Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2016, 03:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 23h
State: Colorado
THOR #5933
Picking up Freedom Elite 23h on Saturday

Hello,
I will be the proud owner of a Freedom Elite 23h on Saturday morning! I have the walk thru and orientation scheduled at 9:30am.

What type of questions should I ask? I will be video taping the orientation but I know I will be anxious and will miss critical questions. Help me please! Thank you and I am glad to join this group as a owner...

Old 11-15-2016, 06:50 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Welcome Aboard!
This is the place to ask all those questions,,, There are a plethora of knowledge here just waiting to answer your wtf's?
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:38 PM   #3

Model: thor 22FE
State: Georgia
THOR #3371
i have a freedom elite 22fe...pay attention to whether the coach is winterized or not. blown out or anti freeze in the lines. where the water bypass is located and low point drains. open and close every drawer to make sure latches all hold so when turning corners they don't fly open. may sure precheck person shows you what everything is under the bed(electrical). all your readouts fresh/black/gray and house battery level and LP level(make sure LP is full). DEMAND valve extenders on rear. open and retract awning several times..i am sure others will help also...these are just some suggestions. OH, check air in all tires or have them do it while you are watching. if they do it, you will see the problem with checking the pressure level.
patrick
Old 11-16-2016, 06:24 PM   #4

Model: Chateau 23U
State: California
THOR #1490
make sure they show you the manuals. maybe they can go into detail. Don't rush the walk through.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:33 PM   #5

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
THe drains for the water for sure. You will have a low point drain for fresh tank but then there will likely be 3 bypass valves for water heater and 2 low point valves for the hot water and cold water.

Location of electrical switchs and breakers Try every latch, door, hinge. Drive around and listen for squeeks and rattles.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:38 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Grab Ed's Axis/Vegas owner's manual (yeah it isn't a Freedom Elite but the concepts still apply) from here: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html

There is a very good checklist in it for predelivery inspections.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:10 PM   #7

Model: thor 22FE
State: Georgia
THOR #3371
i would also try to get them to do a full front end alignment. other wise that will be one of the FIRST things YOU have to do. also Thor does not make a separate Freedom Elite manual for the class c. they will probably give you an Axis manual. you can also download the 2015 four winds. cross reference it with ED's, he did a great job.
patrick
Old 11-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #8

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjciii View Post
i would also try to get them to do a full front end alignment. other wise that will be one of the FIRST things YOU have to do. also Thor does not make a separate Freedom Elite manual for the class c. they will probably give you an Axis manual. you can also download the 2015 four winds. cross reference it with ED's, he did a great job.
patrick
That is a great point. The front end alignment is off on mine and I only found once place in chicago that will do it on a alignment machine.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:31 PM   #9

Model: Freedom Elite 23h
State: Colorado
THOR #5933
Wow! Thank you all for the most excellent information! I never would have asked many of these issues! Thank you SO much!