Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2018, 11:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: Texas
THOR #11223
Rattling Exit Door

I own a 2018 Thor ACE 30.4. For 1 1/2 yrs, I have a rattling exit door. The dealer has adjusted, lubricated, and even replaced the door handle. But, still the rattle continues! I realize the RV will rattle when I hit a bump in the road. But, this is a constant rattle, even riding a smooth road.

I contacted THOR customer service and he told me it’s natural for an RV to rattle. I just can’t believe that. Yes, a rattle or the RV makes a noise when I hit a bump but not a constant rattle on a smooth road.

Has anyone else had an issue with a rattling exit door on this particular model 30.4? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 06-30-2018, 11:46 PM   #2

Model: Allegro Open Road
State: Florida
THOR #8069
I had the same problem with my Windsport 29M. I had my son try to find the rattle noise as I was driving. When he pushed on a certain part of the screen door the noise stopped. I went out and bought brown felt stick pads used for under chairs, furniture and stuck them in the area between the screen door and the main door, that took care of the noise. The pads matched the color of the door and not noticable.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:05 AM   #3

Model: ACE 30.4
State: Texas
THOR #11223
Interesting! The dealer did the same thing but the rattle continued.

My wife grabbed the door handle and the noise stopped. So, it is the handle that is the source of my rattle. But, the THOR officials don’t believe me.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:34 AM   #4

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10254
My 29M had a similar issue...a rattle in the door while driving.

I bought some 1" weather stripping from Lowes & cut 2 strips & put them between the screen door and the main door.

That solved our problems for now.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #5

State: North Carolina
THOR #6026
We were going crazy with the rattles. We used 2 layers of sound deadening on th dog house cab areas. Once that was quite we could hear everything else. The weather stripping around the door and screen made a huge difference in sound and insulation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Old 07-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #6

Model: Ace 30.4
State: Missouri
THOR #12214
Door Rattle

Just purchased a new 2018 Ace 30.4 and completed a 3100 mile trip... same issue!! But I am afraid its not the door..its almost like something loose in the wall above the door or around the window. I am actually going to take the window out above the door as we held every part of the door as we drove and couldnt pinpoint it.

As far as the windnoise in the dash mine was terrible. I got under the front end and took many pictures...there are many openings where the sloppy black spray foam they used didnt even get in the openings where wires and lines ran thru so i bought regular home spray sealer and filled them all in. Hope it helps. Any other ideas on cab noise would be appreciated.

Todd