not a chance used them one time kept my RV for a month. It cost me more money in gas than what the part was to fix. I just fix things myself know which I have not had anymore since the drain issue. You will enjoy with they would have set the TV's in the bunks a little higher they are hard to watch for the grands laying down. Are toad is a 2019 Jeep Trailhawk.