Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > Cruiser RV
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2018, 03:20 AM   #1

Brand: Cruiser
State: Oklahoma
THOR #13592
dvd player in Radiance

New user here with a near cruiser RV

I Just bought a 2018 radiance trailer. Messing around yesterday It played a dvd the player was playing in 460 not 720 or 1080 not hi def. looked at the connections no hdmi no convince the dealer for a better stereo/dvd player.
any ideas Thanks in advance

Old 10-30-2018, 08:16 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
State: California
THOR #12270
DVDs are not hi def by nature. blue-rays are. if it's a blue-ray player it can play dvds but not vice-versa.

i would not go to the dealer for a unit. since streaming came out, blue-rays players are getting cheap.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:57 PM   #3

State: Oklahoma
THOR #13592
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I have notice that blue rays are a lot cheaper. I am a little upset that you pay all that money and they can't put in a decent dvd or blu ray. If I go the aftermarket way I lose the ability of having the sound going through the trailers speakers. I know I can buy a soundbar and that probably will sound better. I just think they could had done much better for not much more. The could have at lest made it Hdmi or composite, but nooo! just on rca cable going to one video connection with the picture and sound quality of an old VCR.
Just saying.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:07 PM   #4

Model: 2750BH
State: New Hampshire
THOR #17687
They cheap out on all models everywhere when it comes to options. With the standard AVI connection your only going to get 480. The radios are standard 12 volt car units you can literally install anything you want in its place. Only real RV option on the RV units are selecting outside and inside speakers outputs/zones.

I'm personally waiting on the Alexa enabled units from BOSS to be released and replace my furrion. (the factory wiring is a disaster)
Old 12-30-2019, 03:16 PM   #5

Brand: Crossroads
State: Ohio
THOR #424
When I added a Blue Ray player I did not lose the audio through the sound system. The TV has an audio output to the receiver so the sound can still go through it. Hopefully yours is the same.