Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2015, 03:26 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #2073
2015 Windsport 34F Full wall slide

Just returned from a 2 week 3800 mile vacation in my Windsport with a full wall slide. Had a few issues that were easily resolved my self. My full wall slide is LOADED down with a Washer and dryer, and as much clothes and necessities my wife must have! I found that if the coach is not level, the slide will have issues sliding in and out. When I had issues, I'd assist the motors by manually tilting the coach in the direction the slide needed to go. It wasn't much of a tilt, just enough so the motors would have a downward pull. Now, some may say we shouldn't have to do that, however, it beats being 'stuck' waiting for service to arrive and a whole lot of aggravation.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:36 PM   #82

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guidrys View Post
Just returned from a 2 week 3800 mile vacation in my Windsport with a full wall slide. Had a few issues that were easily resolved my self. My full wall slide is LOADED down with a Washer and dryer, and as much clothes and necessities my wife must have! I found that if the coach is not level, the slide will have issues sliding in and out. When I had issues, I'd assist the motors by manually tilting the coach in the direction the slide needed to go. It wasn't much of a tilt, just enough so the motors would have a downward pull. Now, some may say we shouldn't have to do that, however, it beats being 'stuck' waiting for service to arrive and a whole lot of aggravation.
Do you plan on a long-term fix or continue to assist with gravity by tilting motorhome? Any idea what a fix may involve? More powerful motors? Better lubrication?
Old 08-05-2015, 03:38 AM   #83

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Do you plan on a long-term fix or continue to assist with gravity by tilting motorhome? Any idea what a fix may involve? More powerful motors? Better lubrication?
I do plan on scheduling to bring it in for service since the coach is less than a year old. I also have some minor interior pieces that need some attention. In my slide out case, the interior and exterior seals were getting caught in the motors gears and causing the slide to jam. I had to trim one piece that had ripped as to not get caught in the gears.

As far as tilting the coach, it doesn't bother me a bit to do it especially if it saves me the headache and aggravation of dealing with a broken slide system.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:35 PM   #84

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: California
THOR #791
Angry Slide Room finally failed, Thor Quality at Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrays View Post
We have a 2014 32A. One corner of the slide does not quite seal all the way. Took it to the dealer for repairs. When told it was ready, we went to pick it up, guess what?, Same stinking issue! Nothing changed. They called the service guy over who attempted to re-time the system. No change. They then told me I should just leave it as it is as we would be opening a can of worms to try any further attempts at fixing it. We are somewhat lucky cause the lack of a good seal is not on the forward leading edge of the slide.
We have since discovered the dealer (McMahon's RV in Westminster Ca) is closed to to bank takeover and ripping off customers.
It is still under warranty and we are considering taking it to CW to have them take a look at it. I'm just a bit hesitant because of all the bad experiences with folks on these forums. Maybe we should leave it be as it operates just fine and is only a cosmetic thing. Then again I would like to have it looked at while under warranty if we're gonna do it.
UPDATE: The slide finally quit working. Took the rig to an independent repair shop. They were able to repair the slide. One of the motors went out and they had to completely replace all the slide rails. The hole cut from the factory for the slide room was not square!! What?!! Therefore the rails all wore out prematurely. They had to modify the slide mechanism and custom make a bracket so that the slide rails attached squarely to the room for proper function. Thor SUCKS!
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Roadmaster F & R Sways, Safe-T-Plus, Koni's
hexrays is offline   Reply With Quote