Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-06-2015, 09:57 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
No fees, everything full and a DVD of the walk through. I could have asked anything and did ask a lot. Unfortunately this was our first new purchase and we didn't know everything to ask, such as Jamie's winterization question. I was surprised at the full tanks but very happy at the same time. I did refer to the DVD from time to time but after a year but now I feel comfortable with the unit.

I will winterize tomorrow and use Jamie's post. My best friend is an attorney and we will contact Jamie via registered mail if the winterization does not work out well.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:40 PM   #22
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz
I will winterize tomorrow and use Jamie's post. My best friend is an attorney and we will contact Jamie via registered mail if the winterization does not work out well.
Well you can't believe everything you read on the internet!
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:41 PM   #23
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Just remember Jamie is not responsible for the electrons that are transmitted over the internet
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:30 AM   #24

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsowards View Post
the sales person called me and said we were losing a good deal and that the dealership was losing money on this and her commission was less than $100!!!
Put on the boots, it's getting deep in there!

Car dealers in Florida charge "dealer fees" from zero to almost $1000. Then, on newer models, some add "market adjustment" which is code for dealer profit. Then there's the F&I guy there to add dealer profit with add-ons like extended warranty.

We bought our Vegas from Paul Sherry RV in Ohio, with $250 delivery cost, without the silly fees. They didn't fill the gas tank, and promised to fill the LP, but that didn't happen. They spent a lot more time than expected connecting my toad brake system, so I didn't complain about a few gallons of LP.

I really wanted to buy from a closer dealer, but there's a limit on what I'll pay for that, money talks. I got great local service on the recent 'Vegas recall, and after the warranty expires, I can choose who I hire for service.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #25

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Michigan
THOR #2628
I think we paid 299 and 99 for those fees. We received full tank of fuel and LP with a 2 hour walk around. Our fridge was cold when we pick the coach up.

We received 38% off list price so I was happy!!

KC
Old 11-17-2015, 04:35 AM   #26

Model: Chateau 28F
State: Colorado
THOR #2768
The average RV is marked up 40% (MSRP) Remeber that when you think your getting a good deal! Buyer beware!
Old 11-17-2015, 05:33 PM   #27

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RS3
State: Illinois
THOR #2847
Rip off

A little off subject, but I had plumbing work done on my house once. When I went in to pay the bill I ask what this $9.00 charge was for. They tried to charge me for their paperwork and billing. I told them to stick it and never went back. That paperwork and billing is all part of doing business. They were just looking to squeeze more money out of anyone that didn't question it. If it's not on the original contract I would not pay.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:36 PM   #28

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
So interesting to hear of the different experiences folks have had when taking possession of their coaches!

We didn't even get a "starter kit" which another RV dealer we chose not to work with offered. That included a roll of TP, some septic cleaner/deodorizer, a sewer hose, a fresh water hose, a bucket and a couple other things I can't remember. Instead we got a $25 gift certificate to be used in the RV's store to purchase any necessities we might need right away.

I love how the dealer in FL provided an amazing kit with goodies and water, etc. That was quite generous! Then again I figure they've added in their costs somewhere else, but it was still nice to have all that "stuff" waiting in the RV.

Oh, and we paid no "itemized" PDI fees. Again, they must have been built into the price somewhere. We got a full propane tank, a full gas tank, and the fresh water reservoir was full.