Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2022, 09:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
New C

Anyone see any official specs on the new super C the deception? Saw mention on a Renegade forum and some for sale at Lazy days and couple other places. Nothing on thor site. Looks like the S2RV chassis and a bulbous oversized cap[ like some Winnebago Views. $325+K. Valencias run $275+. 38MX at 40'.

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:25 AM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Anyone see any official specs on the new super C the deception? Saw mention on a Renegade forum and some for sale at Lazy days and couple other places. Nothing on thor site. Looks like the S2RV chassis and a bulbous oversized cap[ like some Winnebago Views. $325+K. Valencias run $275+. 38MX at 40'.
With the front cab over problems/separations on some Thor super C's, isn't a name like "Deception" a little umm... ominous??
Old 01-21-2022, 02:37 AM   #3

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
With the front cab over problems/separations on some Thor super C's, isn't a name like "Deception" a little umm... ominous??
I don't know, I think it's "appropriate". Did you look at the listing at Lazydays in Mesa AZ? Bulbous is how I describe it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D4688B16-298D-46BA-B99A-C8FC6903D463.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	35710  
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 01-21-2022, 02:39 AM   #4

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
I may have misspelled it a bit.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 01-21-2022, 04:13 AM   #5

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
I may have misspelled it a bit.
I see... it's "Inception". The name is on the side.

Oh well, just pass it off as an innocent "Archie Bunkerism"...

If it was really spotless? You could call it the...
"Immaculate Inception".

Sorry, just can't help myself!
Old 01-21-2022, 04:25 AM   #6

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
That over-cab looks like it was designed by Chuck Jones.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 07:22 PM   #7

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Too funny

Okay I own a 2022 Magnitude RB34 so that hurts, but too funny 😂.
Old 02-05-2022, 09:35 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I like the over-cab bunk area curves. It looks aerodynamic, and provides extra sleeping headroom without adding as much to motorhome overall height. Function can add its own beauty.

Shape looks Euro in design, though other American Class Cs have similar shapes, including some Thors. Original 19G comes to mind, though that one had compound curves.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:28 AM   #9

THOR #25855
I unit pictured above is sold. I know because I’m the one who bought it this week. LOL!! This is RV number three in 12 months so you could say I have some commitment issues. I’m looking forward to putting some miles on it this next year. I’m fully expecting it to have issues, but that’s part of the RV life.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:56 PM   #10
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I hate to say this but looking at one on line it looks like a cheapened version of the Jayco Seneca or Entegra Accolade. The even went with Schwintek slide for the larger slide. Jayco only uses Schwintek for the smaller bedroom slide.

I wonder if they’re being built in Middlebury rather than Wakarusa.
Old 02-14-2022, 01:23 PM   #11

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad4life View Post
I unit pictured above is sold. I know because I’m the one who bought it this week. LOL!! This is RV number three in 12 months so you could say I have some commitment issues. I’m looking forward to putting some miles on it this next year. I’m fully expecting it to have issues, but that’s part of the RV life.
I know this is personal for many people but would you care to share what the $$$ was? Discounts amounts of old, couple years ago, are rare to non existent so curious how enthusiastic they were to have this on the road vs sitting on a lot.

Oh and stick around and share how it goes to compare the quality issues that other thor owner's have had.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 02-14-2022, 11:36 PM   #12

THOR #25855
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I hate to say this but looking at one on line it looks like a cheapened version of the Jayco Seneca or Entegra Accolade. The even went with Schwintek slide for the larger slide. Jayco only uses Schwintek for the smaller bedroom slide.

I wonder if they’re being built in Middlebury rather than Wakarusa.
For me it was a give and take. I’m full time in a 40’ Tiffin Phaeton right now and while I LOVE the build quality of the Tiffin, there are quite a few things that I don’t like as well. Each person out there has to weigh the good and bad and figure out what’s best for them.

For me, I took into account things such as safety, driver comfort, modern technology, warranties, aesthetics, and overall build quality.

Safety…. Nobody here can ever deny that a Super C is far more safe to be in if you ever find yourself in a major accident. Especially a head-on crash. That’s huge for me seeing that I’m full time and I’m about to spend the next two years traveling quite a bit.

Driver comfort…. This one is a personal choice, for me, however, I absolutely LOVE the way the Inception drives and handles. I’ve always loved the Freightliner chassis and this one handles like a dream. When you talk about build quality of the Inception and it feeling cheaper, I’ll tell you right now that I was highly impressed at how quiet it was. I was expecting to hear things rattle and I didn’t.

Modern tech…. My Tiffin is 7 years old. It’s a great coach but it’s old with 2015 technology. Touch pads and Bluetooth are nice features to have.

*on a side note regarding the large slide being electric. Yes, that caught my attention as well and I didn’t really like that when I first saw it. I will say that after I leveled up and used the slide a few times, I like it. It’s less crap to go wrong. Hydraulics fail too and when they do, they leave a huge mess. Electric slides are fairly easy to override and handle. Motors are pretty easy to replace. I’d rather deal with a small electric motor on the road than a hydraulic pump/hoses.

Warranties…. While it’s nice to buy used knowing the previous owner had to deal with the initial shakedown run items, I still like having that warranty. It’s a small thing for sure but I still like it.

Aesthetics…. Again, a totally personal choice, but I think Super C RVs are the sexiest things on the road. Nuff said there.

Overall build quality…. Ok. So here’s what it came down to for me. My decision to trade in a Tiffin Phaeton for an Inception came down to this very thing and it’s a complete give and take. There’s no denying that the build quality of the Tiffin is far superior. But I’m giving up a few things that I really like in order to have that build quality. Let’s be clear. The inception is a brand new beast to the market so bashing it before it even has a chance to prove itself is a bit unfair. It’s definitely not a 1980’s Winnebago. I bought a brand new 2021 Tiffin Vanleigh Beacon last February. It’s rated as one of the nicest fifth wheels on the market. The interior build quality of the Inception is identical to the Vanleigh. Same material and build. I was happy with the Vanleigh. I just didn’t want to pull it anymore.

So in the end, I gave up the solid wood cabinets and doors for safety, technology, and aesthetics. Safety alone would have got me to switch out of the coach sooner than later.

Finally, think about price point. We all have our own budgets and goals. To get into a brand new Renegade or Dynamax with all the new bells and whistles, how much would I have to spend? It’s a lot. A lot more than what I’m paying for today. Is that saving worth it to me? Absolutely. I could rebuild the entire inside of the Inception and STILL not come close to what a new Dynamax or Renegade would cost me.

Guys, this is all personal choice. I know how forums get. Within two replies, someone wants to argue and fight or bash on the unit itself. Go for it, but you’re not going to get a rise out of me.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:41 PM   #13

THOR #25855
Quote:
I know this is personal for many people but would you care to share what the $$$ was? Discounts amounts of old, couple years ago, are rare to non existent so curious how enthusiastic they were to have this on the road vs sitting on a lot.

Oh and stick around and share how it goes to compare the quality issues that other thor owner's have had.
Don’t mind you asking at all. The MSRP on these are right at around the $320K mark. Give and take of course. You can roll out with one in the mid-$200’s.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:48 PM   #14

THOR #22586
Quote:

Guys, this is all personal choice. I know how forums get. Within two replies, someone wants to argue and fight or bash on the unit itself. Go for it, but you’re not going to get a rise out of me.
I hope it works for you. One thing thor got right over the omni and magnitude was get the damn kitchen out of the slide. All that weight with water, electric, propane flex lines is a recipe for disaster big and small. You won't have to deal with that. I looked at the MSRP for yours and the Valencia I got on the S2RV chassis is actually less. Maybe you got a better discount though. At any rate enjoy and let's hope thor got it right with this. But I still ain't coming back, I'll keep my Renegade Valencia.

EDIT; I'm sure you understand why people are skeptical. Take the Omni with MSRP close to 300K now and the problems it has. Thor hasn't done itself any favors in the past with poor quality so most people will expect the same level of quality.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 02-14-2022, 11:55 PM   #15

THOR #25855
Quote:
I hope it works for you. One thing thor got right over the omni and magnitude was get the damn kitchen out of the slide. All that weight with water, electric, propane flex lines is a recipe for disaster big and small. You won't have to deal with that. I looked at the MSRP for yours and the Valencia I got on the S2RV chassis is actually less. Maybe you got a better discount though. At any rate enjoy and let's hope thor got it right with this. But I still ain't coming back, I'll keep my Renegade Valencia.

EDIT; I'm sure you understand why people are skeptical. Take the Omni with MSRP close to 300K now and the problems it has. Thor hasn't done itself any favors in the past with poor quality so most people will expect the same level of quality.

I totally got it. I actually spent just over an hour on the phone with a Thor representative about that very thing. I didn’t hold back and he respected me for it. Thor doesn’t have the best reputation. They know that. They’re working hard to correct that though and I’m willing to give them that chance. He went into great detail about why things failed the way they did and what they’re doing now to correct it. I respected the fact that he didn’t deny any of the internet claims out there. That said a lot in my opinion.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:57 PM   #16

THOR #25855
Quote:
But I still ain't coming back, I'll keep my Renegade Valencia.

That’s a great rig. Do they not have their own forums? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just kidding of course.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:57 PM   #17

THOR #22586
Quote:
Don’t mind you asking at all. The MSRP on these are right at around the $320K mark. Give and take of course. You can roll out with one in the mid-$200’s.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 02-15-2022, 12:02 AM   #18

THOR #22586
Quote:
That’s a great rig. Do they not have their own forums? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just kidding of course.
Yeah but it gets so boring listening to all the good things and no problems. Much more interesting over here.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 02-15-2022, 11:50 PM   #19

Model: RS36
State: California
THOR #24133
Quote:
For folks on the Forum. The MSRP is higher than the equivalent Renegade Valencia (same chassis). The out the door price seems similar to what folks have been getting theirs for this past year.

Also I did find the Thor spec sheet and layout. Looks like they matched the RS36 layout on the bunkhouse (large slide).

Eric
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2022 Inception.pdf (1.81 MB, 54 views)
Old 02-15-2022, 11:56 PM   #20

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbenson View Post
For folks on the Forum. The MSRP is higher than the equivalent Renegade Valencia (same chassis). The out the door price seems similar to what folks have been getting theirs for this past year.

Eric
My MSRP in December was $287K and sold for $245. There was also one in Tulsa they offered for $238K. I heard that 1 Jan prices were going up but haven't tracked that info. Valencia 35MB but the other floor plans are not much different.

EDIT adding; to make it interesting I read the new Tiffin super C on the S2RV chassis will be priced around $360K. Way overpriced in my opinion. You can get a Renegade Verona on the M2 chassis with ISL 8.9 Cummins for less.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ