Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
THOR #1337
Tuscany XTE 40GQ

Hi there.

My name is Pete, American RV dealer in Sweden.

Just imported and sold a new 2014 Tuscany XTE 40GQ which I delivered to the customer today Nov 26th. Sorry to say but there are quality issues. Ducting from rear furnace to the bathroom goes thrue the slide and gets jammed and almost cut in half by the bed framing due to lack of physical space. Very bad construction. No air comes out of the outlet in the bathroom. Tiles around slideouts very badly cut leaving big gaps that just shouldnt be there if the cut was made correctly. And customer called in 30 min after delivery complaing about low pitch wind noise somethere around the windshield, hard to here exactly from where while driving alone obviousely but I was told it comes and goes. Outside weather calm, no wind. Noice comes and goes but only at above some 50 mph. Just unbearable rumbling low pich sound. Anyone that has an idea what to do about it??

Also, day before delivery, patio lights became very weak, and the day thereafter nothing, just dark patio lights. Batteries fully charged, no fuses blown in the compartmen underneat the driver side.

Hope to hear back from someone having experience on the subject.

Love the coach and the style but there seems to be a lot of issues.

Thanks.

Brgds

Pete in Sweden

Old 11-27-2014, 01:06 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #943
Pete,
I am so sorry you are selling American made Thor Rv's in Sweden. Thor has one of the worse Q/C and they send units out with poor construction. We love our coach and the layout very much, but that's about all we love. I think they send them out fast expecting the company selling them to do the warranty work. This way they can get more off the line and out the factory door. It is really sad. I feel your pain.
We had a lot of the same problems you are speaking about along with 35 other issues.
As for the wind sound above 50 mph we had same problem. Thor said they sprayed foam seal inside cap area. Possibly you know the area they are talking about. Not sure if it corrected it since we don't have our coach back yet.
I hope these are the only problems they come up with but don't be surprised if the have trouble and complain about the big slide. The system is very poorly designed. Ours is at the factory being fixed so we will see what they come up with.
Sorry to hear you are having issues and really hope you don't find any more.
Thor was a very well constructed coach until sales went back up, then they were pushing them out the door to make up for lost sales during the lack of sales all rv companies had. Example being, when we ordered our coach it took them four months to get it off the line and to us. We didn't mind waiting the time because we wanted them to take their time and make a good coach.
Good Luck!

Tags
thor tuscany xte 40 gq