Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2018, 11:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RC25
State: Maryland
THOR #9251
Quantum Owners

Hi all.
Since the Quantum line of class C Thor Motorhomes is pretty new...
give a shout if you own a Quantum so we can share tips and get to know each other.
Thanks a bunch and happy Coddiwompling

Old 01-23-2018, 05:18 AM   #2

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
We are out in our 2016 WS31 right now. Enjoying the Washington coast WITHOUT all the tourists!
Old 01-23-2018, 07:56 AM   #3

Model: Quantum PD 31
State: Virginia
THOR #7506
Picked up our 2018 PD31 on January 6, 2018, waiting on weather to warm up so I can dewinterize. Happy so far...only small minor issues so far, quality control missed a few things.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:49 AM   #4

State: Arizona
THOR #10296
We r Quantum RS26 owners. No problems so far. She looks lonely sitting out in the cold driveway. Next trip will be Easter week. Too far!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:12 AM   #5

Model: KM24
State: Colorado
THOR #10410
Has anyone been towing a wrangler with the KM24. I'm looking at a 2-door 2018 wrangler for a toad but, not sure if it can tow it (KM24) ????? Also, we will be Alaska bound in our KM24 this May, from Colorado. 1st time so, not up-to-speed with best route/road to take going north. We plan to return to the states through Seattle Washington where we will stop to visit friends. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
c&j

State: California
THOR #9818
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyscookies View Post
Hi all.
give a shout if you own a Quantum so we can share tips and get to know each other.
CJ here we also own a Quantum, 2017, under wraps until nice weather, but looking forward to getting out. Thanks for starting this sight for all of us!
Old 02-02-2018, 10:38 PM   #7

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutzy10 View Post
We r Quantum RS26 owners. No problems so far. She looks lonely sitting out in the cold driveway. Next trip will be Easter week. Too far!

That’s a great floor plan. Hope you enjoy the heck out of it!
Old 02-03-2018, 01:39 AM   #8

State: Arizona
THOR #10296
Our back up camera is terrible at night. Lights glare and it’s useless. Researching a fix.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:47 AM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Our back up camera is terrible at night. Lights glare and it’s useless. Researching a fix.
I have a Garmin 760 and you can purchase a Garmin cable and plug your backup camera directly into the Garmin. Much better picture, with less glare and it has red and yellow sight lines which make it easier to see where you are. It also puts the screen closer and at eye level and orients it to the driver. If you buy a splitter cable, you can get the picture on both the radio and Garmin at the same time. Quick and easy fix that greatly improves the backup camera.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:48 PM   #10

Model: Quantum 31WS
State: North Carolina
THOR #9452
We have one of the first ones, and with the cabinets in the front cap. All the issues have been minor. We have a trip to the service center set for last week in February for those that are left, plus a little more training on a few maintenance issues. We are going to be out next weekend and then headed for Indiana two weeks later. .
Old 02-06-2018, 01:36 AM   #11

State: Missouri
THOR #10032
We have a PD31. Scheduled to go to the service center Feb 26th to have them to hopefully fix the slide. Love the layout, had it out 2 nights before something really bad happened to the slide. Haven't had it out since .
Old 02-09-2018, 01:56 AM   #12

THOR #7205
Quote:
Ours also. Please post if you find a fix. I do have a 9" monitor I will be installing here shortly. I hate how low & small the original is! I am hoping the monitor helps with the glare/white out issue.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:03 AM   #13

THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
We have one of the first ones, and with the cabinets in the front cap. All the issues have been minor. We have a trip to the service center set for last week in February for those that are left, plus a little more training on a few maintenance issues. We are going to be out next weekend and then headed for Indiana two weeks later. .
We really like the overhead entertainment system. Our old 1998 Chateau had it also, but it had a narrow pull out bed up there too.
Do you have water coming in under the slide while driving? We do and need to get after a fix.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:08 AM   #14

THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonjack View Post
We have a PD31. Scheduled to go to the service center Feb 26th to have them to hopefully fix the slide. Love the layout, had it out 2 nights before something really bad happened to the slide. Haven't had it out since .
Did it seem out of sync? You do know you need to hold the button until you hear it turn off right. When extending & retracting hold the button until you hear it turn itself off. That sync's the motors.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:23 AM   #15

State: Missouri
THOR #10032
I went to put the slide out. I had my back towards the slide while holding the button. Next thing I heard a loud crack. I turned around and the cabinets were bowed out at least 6 inches. Pulled it back in and tried again, this time I heard a loud pop from underneath the slide. Then it died. Had to do the manual over ride to get it back in. I'm way past the sync problem
Old 02-09-2018, 12:29 PM   #16

THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonjack View Post
I went to put the slide out. I had my back towards the slide while holding the button. Next thing I heard a loud crack. I turned around and the cabinets were bowed out at least 6 inches. Pulled it back in and tried again, this time I heard a loud pop from underneath the slide. Then it died. Had to do the manual over ride to get it back in. I'm way past the sync problem
Gotcha... Wow! That's too bad! :/
Old 02-10-2018, 10:32 PM   #17

State: Alabama
THOR #9516
I have a 2018 LF31 bunkhouse. Been out a few times. No major problems except had a propane leak that made for some cold showers on my way to and from California.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:41 PM   #18

State: Michigan
THOR #7646
Quantum Family

Hi All
I had picked up my Quantum RS26 May-2017 and loved it , the interior quality was fantastic , made many good memories in it with my boys, had no major issues or concerns just initial settling in issues and Thor was very responsive in getting everything ironed out

but ended up trading it this month for a Quantum LF31 (Yeah!!!!) - the boys and their Dad ;-) could not resist the bunk bed design layout and now I don't have to but my bedroom slide out in order to use it

very excited about the new ride, but missing my old one , loved the Chevy 3500 ride and low noise PT in my RS26, the LF31 ford E-450 is more loud and harsh transmission comparatively , but may be it will get smooth after few miles on it

have fun all and stay safe

-Best of Regards
Senthil K
Old 02-20-2018, 07:06 PM   #19

State: Alabama
THOR #9516
Congrats on the new one, Senthil. I hope the good memories keep coming. I've had no major problems (except the propane leak mentioned previously) with my LF31 and its been 6 months. From what I've seen on here, I've been fortunate.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:48 AM   #20

State: California
THOR #6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyscookies View Post
Hi all.
Have a PD 31 since 9/18. Only issue has been the Bedroom slide door tracking system. Entire panel is being replaced as lower bracket has compltely came out of the panel. Entire Panel is being replace and a safety strap holding door in place is now being installed to hold door in place while driving.

Tags
class c motorhomes, quantum, quantum owners