Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2014, 04:19 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #650
2014.5 Thor Challenger

My fiance' and I just bought a 2014.5 Challenger and we are experience several problems within 24 hours. Here are some of the problems and hoping you guys can help tell me what I might be doing wrong.

We left the dealer after our 1.5 hr walk through. Considering this is our first coach ever we had a hard time "understanding" what one button and why we needed it to do whatever it did. Anyways, after driving about 12 hrs we pulled over to get a little sleep. I attempted to turn on the furnace before going to bed. The fan came on for about 5 mins and then nothing. I got very little sleep considering the coach was 60 degrees. The next morning I realized that the gas was turned off. This doesn't really explain why the fan wouldn't turn on. Can someone explain why the fans wouldn't be blowing?

Next problem.. We finally made it home and we are trying to move all of our stuff into the coach. Our intentions when buying the coach is to be full timers. After moving a bunch of boxes I turned on the generator before I attempted to turn on the A/Cs. 10 mins later I tried to turn on the AC and nothing happened... No fan, no a/c oh and no microwave. I go to the bed to see if it tripped the breaker. The breaker looked good but I reset it anyway. I went out to the generator and reset the breaker there and both A/Cs turn on. After 5-10 mins the front A/C turns off and I can;t seem to get it to turn back on. While all this is going on the back AC us still working but the microwave had never turned on. I checked the microwave plug to see if it is plugged in- Yep its plugged in.

While I am checking the under the bed breaker again I hear a noise from the front. Its the battery indicator stating the the volts or amps are too low. I dont know which one it is but it was giving me an "E" something. I assume that means error and it was down to 11.3. Only one AC was running and nothing else except a couple lights in the coach.

So, right now I have one AC working, No microwave, and a breaker that keeps tripping. It has only been about 30 hours since I drove away from the lot. I was hoping someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. RIght now hooking up to electric is an issue and it is not available at this time. I have the RV parked in my APT complex's parking lot.

Please, please, please help and any input would be super appreciative!!

Old 02-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Aaron, it sounds to me like you are trying to get more out of that generator then it is capable of producing.
Plus, I would highly recommend you find a dealer locally that will walk you thru "another" PDI. I'm sure you will have to pay them for there time and effort, but at this point I feel it would be money well spent on your part.
One more recommendation would be to video tape the entire PDI for future reference.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help answering all your concerns and questions.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
It sounds like you are running off battery and not generator. I gave a tt and no generator so I don't know how that set up works hopefully someone can cone along and explain it. Also you can't run everything at one time or it will overload the breakers. For the heat did you gave it set to furnace, ac or fan? Mine has all 3 settings. If out of gas it won't heat and I believe as a safety precaution may shut down. Also compare the temps of coach to what you have the temps set to since you seem to have tried both AC. and heat. I agree with Lloyd it sounds like you need another pdi. Videotape it. If it opens, closes, turns on or off etc have them demo it and you return the demo. Good luck.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote