Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #16595
Ohio THOR Dealers

Greetings!
My wife and I are in the early stages of shopping for a class-c. As we live in Ohio, I was wondering if people in this group could provide suggestions for the highest rated THOR dealer. We live between Toledo and Cleveland, and we hope to find a dealer with fair pricing, good customer relations, and excellent service records. Any commentary and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
--Berni

Old 09-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
One thing for sure...wherever you buy, you are so lucky to live so close to the factory service center in Wakarusa where they do warranty work, and do it right and fast the first time!!...that should open the playing field for you to knock them on their knees while negotiating.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:01 AM   #3

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
I have two suggestions, but both are a couple of hours from you. The first would be Total Value RV in Elkhart, IN. There have been good reports on them.

We bought our Vegas from Paul Sherry RV in Piqua, just north of Dayton in 2015 . They were great, even though all dealings were done long distance. Can't speak to their service after delivery, as we hit the road and didn't return. Based on that history, you might check them out.

Your results may vary.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:59 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Check out Craig Smith RV Center in Galion OH. We bought our 2015 Windsport from Camping World in Akron at the Cleveland RV Show, and no one could beat their price but their service left much to be desired. Had a air conditioner problem when the coach was 3 months old and was given the royal run around and plenty of wrong information, Found Craig Smith in Galion by accident and they made time to help with the problem. We also found Caranfa Ford in Bellevue who will work on a motorhome. Happy hunting.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:35 AM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinbach View Post
Greetings!
My wife and I are in the early stages of shopping for a class-c. As we live in Ohio, I was wondering if people in this group could provide suggestions for the highest rated THOR dealer. We live between Toledo and Cleveland, and we hope to find a dealer with fair pricing, good customer relations, and excellent service records. Any commentary and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
--Berni
One more vote for Total Value in Elkhart, IN. The Elkhart RVP is next door. I would book 2 to 4 days after you take delivery and during the day look at the Thor, Jayco, Entegra and Newmar factories and the RV museum. If you find anything wrong or have mods you want, Total Value will put you at the head of the line. If they don't have the parts they need, the factory is just 4 miles south.

I was staying at the RVP just after I bought my coach and toured Thor Plant 750. During the factory tour, I ask to look at a 31S so I could see the top kitchen drawer install, as my top drawer was sticky and didn't look like it was opening fully. When we got back to the coach after dinner, there were two Thor plant 750 guys waiting for us with instructions to fix the kitchen drawers. It took them 5 minuted to find the problem and reset the guides.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote