Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2018, 05:45 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #5210
Thor

No i took it to there service center.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:25 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Thor or dealer?

If Thor chooses to sell through dealers, and approves those dealers as representatives of their products, why shouldn’t Thor be held at least partly responsible for lack of service? Don’t Thor also control warranty funding and maintain ability to deny claims?

The inability of RV owners to get things fixed correctly on a timely basis is the most important lesson I’ve learned on this forum. I personally find it disappointing, and a great reason to look at 2~3 year old RVs to avoid warranty hassles.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:51 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
We took our time like you, and we had(still do, but it's for sale) a 5th wheel. After a year, we pulled the trigger on a slightly used 2018 Thor Palazzo 36.1. The unit has some issues, but you will have issues on anything you buy!

Our Palazzo is great even with the issues we are finding -some just annoy me and others are significant (holding tank flush system not working and never worked or could -you have to plumb it before you can put water into it!!! Have some climate system issues as well along with slides -now fixed - always remember to hold the switch for 3-5 seconds after you think the slide is in or out, the electric motors must sync, and don't stop the slide movement at any other time. They must run all in or all out or you get an out of sync condition which could damage inter walls.
Take you time, look everywhere in the country, check the selling party's integrity and motive. Good luck and we hope to see you on the road.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:05 PM   #24

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
A couple of data points.

1. You must be your own best advocate. We've put more than 54k miles on our coach in 3.5 years, averaging 8 months each year. We've had issues but fixed each. Thor has been very helpful. I outlined the process we've used. It is here: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/...html#post97391.

2. The pricing and percentages you've been given are spot on. I'd say a minimum of 30% but upwards to 40% of MSRP are your aiming points. Some folks will advise to buy used others advise to buy new. Unless we could buy way under market, we are buying new. I am always skeptical of buying used - always think I am gonna get the rig that someone traded in because they had so many issues. At least with a 1 year warranty, I know from experience Thor will stand behind the issues.

Just our way to roll.