Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2018, 08:55 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #12522
Quantum LF31 Solar recommendation

What is the best solar package to install on the Quantum LF31? It has two 12v batteries and comes pre-wired for solar.

The bad boy is at the dealership getting some warranty work done on it and I have read that the PV wires Are hard to find. Are they under the bed in the electrical box? Anyone know where the 2018 quantum LF31 PV works end so I can attach a controller and then wire to the batteries?

Old 08-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #62

Model: Quantum RC25
State: Maryland
THOR #9251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Class C View Post
What is the best solar package to install on the Quantum LF31? It has two 12v batteries and comes pre-wired for solar.

The bad boy is at the dealership getting some warranty work done on it and I have read that the PV wires Are hard to find. Are they under the bed in the electrical box? Anyone know where the 2018 quantum LF31 PV works end so I can attach a controller and then wire to the batteries?
that's where they are on the rc25. some owners of both models have details on thor quantum owners facebook group.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:09 PM   #63

State: Texas
THOR #12681
New Quantum RC25 Owner

Hello fellow Quantum and Thor owners. I’m living in Spring, TX. So far we love the RV, but have had many bugs to work out from the get-go! Many problems stem from a really slow and unhelpful dealership. Had a Ford issue literally a couple of hours after taking delivery with the brakes locking up going in reverse. Dealership was happy to say “Not our Problem”. Now having awning issues. Heater issues. And AC not blowing cold. I love to work on as many issues as I can, because it makes me get to know our RV on a personal level. But the first few months are always hard with an new one. Hope to find many answers here. Glad I joined the Forum.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #64

THOR #9251
Greetings fellow Quantum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggaeDub View Post
Hello fellow Quantum and Thor owners. I’m living in Spring, TX. So far we love the RV, but have had many bugs to work out from the get-go! Many problems stem from a really slow and unhelpful dealership. Had a Ford issue literally a couple of hours after taking delivery with the brakes locking up going in reverse. Dealership was happy to say “Not our Problem”. Now having awning issues. Heater issues. And AC not blowing cold. I love to work on as many issues as I can, because it makes me get to know our RV on a personal level. But the first few months are always hard with an new one. Hope to find many answers here. Glad I joined the Forum.
Which model do you have? I admin a Facebook group we'd love to have you join us... Thor quantum owners. P.s. We have an rc25 in MD
Old 08-11-2018, 01:16 PM   #65

State: Texas
THOR #12681
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyscookies View Post
Which model do you have? I admin a Facebook group we'd love to have you join us... Thor quantum owners. P.s. We have an rc25 in MD
Hello, Yes we just got the RC25. She’s a beauty for her size. And yes I also just joined you on FB last night. My name is Afchine. Actually I may use FB a little bit more for ease of use, but glad there are rescourses of all kinds like this forum. Because there is so much to think about. Plus I’m having many issues so far with what I feel is a dealership that 1. Doesn’t care, and 2. May even be deliberately causing maintenance problems by cutting wires to systems so that we may have to bring her in for warranty work. I’ll ask more in FB for opinions.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:57 AM   #66

Model: Quantum
State: Alabama
THOR #13457
Steve and Carol here. Purchased a 2017 PD31 last year and have used it 4 times. Dixie RV has had it the rest of the time. Seems like they don't want to fix anything and just leave you hanging. Sorry if I am abrupt about anything, but this whole experience of having this RV has been bad. Hope it will change and get better.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #67

THOR #13457
If you want to stay happy, keep your unit away from Dixie RV at all costs. I have nothing but bad experiences with their service department.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:15 PM   #68

Model: Quontum PD31
State: New Hampshire
THOR #10584
Hi Steve and Carol. What are the issues with your PD31? What part of the country do you live in?
Old 10-17-2018, 05:55 PM   #69

THOR #9251
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker3030 View Post
Steve and Carol here. Purchased a 2017 PD31 last year and have used it 4 times. Dixie RV has had it the rest of the time. Seems like they don't want to fix anything and just leave you hanging. Sorry if I am abrupt about anything, but this whole experience of having this RV has been bad. Hope it will change and get better.
Hi Steve and Carol, are you on the Quantum owners fb group? we have a tech and factory guys on that who are very helpful, if there are things you need advice on and could fix yourself. Sorry to hear your dealer is useless.
Thor Quantum Owners is the group name on fb.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:21 PM   #70

THOR #13457
Have issues with the leveling jacks, and batteries not charging. Dixie RV kept the unit for over 2 months and did not fix the problem. They keep saying that they could not duplicate the problem. We live in South Alabama.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:40 PM   #71

THOR #9251
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker3030 View Post
Have issues with the leveling jacks, and batteries not charging. Dixie RV kept the unit for over 2 months and did not fix the problem. They keep saying that they could not duplicate the problem. We live in South Alabama.
Hi, You might want to join Thor Quantum Owners facebook group. There are some really helpful folks from the factory, and a volunteer RV tech, as well as other owners with experience there. P.S. our rc25 doesn't have levelling jacks so I'm no help!
Old 04-28-2019, 05:13 PM   #72

State: Washington
THOR #15154
18 ws31

New owner and new to the group...couple of questions for you all...how do I turn off the camera feature when I use the blinkers? It shuts off my music. #2 any way to speed up the ice maker I got 12 cubes in 12 hours...is that right?
Old 04-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #73

Model: Quantum GR-22
State: Arizona
THOR #11838
I do not think it is an option to turn off the side mirror camera activation "feature" when turn signals are used. I think you can turn off the backup camera, but when I tried this, the turn signals still activated the side mirror camera and turned off the sound on the head unit.

I searched months ago to see if anybody has found a solution, but did not find anything. Maybe someone has found something since then.

Not sure why this feature exists, perhaps it is just a "programming" oversight.

NativeAz
NativeAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:24 PM   #74

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Indiana
THOR #10823
I haven't found a way to turn the side cameras off but I normally drive with the backup camera on to keep an eye on our toad. Doing it this way, at least on ours, when the side cameras come on the sound doesn't cut off. If I have the radio screen showing the sound will drop out when the side view comes on.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #75

State: Michigan
THOR #15185
Question about Quantum RC25 "curtain"?

Hi - this is our first motorhome. Hate to sound stupid but the curtain that came with our model to use at night in the dash and driver and passenger windows is about 3 feet to long and doesn't appear to have enough velcro in the cab to hang properly for privacy. Can anyone assist with this and give me some guidance?
Old 05-01-2019, 07:33 PM   #76

THOR #9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbhgirl View Post
Hi - this is our first motorhome. Hate to sound stupid but the curtain that came with our model to use at night in the dash and driver and passenger windows is about 3 feet to long and doesn't appear to have enough velcro in the cab to hang properly for privacy. Can anyone assist with this and give me some guidance?
If it is a Class C, I have found that it is a lot quicker to use a dark colored bed sheet with the edge slipped under the mattress of the cab over bed and left to hang down like a curtain. Also, there are windshield covers available that fit over the outside of the windshield and side cab windows, but that would be susceptible to people peeking under a lifted corner. Either of those suggestions, I believe, are faster for the set up and easier than scooting around in the cab. I am seriously considering mounting a curtain rod and curtain along the wall between the cab and the house.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:04 PM   #77

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Indiana
THOR #10823
The curtain on our RS26 seemed too long until I got it to follow the windows and windshield better. You can get more of the round metal backed Velcro buttons (I got mine from Thor but I live in Indiana) I added 6 more using small screws to attach them to the plastic Ford trim in the cab area, feel under it for wires FIRST. Works great and our cat can still sneak under the curtain and lay on the dash!
Old 05-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #78

Model: Quantum RW28
State: Florida
THOR #15031
we recently purchased a 2019 Quantum rm28 because my wife and I loved the floorplan. We found a number of small things that we thought needed fixing but agreed that we should take her out on a shakedown run first before taking her back to the dealer. With a list of over 10 things we found wrong, we took it back last weekend to be fixed. after 11 hours they fixed only 3 items on the list and broke something new. One of the things not working was the hdmi cable from the dvd player. In my unit there is only one hdmi cable but 2 tvs. Go figure that. The quality check from the factory seems to be non-existent.
With all the headaches we love our RV and will take it to the beach on may 31 for our second outing.

Jeff & Zita
Old 05-17-2019, 06:35 PM   #79

THOR #15343
BRAND new owner picking up our WS31 tomorrow.

We have been renting for about two years ironing out everything the rentals didn't have. We finally made the purchase and take delivery tomorrow morning. Our first trip is Memorial day weekend.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:42 PM   #80

Model: Quantum RW28
THOR #15031
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorsok View Post
We have been renting for about two years ironing out everything the rentals didn't have. We finally made the purchase and take delivery tomorrow morning. Our first trip is Memorial day weekend.
Congrats!! We will be out on Memorial day weekend also. Going to a RV park on the ocean in Ormand Beach.

Where did you purchase from?

Jeff & Zita

Tags
class c motorhomes, quantum, quantum owners