Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > Cruiser RV
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2017, 06:54 PM   #1

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Radiance 25RL
State: Minnesota
THOR #7511
Radiance 25RL

Hello, we just purchased a new 2018 Radiance 25RL and took it out for the first time a couple of weekends ago. Everything worked great, just have to get used to all of the new stuff and the electronic everything! We upgraded from a 2003 Jayco Expandable and we can't rave more about how easy the set up is now. The biggest issue we have is our 11yo Rottweiler/Lab mix is a bit hesitant to get up the triple steps. We put carpet on them and some felt to cover up the see through part of the steps. Took him a few times, but is still a bit leery. We will be trying a ramp for the bedroom door next time out.

Wondering if anyone else has this model trailer?
Thanks!
Greg & Cindy

Old 08-23-2017, 12:53 AM   #2

State: Arkansas
THOR #8901
Don't have your model but we are looking at a 25rk to buy. Really like the looks of the king bed and the spacious bathroom.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #6108
Thumbs up Happy So Far

I have a 26vsb and so far so good....Little things that I fixed or figured out myself.... But nothing major...Love the queen bed that i can walk around, and the good sized bath and shower... The only thing I have not been able to figure out is the spry port in the rear.... I cannot get water to flow through it... I have looked for a shut off valve everywhere I could think of, but I cannot for the love of me find a way to get the port to spray water.... Anyone have a fix or an idea please let me know.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:35 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #8984
Congrats, they do make a nice looking TT.
We have a 2016 Radiance 28bhik. Beware, our ceiling starting to peel back in several locations and was repaired under warranty. Now six months later it is doing it again but since we are 29 days out of warranty they will not do anything about it. Same issue with the new panels. My dealer also called and received the same response. As we like our TT, we now have something just over a year old that is peeling apart. Our one slide along the bottom is bubbling up also.
They said I can call there vendor. All I can say is wow, what do you do with a company that will not stand behind their product. If anything else failed like electronics I would just replace them, but the walls and ceiling are a different story. I couldn't sell this to anyone and sleep at night. We are currently looking to replace this unit before its too late.

They also have a know issue of the front fiberglass fading out very fast. Keep an eye on it.
Also the walls are very thin compared to many of the other TT's out there. Things we learned after our purchase.

Happy Camping
Old 10-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #5

State: Georgia
THOR #6108
26 VSB Gone

Thanks for the reply, but I cannot complain about the VSB... It was a good travel trailer to me... 2000 miles in July 700-800 prior to that and a recent trip of over 600 miles...
We decided to trade it in for a floor plan that was more adaptive to our type of camping... We traded and purchased a Coachmen 281 rlds... Same size with a different floorplan...

Thanks for the response...
Old 10-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #6

THOR #8984
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysidive View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I cannot complain about the VSB... It was a good travel trailer to me... 2000 miles in July 700-800 prior to that and a recent trip of over 600 miles...
We decided to trade it in for a floor plan that was more adaptive to our type of camping... We traded and purchased a Coachmen 281 rlds... Same size with a different floorplan...

Thanks for the response...

We have about 5000+ miles on ours now. We like the camper, just wish the company stood behind their product. People need to know.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:30 PM   #7

Model: 2750BH
State: New Hampshire
THOR #17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carvers View Post
Congrats, they do make a nice looking TT.
We have a 2016 Radiance 28bhik. Beware, our ceiling starting to peel back in several locations and was repaired under warranty. Now six months later it is doing it again but since we are 29 days out of warranty they will not do anything about it. Same issue with the new panels. My dealer also called and received the same response. As we like our TT, we now have something just over a year old that is peeling apart. Our one slide along the bottom is bubbling up also.
They said I can call there vendor. All I can say is wow, what do you do with a company that will not stand behind their product. If anything else failed like electronics I would just replace them, but the walls and ceiling are a different story. I couldn't sell this to anyone and sleep at night. We are currently looking to replace this unit before its too late.

They also have a know issue of the front fiberglass fading out very fast. Keep an eye on it.
Also the walls are very thin compared to many of the other TT's out there. Things we learned after our purchase.

Happy Camping
what do you mean ceiling is pealing back?
Old 12-30-2019, 04:22 PM   #8

THOR #8984
The trailer was not designed properly and flexed going down the road which caused the seams (edge of the 4'x8' ceiling panels) to ripple back along the trim piece covering the edges. It would ripple back several inches. The worst part about was the manufacture didn't want to hear it. They said to contact the company who made the panels. I was less then 30 days out of warranty on something that was fixed once. A bad design and customer service. On top of it all the led lights all started burning out. Had a bad converter also.

I had trade this in as I could not sell outright in a private sale. Could not do that so someone. In another year it would be worth nothing and looking like crap.

I switched to a Grand Design and have been very impressed with the trailer and customer service is great.

Good luck
Old 12-30-2019, 05:42 PM   #9

Model: 2750BH
State: New Hampshire
THOR #17687
Thats interesting, did a quick google and I guess it happens to a lot of different manufactures. I don't understand of the life of me why these manufactures don't install better equalizers / shocks from the factory. It would really help dampen the trailers getting the tar beat out of them.