Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2017, 03:47 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #9459
Thor windsport

Hello everybody new member just wanted to introduce myself, also start off with a question I own a Thor Vegas had it a year had some warranty work done.camping world has had it for a month to rePlace a pressure relief valve on the hot water tank but that's beside the point when I have camped with it I liked it. but need a little more room was looking at a Thor windsport 29m has anybody had any experience or have any information about this.

Old 10-07-2017, 03:53 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Welcome Ohio !!
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:55 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Check out this thread

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4609
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:28 AM   #4
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhide67 View Post
Hello everybody new member just wanted to introduce myself, also start off with a question I own a Thor Vegas had it a year had some warranty work done.camping world has had it for a month to rePlace a pressure relief valve on the hot water tank but that's beside the point when I have camped with it I liked it. but need a little more room was looking at a Thor windsport 29m has anybody had any experience or have any information about this.
We went from a Vegas to a Windsport 31S and really enjoy the extra room. For us the Vegas was great for weekend trips but longer that a weekend or if you have a rainy day it got small especially with a couple of dogs. Glad we mad the move.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:35 AM   #5

State: Ohio
THOR #9459
That's awesome! How long have you had your windsport and have you had any issues.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:17 AM   #6

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
We've had our 29M about 1 1/2 years now and love it! Great floor plan with plenty of room and a king size bed, well almost a king size. We traded down from a Tuscany due to storage issues and have been very happy with our choice. Right at 7,000 miles and only a couple of minor issues.

Check out the link to the thread Jerry started, lots of great ideas for mods there!
Old 02-01-2020, 06:52 PM   #7

State: Alabama
THOR #15026
I have a Thor 2019 Hurricane 29M and want to add a front stabilizer as well as a back sway bar. Before I can order the stabilizer and kit I need to know the bolt size for the front and cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know whether the tire rod bolt size is a 1 5/8 or a 1 3/4? It's a Ford chassis. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2020, 10:57 PM   #8

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
I have a Thor 2019 Hurricane 29M and want to add a front stabilizer as well as a back sway bar. Before I can order the stabilizer and kit I need to know the bolt size for the front and cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know whether the tire rod bolt size is a 1 5/8 or a 1 3/4? It's a Ford chassis. Thanks!
Go to Jerry’s Hurricane Mods and post this there. Jerry reads the posts, has done these mods, and can give you all the correct information you need, what to buy and where.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:19 AM   #9

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Go to Jerry’s Hurricane Mods and post this there. Jerry reads the posts, has done these mods, and can give you all the correct information you need, what to buy and where.
Dave,
You give me way to much credit. I have ni idea on the bolt size. I will say when you order the Safe t Plus they ask the year and chassis weight. Based on the answer they tell you which bracket to get.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 02-02-2020, 12:24 AM   #10

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
From Safe T Plus Which Safe T Plus Unit Do I Need? | Safe T Plus

Kit: F105K2.5

If youre looking at the Roadmaster RSSA go to their site and search

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 02-02-2020, 02:54 PM   #11

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Dave,
You give me way to much credit. I have ni idea on the bolt size. I will say when you order the Safe t Plus they ask the year and chassis weight. Based on the answer they tell you which bracket to get.

Jerry
LOL!!! Figured you wouldn’t know the bolt size but knew you could point him in the right direction!!!
Old 12-15-2022, 01:11 AM   #12

Model: Windsport 34J
State: Texas
THOR #28667
Windsport 34J

We just bought the 2022 Windsport 34J. I absolutely love the space and overall experience in general. It definetly needs some upgrade though. Like suspension, steering stabilization, extra power, headlights, etc.,
Old 01-02-2023, 04:48 PM   #13

THOR #28752
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliThorWs View Post
We just bought the 2022 Windsport 34J. I absolutely love the space and overall experience in general. It definetly needs some upgrade though. Like suspension, steering stabilization, extra power, headlights, etc.,
Hey can I ask you about your 34J, are you towing a vehicle with it? If yes what are you towing and how does it tow in your opinion? Your 2022 should be the Ford F53 - V-8 and I have read great things about it. How's your MPG? Towing and non Towing? Thanks
Old 01-02-2023, 06:56 PM   #14

Model: Windsport 34J
State: Texas
THOR #28667
towing with windsport

I used the double axle dolly from uhaul to tow my jeep wrangler and did see that it struggled a bit on some steep roads and hills. With towing my mpg went down to 7 or 8.5 but without towing I saw a drastic change in performance and control. My mpg went up like 15 or 16, i felt more in control, etc., I wouldn't recommend towing on regular basis unless necessary.
Old 01-02-2023, 07:03 PM   #15
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
I used the double axle dolly from uhaul to tow my jeep wrangler and did see that it struggled a bit on some steep roads and hills. With towing my mpg went down to 7 or 8.5 but without towing I saw a drastic change in performance and control. My mpg went up like 15 or 16, i felt more in control, etc., I wouldn't recommend towing on regular basis unless necessary.
Double axle dolly? Never seen such a thing. Do you mean double axle trailer?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 07:17 PM   #16

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
You should be able to flat tow without a trailer. You basically added about 1500# additional weight by using a trailer. Yes, towing will slow you down on steep hills, if it is a problem, you can unhook and have your partner drive the toad. I found that doing so helps a little but not that much. the coach was still slow going uphill. The biggest problem with going up is that the road is usually not a strait shot. Those 15mph hairpin turns make it impossible to maintain speed regardless of whether you are towing or not.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote