Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2015, 12:06 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Maryland
THOR #3100
RV Shows and pricing

Has anyone found that there are good deals to be found at the RV shows? Better than at a dealership? Or maybe at a particular time of year?

Old 11-10-2015, 12:24 AM   #2

Model: Axis
State: Michigan
THOR #2614
Hello Lsowards, here in Michigan we have about 6-8 shows each year around the state. My experience is that most of the dealers offer show specials on vehicles at the show. But I believe you can usually expect a 25 to 30% discount over msrp at the show or the dealership.
Philco44
2015 Thor Axis
Old 11-10-2015, 12:30 AM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Here is what I have found over the years.

RV shows - Manufacturers will often have discounts, on top of dealer discounts, for particular models within their line. On my current coach, I received a Thor discount of 5K because the coach had just returned from a show and Thor was willing to extend the show discount for three days.

Time of year - November through February especially in cold climates. Dealers are more willing to negotiate because sales volume is low. Sales people are also willing to receive a lower commission because they need a paycheck. Also, around the March timeframe dealers are wanting to clear the previous model year off their lots so good pricing may be had.

Again, that is my personal experience.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:49 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
The real key to getting a good deal is being informed, show or no. It is easier than ever to compare units and prices. (More complicated when a trade in is involved.) A smart shopper will call competing dealers to compare the show price to what dealers will do. Beware the delivery and fees, as recently discussed on this forum. Get an out the door price.

Purchasing a big item in December or January that will just sit until June will cost big time in interest and depreciation. I've seen folks do that. That said, you might not want to pick up a new coach and take off on a 5,000 mile trip. (We did that with our Vegas, and it worked out OK!)

Sorry Dave, from my personal experience, I'm not a fan of end of model year deals. You forgo the improvements, and suffer lower value when you go to trade or sell. I did that with my last coach, it seemed good at the time, but looking back it wasn't my best deal.

Happy hunting!