Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #1

Brand: Crossroads
State: Georgia
THOR #451
2012 Crossroads Rushmore 38FL

We bought this fifth wheel brand new and although it is a gorgeous rig we have nothing but major problems with it. One serious leak after another as well as mechanical issues. The dealer that sold it to us went out of business and no one else in the area will do warranty work for Crossroads. That in itself tells me a LOT! I am currently getting the run around with Crossroads in Indiana. I would not recommend this product to anyone as I know from talking to many other campers who own Crossroads they too are having serious issues. Their quality control is seriously lacking as well as their service after the sale! Just needed to vent and if any has any suggestions on how to deal with this lemon I sure would appreciate the help!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
The Rushmore line has been nothing but trouble since it started. Crossroads use to be one of the best on the market for customer service and quality but they had a change in management a couple of years ago and it has gone downhill since they took over. The CEO and his sidekick have been canned but the damage they did will take a long time to repair if it can be repaired. You can go to the Crossroad owners forum and read about the Rushmore issues there but that does not help ease your pain.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
I posted this on another thread, but I will post it here for you.
I don't know if it will help you or not, you will have to do some checking in your state.

I ran across an add in a magazine when we were out in CO. last Mo.
It's titled---Is your RV a Lemon?
I'm guessing it's just that, but if anyone is interested in checking them out---

I-800-501-0235
California Lemon Law Lawyer - Consumer Law Attorney - Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento & Fresno - Kemnitzer, Barron & Krieg, LLP
_____
Old 09-19-2013, 02:53 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
welcome to the forum. I just wish it were under better circumstances. I wish you luck in getting repairs made and feeling whole with your rushmore again.

Edited to correct mistake. Thanks johnboy
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:55 AM   #5

Brand: Redwood
Model: 38GK
THOR #439
Redwood ?!?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #6

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
THOR #88
They are starting to have quality issues show up as well. You johnboytoo should know as well as anyone. Again this all goes back to the two that were running both companies and caused the decline in quality and build issues.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #7

State: Georgia
THOR #451
2012 Rushmore

Thank you all! It just helps to vent. And I will for sure check out the site about 'lemons'.