Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: windsport 27k
State: Florida
THOR #1140
Hi I just purchased My new Axis 25.1 $68,086 Plus Tax, Yesterday. There is an issue that is keeping me from driving it home. Beware of this problem . The axis came in on thursday fresh the factory. The problem is where the exhust comes out right behind the splash gaurd. When I looked at it .It was all melted and burnt beyont recognition. That was the 1100 mile drive to the general rv dealer. This is a comon problem. I read from other people the has had the same thing happen. It turns out that the other owners axis had his hole section on fire. Thor is suppose to have fix for this. I told the dealer I will not drive until is proply repaired. A special bracket to keep the splash gaurd from hitting the tail pipe.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #42
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Interesting, I haven't had any issues with our 24.1 about this. So far we have over 2500 miles on it.

You can see in the last picture I posted in this thread:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...-3-go-820.html
our exhaust is behind the mudflap but no signs of any melting.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:03 AM   #43
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Just got back from our local RV show. Sadly they only had the 24.1 on display. The Thor representative said that they didn't have the space on the show floor to show all the models and that the 24.2 was so new that there were only a few available anyway.

bummer...
Old 10-06-2014, 01:32 AM   #44

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
Are the TV's 110 AC? Do all TV's have DVD? If not, are they HDMI or USB? What about sound; is there adjustable music access in the rear? How much issue in adding an inverter?
Old 10-06-2014, 02:01 AM   #45
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
On our 24.1 the front TV only has 1 HDMI input wired to the kitchen cabinet right next to it. There is a 2nd HDMI input on the TV but you have to take it down to gain access to it.
Only the rear TV has a built in DVD player.
Neither TV has a USB input for showing images and/or video.
(We did not get the external TV)
Both TVs are 110V only but we have the genny for that.
The TVs are not wired up for sound at all--they only use their own speakers.
The Axis' front stereo does have speakers in the rear bedroom and you can adjust the fader to direct the sound front/rear. The front stereo shows the three cameras and has audio sources for AM, FM, aux input, a 30-pin iPhone connector and is Sirius ready (which means you can plug in a special Sirius tuner that you have to purchase extra).
Old 10-06-2014, 02:06 AM   #46

State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
On our 24.1 the front TV only has 1 HDMI input wired to the kitchen cabinet right next to it. There is a 2nd HDMI input on the TV but you have to take it down to gain access to it.
Only the rear TV has a built in DVD player.
Neither TV has a USB input for showing images and/or video.
(We did not get the external TV)
Both TVs are 110V only but we have the genny for that.
The TVs are not wired up for sound at all--they only use their own speakers.
The Axis' front stereo does have speakers in the rear bedroom and you can adjust the fader to direct the sound front/rear. The front stereo shows the three cameras and has audio sources for AM, FM, aux input, a 30-pin iPhone connector and is Sirius ready (which means you can plug in a special Sirius tuner that you have to purchase extra).
You would think for $70,000 they would have all this crap wired up and the TVs would work. You just take the hand held and move about the unit turning TVs on and off at will including outside. I wouldn't screw with all this at that price unless all that crap is fixed. Are you kidding? It's crazy, you pay that much money and you gotta hire another expert to install the frigging TV. No way.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:28 AM   #47
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Huh? The TV is installed, and pre-wired for a video game and/or DVD player (the HDMI wire in the kitchen cabinet). I think you are missing the point with these "RUV"s--at least to how they are marketed (and thus designed to).

These are not your luxury home on wheels kind of Motorhome. I think of them more as a step up from a conversion van. For that market the TV setup works just fine (indeed my son has no issue with playing Madden football on his Playstation for hours while we are en route somewhere).
Old 10-06-2014, 02:32 AM   #48

State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Huh? The TV is installed, and pre-wired for a video game and/or DVD player (the HDMI wire in the kitchen cabinet). I think you are missing the point with these "RUV"s--at least to how they are marketed (and thus designed to).

These are not your luxury home on wheels kind of Motorhome. I think of them more as a step up from a conversion van. For that market the TV setup works just fine (indeed my son has no issue with playing Madden football on his Playstation for hours while we are en route somewhere).
Maybe for you pal. But for my $70,000 i want that sonofabitch to have working TV all throughout the coach. Can't cost em more than a couple hours of labor to run the necessary cables. You walk in, turn on the TV and you're watching CNBC anytime of day. Done! You don't have to pay $300,000 for a working TV in my world. Duh.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:47 AM   #49
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Ah yes I didn't mention that: yes both TVs are wired for cable and there is an external coax jack if the campground you are at has a cable hookup. In addition the unit has the standard crank up antenna if you can't hook up to cable.
Forgot to mention that because it's the standard hookup you see on every camper everywhere.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #50
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
To further clarify, aa9zz's original question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz
Are the TV's 110 AC? Do all TV's have DVD? If not, are they HDMI or USB? What about sound; is there adjustable music access in the rear? How much issue in adding an inverter?
Did not reference the cable hookup, and I had misunderstood your response to be about "high end" features such as surround sound (since aa9zz did ask about the sound)(surround sound wouldn't be that big of a deal to add either, just a few more speakers and some wire though). For that I offer an apology.

The Axis' motorhomes do have 3 backup cameras, though, which is rather unprecedented on such a small unit (one in the rear and one each in the rear-view mirrors).

For reference the front stereo is a Jensen JRV212T:
https://www.jensenmarinedirect.com/d...ers_manual.pdf

and the TV's are Sansui:
Rear one:
Accu LED Series

Front one:
LED TV - 29"
Old 10-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #51

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
My Axis 24.1 came with an outside TV and all 3 TVs are wired as JamieGeek has mentioned for campground cable or over-the-air antenna with booster. I just recently purchased a satellite system (Dish Tailgater bundle) that I have wired up with thanks to someone's previous post here with directions on how to do so. I'm using the HDMI wiring for the main TV while connecting the bedroom TV and outside TV through the splitter behind the booster cover plate. All seems to work fine and only took about 30 minutes to change the wiring at the splitter and about $30. @ Radio Shack for a RF modulator. With this setup, if I want to watch better HD quality TV I can do so on the main TV while inside or watch SD while outside. Not a whole lot of difference anyway. My wife says she can't tell any difference.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #52

THOR #1140
Dvd player in my 25.1

I noticed that the 32" Tv in the back bed room has a dvd player connected to it on a shelf underneaf the tv. It is not blue ray. Can I get a blue ray to replace it. The dvd player has rca cables. No hdmi port. Can I just plug into hdmi port to the tv with a hdmi cable to a new blueray player. Thanks
Old 10-06-2014, 08:02 PM   #53

THOR #1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce bus View Post
I noticed that the 32" Tv in the back bed room has a dvd player connected to it on a shelf underneaf the tv. It is not blue ray. Can I get a blue ray to replace it. The dvd player has rca cables. No hdmi port. Can I just plug into hdmi port to the tv with a hdmi cable to a new blueray player. Thanks
Yes, that will work fine.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #54

THOR #1140
hdmi

thanks for your help. Still waiting for the dealer to get the parts to fix the burnt up splash guard. I purchased it sept 29th and have not taken it home yet.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #55

THOR #1123
Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. Know you must be anxious to get it home. maybe they'll get it fixed up for you soon. I checked the splash guard on mine after I saw your post earlier. The guard seems to be really stiff and don't see how it could get against the exhaust pipe on mine.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #56

THOR #1140
splash guard

The problem is it had no brackets to keep it from swinging back and forth. Its like a flag swinging in the wind. I just found out the the parts will be in tommorrow morning. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #57
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Here is another "issue" I've found with our Axis (which is now sitting quietly waiting for spring ). I had popped the "hood" to check some stuff on the engine and noticed a missing bolt on the angle iron holding the "hood" hinges:

(Circled at right, corresponding bolt at left is present)
Upon further inspection I noticed that the bolt was there, just the head had broken off (I'm guessing they just over torqued it at the plant and it broke off some time later). A quick trip to the home improvement store for some stainless bolts & nuts (Thor had used the self-tapping bolts here) and its fixed:
Old 10-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #58

THOR #1123
Another quality issue to chalk up. I'm going to check mine today. Thanks for the heads up. Makes one wonder if there are more over torqued bolts/nuts elsewhere. Does your "hood" fit up nicely at the top? Mine has about a 1/4 to 1/2 gap opening all the way across it. tightening the fasteners on both sides doesn't correct it. I'm wondering if the hood is bowed.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #59
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
I haven't really looked at it that closely to see.
Looking at photographs I seem to have consistent clearance around it. Ours is a little loose in that the two keyed clamps don't hold it that tightly against the coach but that's about it.
Below was taken at the dealer when we bought it last Feb:
Old 10-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #60

THOR #1123
Yours appears to fit up nicely all the way around. I noticed mine was as previously mentioned on our walk through at the dealership and put it on the punch list. At different times, 2 different mechanics attempted to adjust it and I thought it was fixed before we left. First time I stopped on the way home I noticed the gap had returned but too far away to take it back. It's just a cosmetic thing but shouldn't be there. It's not uniform on each side next to the coach and extends across the top just under the wiper arms. Thanks for your info.