Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-23-2015, 05:01 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 2,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov
Jamie,

If you are looking for the ATS, it is a box with the letters TS enclosed. It appears under your passenger side rear bunk on the first diagram you attached..
I was looking for what the Intellitec switch is wired to. Its documentation states that its a load sharing switch; not a generator transfer switch.

Its location in the RV is in front of the water heater (4 (A,B) and 5 W/H on the TEE1287 diagram).

In addition, there are some slight differences between our unit and that diagram (The Thermostat is on the other side of our camper, and we don't have the USB Charge Port and Radio on the front of the passenger side bunk for instance).
__________________

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Well they sent me two diagrams regarding my inquiry (attached). TEE1287 is the same Axis/Vegas wiring diagrams as they have sent before, TEE1288 is interesting in that it shows all of the wiring harness in the camper.

I can't seem to find that load sharing switch on the diagrams though.

I think I've received all the possible diagrams I can from Thor on our unit.
Jamie, have you asked them for a schematic? I'm not sure if they will share it with you, assuming they have it for your unit, but it's probably a good way to determine how the switch is wired, and what it's suppose to do.
__________________

Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
dstankov's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Challenger 37ND
State: Virginia
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I was looking for what the Intellitec switch is wired to. Its documentation states that its a load sharing switch; not a generator transfer switch.

Its location in the RV is in front of the water heater (4 (A,B) and 5 W/H on the TEE1287 diagram).

In addition, there are some slight differences between our unit and that diagram (The Thermostat is on the other side of our camper, and we don't have the USB Charge Port and Radio on the front of the passenger side bunk for instance).
Actually the 4 (A B) and 5 refer to circuit breakers, fuses or wiring. For example if you look in the USA box on the right you will see where 4 (A B ) is 14 gauge wire, 120VAC and a 15 amp circuit for the water heater. The 5 means 14 gauge orange colored wire coming off the converter and going to a 15 amp fuse for powering an appliance.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
Chester, VA
2015 Thor Challenger 37ND
FMCA - F432054
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:37 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 2,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov
Actually the 4 (A B) and 5 refer to circuit breakers, fuses or wiring. For example if you look in the USA box on the right you will see where 4 (A B ) is 14 gauge wire, 120VAC and a 15 amp circuit for the water heater. The 5 means 14 gauge orange colored wire coming off the converter and going to a 15 amp fuse for powering an appliance.
Um, yes I know all that; I was only using those references to show where the Intelitec switch is installed at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
Jamie, have you asked them for a schematic? I'm not sure if they will share it with you, assuming they have it for your unit, but it's probably a good way to determine how the switch is wired, and what it's suppose to do.
Not a schematic specifically but this is the 3rd time I've inquired about wiring diagrams and such to which all have returned the TEE1287 diagram and nothing more.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:44 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
dstankov's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Challenger 37ND
State: Virginia
Posts: 2,682
I have specifically asked for schematics and I have received the same types of diagrams twice.

My guess would be that Thor does not have schematics for individual components and if they do more than likely the component manufacturers have prevented there release without permission.

Manufacturers tend to keep their technical info on components held closely to protect their proprietary info.

In fact if you look at the disclaimer on the Thor diagrams it states they can not be reproduced or copied without permission.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
Chester, VA
2015 Thor Challenger 37ND
FMCA - F432054
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:46 PM   #86
Senior Member
 
dstankov's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Challenger 37ND
State: Virginia
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Um, yes I know all that; I was only using those references to show where the Intelitec switch is installed at.


Not a schematic specifically but this is the 3rd time I've inquired about wiring diagrams and such to which all have returned the TEE1287 diagram and nothing more.
Jamie

Apologies, didn't realize you werre3 using those points as a reference.
__________________

__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
Chester, VA
2015 Thor Challenger 37ND
FMCA - F432054
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



ThorForums.com is not in any way associated with Thor Industries or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2