Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2016, 05:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Missouri
THOR #3570
Outdoor kitchen sink...

We purchased our first ACE 29.4. It is a 2016 model. I performed all of the de-winterization over the weekend. Our model has an outdoor kitchen with a small sink. It is on the rear right side of the rig. I have been unable to get the sink to drain. I have been underneath, above from the bedroom, pulled the drawer off to access immediately under the sink. I was thinking that there must be a valve closing off the drain, but so far I have not found it. Does anyone have experience with this and be kind enough to give me suggestions? I can't imagine the drain pipes being clogged since we have never used it.

Thank you in advance!

Old 03-28-2016, 05:52 PM   #2

Model: 2015 Hurricane 31S
State: Virginia
THOR #2130
I have a Hurricane 31S and our outside has a macerator which is an inline drain pump. Ours activates by pressing one side of a rocker switch that is mounted directly above the sink underneath a cabinet. It should be visible if you have the same.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy
Blue Ox Tow Bar and attachment Plate/SMI Brake System
Taking Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:17 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
As with Taking Flight, my Challenger also has a macerator for draining the outdoor sink. This is because the sink sits lower than the plumbing elsewhere within the coach. My rocker switch for the macerator is on the front panel of the sink cabinet.

Look for a switch in the outdoor kitchen area. As a note, the macerator is loud when it is running.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #4

State: Missouri
THOR #3570
Thank you Taking Flight and dstankov! I checked yesterday, and sure enough there was a switch under the cabinets. It was tucked back just far enough that I had never noticed it. Thank you!
Old 04-02-2016, 06:17 AM   #5

State: Oregon
THOR #2824
Camping World winterized my coach this year - I too have a 2016 29.4 and wanted it done right since I bought it in late Oct. They charged me $38.00 (on top of the discounted priced coupon I had for the entire coach) because of the out door sink. I did not know about the switch and will look tomorrow. I was told access to the drains for the water tank and the outdoor sink was through a panel in the bedroom below the first drawer. Removing that panel allows access to the water tank. I asked that mine be re-routed to make it more accessible, complaining that it was a design flaw to get to them. Thor said it wasn't - and refused to pay for any modification. I can do it - I just haven't yet. But the switch is an intriguing concept.......hopefully I will have one!
Old 04-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappydude View Post
Camping World winterized my coach this year - I too have a 2016 29.4 and wanted it done right since I bought it in late Oct. They charged me $38.00 (on top of the discounted priced coupon I had for the entire coach) because of the out door sink. I did not know about the switch and will look tomorrow. I was told access to the drains for the water tank and the outdoor sink was through a panel in the bedroom below the first drawer. Removing that panel allows access to the water tank. I asked that mine be re-routed to make it more accessible, complaining that it was a design flaw to get to them. Thor said it wasn't - and refused to pay for any modification. I can do it - I just haven't yet. But the switch is an intriguing concept.......hopefully I will have one!
Pappy,

Hopefully we are not talking about two different things. The switch is for the macerator pump that drains the outdoor sink when it is being used. It draws the water from the sink bowl to the gray water tank.

I believe the drains you may be referring to are the low point drains and the switch and macerator pump have nothing to do with those. As a note, my low point drains for the outdoor kitchen are located under a drawer in the outdoor kitchen. My second low point drains for the rest of the coach are located elsewhere in the coach, in my case in the wet bay.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:42 PM   #7

THOR #2824
You are correct dstankov - it is possible I misread jedifletch's post when he was talking about winterization. I found the macerator switch and it works........but the low point drains for my outdoor sink are inside the coach, passenger side, near the water tank.
Thank you for the information.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #8

Model: ACE
State: Alabama
THOR #10208
YOu should have two valves inside the outside drawer. Also, don't forget to flip the switch inside the outside cabinet to drain your sink.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:12 PM   #9
mrw

Model: A.C.E. 29.3
State: West Virginia
THOR #4502
Outside sink low point drains is under the drawer on my ACE
Old 01-16-2018, 09:24 PM   #10

THOR #2824
After I responded last I found the two low point drains for the water to the outdoor sink. Mine also are located under the drawer and require a push/pull operation of an "O" ring on each. Thanks for that info - sorry for the lengthy delay in responding.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #11

Model: Mirramar 34.2
State: Saskatchewan
THOR #6138
Add antifreeze to be safe.