Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > Entegra Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2018, 09:34 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
Warranty Extras!???

We're closing on our new Integra Class C in a week or so and La Mesa RV wants to sell us a package that includes 7 year Extended warranty; 5 year wax & interior protection; and 5 Year tire protection/wheel replacement. Has anyone done this? We welcome advice on this. Thanks.

StageCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:50 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.3 34'bunkhouse
State: North Carolina
Entegra Class C's are brand new to Entegra - they've always been only Class A Diesel Pushers...
I think they're eventually moving all of their 'motorized' vehicles into the 'Entegra' brand name...

but, no, all that extra 'fluff' is just to add to sales commissions

Entegras already come with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty, which is double the industry average

85,000mi since '14 - US, Alaska, Canada.... western NC for now : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:50 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Georgia
Tell them to go suck an egg...that's nothing but more money in their pocket. This is a brand new, factory warranted motor home.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:01 AM   #4

Model: 2016 Vegas 25.2
State: Florida
Welcome to the forum!

Go to the "search" tab on the top line and do a post search for "extended warranties". You will find a few big fans and a lot of us that think it is a big, expensive rip off. The deductibles and the exclusions will bite you! If after doing your research you still want to buy one, shop around. Some have talked the dealer down to half price! (The commission on those is about 50%!)
Old 11-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #5

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
The deductibles and the exclusions will bite you!... (The commission on those is about 50%!)
...because the exclusions keep them from ever having to pay out claims.

The Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:06 PM   #6

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
I agree with the above statements....but sometimes its nice to have something extra on a new RV. They will start out at like $3000 or more for this stuff.

Tell them NO, then stand up. Then they will say $2000, do the same. Then tell them $500. I got mine for like $800 or $900 for 5 years but It don't sound as good as yours.

Looking back I wish I never purchased it but I was new to RV's and was scared not to.

You can alway get an aftermarket one if your just feel that you have to have one.

If your handy at all DONT DO IT. Most of the stuff I fixed myself super cheap.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:32 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
Road hazard on the tires is the only 'extra' I buy. I have had numerous bad experiences with tires and rims being damaged by giant potholes and expansion joints on bridges.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #8

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Georgia
Pass on all of that crap...it's extra revenue for them and the dealer has nothing to do with administrating it. It's all 3rd party vendors...of which you will never get on the phone when you need to. As Sunshine stated...do the searches on these subjects and make an educated decision...either way. Their profit ratio is 5 times higher on these "packages" than the actual profits on the coach. The vendors will always find a reason to not cover.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #9

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
Ditto - pass on them. Most of the items that might fail will fall below the threshold of the deductible. We passed and then told the dealer we wanted a “turn-key” RV so throw in a couple of water hoses, pressure reg, stinky slinky, and leveling blocks. Guess what, they did. They want to move it off the lot and $200 bucks of accessories are chump change for them.
jimbo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:17 PM   #10

Model: Freedom Elite 26 HE
State: Indiana
I think I got myGood Sam coverage for about $700 for 5 years (or more, don’t remember). But if I had it to do over I’d pass as well.
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:16 AM   #11

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
Best advise you've gotten is save your money on the extended warranty. With that said, if you use your coach much at all you might consider the tire and wheel warranty. We purchased the tire and wheel warranty. We've used it twice with claims and reimbursements for more than $1200. The policy cost us $500. We have traveled 54k+ miles in 44 months. It has worked out well for us.

Tags
integra, warranty