Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2015, 01:26 AM   #121

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
It wasn't just an impression you gave. You said "issues using the life savings..." Thus my comments.
50% down will help ease the pain of the 20 year note on your RV. It's not unusual for newbie RV buyers to get upside down fast.
Plenty of folks have sold their sticks and bricks to live in their RV. We lived in our 5th wheel for a year. Axis/Vegas may be tight on living and storage space for full timing, but then lots of folks live in their cars! Hope you find what you are looking for.
Best of luck, and enjoy the journey!

Old 08-08-2015, 01:59 AM   #122

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
It wasn't just an impression you gave. You said "issues using the life savings..." Thus my comments.
50% down will help ease the pain of the 20 year note on your RV. It's not unusual for newbie RV buyers to get upside down fast.
Plenty of folks have sold their sticks and bricks to live in their RV. We lived in our 5th wheel for a year. Axis/Vegas may be tight on living and storage space for full timing, but then lots of folks live in their cars! Hope you find what you are looking for.
Easy stud; there is no pain on a 20 year note on an RV. That 20 year loan will be paid off in a year or less. I could care less what the thing is worth after i pay for it. If you worry about being upside down, you don't have enough money to own one i reckon. It will go down in value just like all toys do. Can't figure out why anyone would have a problem with that as long as they know in advance that's happening. RVs are not an investment as i'm sure you're aware being astute as you are. If you want something that pays, invest in stocks as most intelligent people do. That's why I have the net worth i do.

The issues comment came from the frustration with the RV industry in general. It's an antique. Someone's going to come in and do it right and take over for these idiots that currently are involved in sales and marketing. What a disaster.

I'm already enjoying the journey and i haven't even bought an RV yet. Just think of the possibilities.
Old 08-08-2015, 03:27 AM   #123

State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Your have a very derogatory tone in your voice. Not something i appreciate
Old 02-11-2016, 01:33 AM   #124

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #3609
Newbie Axis 24.1

About to pull the trigger on used 2015 Axis 25.1 12,000 miles with a lot of extras .. In motion sat, safe t bar steering stabilizer, heavy duty sway bar and trax bar, black tank flush, Oxygenucs shower head, among others. My question is are all those extras needed? Or am I am paying for things I don't need??
Thanks in advance!
Old 02-11-2016, 02:10 AM   #125

Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
About to pull the trigger on used 2015 Axis 25.1 12,000 miles with a lot of extras .. In motion sat, safe t bar steering stabilizer, heavy duty sway bar and trax bar, black tank flush, Oxygenucs shower head, among others. My question is are all those extras needed? Or am I am paying for things I don't need??
Thanks in advance!
I have found that you seldom get your money back for the things you "add on" to your RV or boat nor do the the prices paid for used RV's with lots of add ons seem to be much higher than those that do not. Sellers and dealers would like you to think that the price should be higher, but unless the supply is really limited, they often or not. My point is, when I make an offer on an RV (new or old) I start with the lowest price I can find for that unit and go from there. I tell the seller that I could care less about the "add ons" and that I can buy a similar unit at X price and why should I pay more for his. I have put over 26,000 miles on two Axis/Vegas 24.1's with none of the add ons you list (except the shower head - about $30) and I did not miss any of them. Nice to have? Maybe... Make the coach worth a lot more ... probably not unless you really have to have any of them and you are planning to put them in after you buy it.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:58 AM   #126

THOR #3609
Roger that, thanks for the input...
Old 02-11-2016, 11:39 AM   #127
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
In my years of dealing in this racket the two new coach options I found consistently make a difference in sale price and trade in value are Full Body Paint and Hydraulic Leveling Jacks.

To see what used units are selling for go to RV Trader or the NADA RV guide.

RVTrader.com: RV Sales - Class A, B, C Motorhomes, Travel Trailers, & Pop Up Camper RVs For Sale

RV Prices, Values & Reviews - NADAguides

The NADA guide will allow you to add options and get a general value for those items.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:39 AM   #128
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Teeitup26 we bought our Axis 24.1 in January. Have yet to get it on the road as we are in coooold Kansas. Like you in Colorado, it will be nice to getaway soon !
Checkout RV Trader .. I noticed today that CampingWorld somewhere in CO has both the Axis models to view.
We have had 2 motorhomes and one ToyHauler (the latest) .. thought we wanted the trailer instead of towing the motorcycle in a trailer. After one season, we became disenchanted with the trailer and are now back to the motorhome.
We chose the 24.1 as the bed in back can be either TWIN beds or KING BED. There is a tv in the bedroom and a charging station...as well as lots of storage.
Like several other people on this forum, we prefer to stay in private rv parks...if you choose to use their shower facilities, we always carry a shower mat with us just in case there is not one available (i cut one in half so we each have a small one)...
The bathroom and shower in the 24.1 is ample but not oversized. We have had both and decided this will serve us well.
The small table between the front seats will serve us well...and we like to take a couple tv trays with us, instead of using the large table. The tv antenna on the new units is much better than the older units...come of age. Refrigerator, gas range, refrigerator and convection/microwave are, pretty much, average throughout these rv's.
When you are camping, you will want to extend your awning ... we generally are outside, unless the weather is lousy...the 24.1 has a lighted awning and an outdoor tv.
Since you are an outdoors person you will enjoy camping...we have stayed at Glenwood Springs...a beautiful area !
You will find yourself spending little time inside when the weather is good !

Welcome to camping !
Old 02-18-2016, 04:35 AM   #129

THOR #3609
Thx
Will be taking possession of MH end of this month! Very excited��
Old 03-01-2016, 07:02 PM   #130

Model: Axis
State: North Carolina
THOR #3400
2016 Axis 24.1

We recently received a welcome letter from Thor thanking us for the purchase & directing us to their website where we can enter our VIN # and get additional info on our new Axis.
When we did this it showed our new 24.1 was on a E450 chassis.
I emailed them saying all the literature & sales promotions stated E350????
They then informed me that they switched to a 450 in 2016....... I had no idea.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:16 PM   #131

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by shspector View Post
We recently received a welcome letter from Thor thanking us for the purchase & directing us to their website where we can enter our VIN # and get additional info on our new Axis.
You didn't read my post from a month ago and its has the new 6 speed transmission too. Also after a week long trip I hate the low waste valves so a macerator is now on the list for this year.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:02 PM   #132

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
You didn't read my post from a month ago and its has the new 6 speed transmission too. Also after a week long trip I hate the low waste valves so a macerator is now on the list for this year.
If you are talking about the black and grey waste valves, a macerator will not change that. You still use them. If you mean the hookup of the waste pipe every time, a macerator will solve that issue.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #133

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by shspector View Post
I'm glad they are answering someone. I have sent them two e-mails and have never received a reply. And I am not asking for anything difficult.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:07 PM   #134

THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
If you are talking about the black and grey waste valves, a macerator will not change that. You still use them. If you mean the hookup of the waste pipe every time, a macerator will solve that issue.
I plan on having the valves set up changed (pull to open not up) also with the installation of the macerator.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:20 PM   #135

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
I plan on having the valves set up changed (pull to open not up) also with the installation of the macerator.
Please put some pictures up when you do it. I would like to see your set up..
Old 03-02-2016, 04:07 PM   #136
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Keep us posted on the waste valve issue please...as we have not hit the road with our new 24.1 .
In addition...if you purchased a new Thor Axis..
the Thor Motor Coach window sticker, clearly states Product Chassis: E450 along with Product year and Chassis year...all pertinent product information is stated on that sticker.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:26 PM   #137

THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Please put some pictures up when you do it. I would like to see your set up..
no problem - it won't be until April. Recliners and Leveling Jacks are this month - yes I will include pictures of them too.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #138

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #1670
Living in Vegas/Axis

We have had our Vegas 24.1 since April 2014. We now have 12000 Miles on it. Usually our trips include my wife and I. My feeling is that I could live in it for extended periods of time, My wife would prefer a larger model such as an Ace with a King Size bed. The main complaint is the small shower. On future long trips I am going to get a dolly and tow our car so we can make side trips without packing up the RV. One key to livability is neatness, a place for everything and everything in its place.

Pro:
Fairly good MPH, 10.5 on the level, 9.5 on hilly roads.
Easy to drive, my wife usually drives.
Easy to setup, Once parked, I usually have it hooked up and extended in 5 minutes.
It is a little narrower than other RV's, I can fit it in my side yard.
Some Park campgrounds limit size to 25'

Con:
I am 6'3".
Shower is small.
Beds are a little short.
Driver and passenger seats are not very supportive.

Usually after an extended trip, I will have several small items to repair. I have had no serious issues. After our last trip-2 weeks with our 2 chihauhau's, I was laying in my bedroom on my king size bed and said to myself-Wow, this room is huge.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:49 PM   #139

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Keep us posted on the waste valve issue please...as we have not hit the road with our new 24.1 .
In addition...if you purchased a new Thor Axis..
the Thor Motor Coach window sticker, clearly states Product Chassis: E450 along with Product year and Chassis year...all pertinent product information is stated on that sticker.
Did you see the "2016 Axis Clean Dump Installation" under Modifications and updates? It has a good discussion of the waste dump system.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:11 PM   #140
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb
Keep us posted on the waste valve issue please.
Not sure it is an "issue" per se as more of one person's annoyance.

We've had our 24.1 since Feb 2014 and haven't had any issues with the waste valves. Yes its all pretty low, but works well. Keep in mind that the dump output rotates.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote