Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Ohio
THOR #7197
2012 Windsport shower faucet issue

So after buying the coach used end of last season with 18k on it I started checking things over to get it ready for my family to use. Upon filling water tanks and turning on spickets to check for leaks everything was fine except for the shower. It was leaking water from the bottom of the on off handles. I found a crack on the plastic "t" part that blends the hot and cold water together. I ordered a new one online and was ready to instal. However the part will not go on with out unhooking the faucet from hot and cold. The only way to do that is from an access in the bedroom, however there is none. Only one down lower by the floor 3-4 feet lower. I'm going to have to cut a whole and create a cover using the piece I cut out I guess. Just seeing if anyone else has had a similar issue or better fix!
Thanks!!
Andy Ohio
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2370.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	4736   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2459.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	4737  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2369.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	4738  

Old 04-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #2

Model: Four winds 26b
State: Illinois
THOR #6565
Ours is a Four winds but all the shower valves are basically the same. I had to change the same faucet (brand new) before we could use it. I just removed the faucet and the bezel completely from the wall then replaced with the new one and reinstalled everything then silicone around everything. Don't know if that makes sense or not. Pretty easy fix. Hope this helps some.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:07 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
If you have to cut into the wall you could install an access panel .
If you Google "wall access panel" you will see what I mean.
Basically a frame and a door , available in different sizes that you install in the hole.
This way you can get to that plumbing whenever you like.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:34 PM   #4

Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
State: Georgia
THOR #2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfd2117 View Post
Ours is a Four winds but all the shower valves are basically the same. I had to change the same faucet (brand new) before we could use it. I just removed the faucet and the bezel completely from the wall then replaced with the new one and reinstalled everything then silicone around everything. Don't know if that makes sense or not. Pretty easy fix. Hope this helps some.
Don't cut the wall until you try removing the bezel as he suggested. Worked on my Hurricane which has the same valve arrangement as in your photo.