Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2015, 09:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau Sport 25C (FW)
State: Ontario
THOR #3043
1st trip in our new 2008 Chateau Sport 25C

Well, first off I have to say that this motor home is nice to drive. It has a nice ride and handles rather well. Mind you it's not that big (29ft overall), but I really was expecting it to be a less relaxed trip. With 55,000 kms on it, it is still pretty quiet, until you hit rough patches that is. The cab does feel a bit cramped despite the size but it is still comfortable. With the slide-out extended there was plenty of room for 4 adults. So far the only complaint I really have is the cruise control. When climbing a grade it will suddenly downshift what feels like 2 gears and go into an all or nothing mode which seems a little excessive. I just started turning the CC off and gently accelerating before a grade and turn it back on at the top. Not a great solution but it works better IMO. This motor home has the E-450 chassis with the Trojan V10 and when it did down shift on those hills you felt it. In general it feels like it has the power to climb anything. Great acceleration when you really need it.

All said and done I feel this will be a great way to tour Canada and the US.

The trip was from Ottawa ON to Niagara falls, 540kms/335miles one way. It used in the neighborhood of 153L/40.5 US gallons. About half the trip was done around 90kph/56mph, the rest at 100kph/62mph. Not towing anything and not heavily loaded at all. 4 Adults. I knew it wouldn't be great on gas. Does any one have experience with a similar configuration and could comment on whether this is in the ballpark or not? This usage translates to: 9.97 m/imp gallon, 8.32m/US gallon or 28.3L/100kms.

Appreciate any comments.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallgood
This motor home has the E-450 chassis with the Trojan V10 and when it did down shift on those hills you felt it.
"Triton" engine, not Trojan.

The V-10 will get between 8-10 mpg (US) in just about any vehicle its put into (unless its a Mustang )
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:05 PM   #3

Model: Chateau Sport 25C (FW)
State: Ontario
THOR #3043
I stand corrected. New owner and all.