Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2014, 06:13 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Indiana
THOR #1080
2015 miramar windshield wiper problems

Just bought a new 2015 Miramar 34.2 and during the first long trip of coarse it rained and the windshield wiper quit working. The passenger wiper was down on the grill.

Has anyone else experienced this problem.

When I called Thor they stated that they haven't had any report issues. That is funny because I camped with a lady that owned the same exact model and she had the same thing happen to her.

Kindly let me know your feedback.

Thanks

Old 04-17-2015, 04:33 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #1282
Wipers

I have a 2015 Miramar 34.2 and my riverside goes so far to the left it leaves the windshield, the fluid pump is also not working on mine or my brothers (who also owns a 2015 Miramar).
Old 04-17-2015, 05:56 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
The wiper arm is mounted on a spline.

- If it's mounted too far off center it will go off the windshield, as described.

- If the screw holding the arm to the spline is loose the whole arm will flop down onto the grill, as described.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Had a similar problem on my Challenger. The driver side wiper did not clean enough of the windshield to suit my taste. I removed the nut and rotated the arm about two splines and then reinstalled the nut. Now the wiper cleans enough of the windshield to suit my taste. It does however sit higher on the windshield when the wipers are turned off. It appears the wipers have an approximate 90 degree rotation pattern.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #5

State: Utah
THOR #1896
ACE Bunkhouse 30.2

4/25/2015 We picked up our ACE 30.2 4/20/2015 and 4/24/2015 I had it back at the dealer. Headed back to the dealer my right wiper didn't work; 1st time to use. It was hanging down on the hood. FYI had a LONG list of items to be repaired/corrected. One of the major problems was the left rear jack mount was ONLY tack welded in place. When I used the jacks in my driveway the mount broke loose; 3rd day of owning it.

K.Ray
West Haven, UT
ACE Bunkhouse 30.2
Old 04-25-2015, 09:25 PM   #6

Model: Challenger 37GT
State: Virginia
THOR #1032
The spline on my driver side was split down the middle. I had the dealer fix it, I thought, until the rain today and found they didn't replace the spline. So now tomorrow I will be checking further. But from my first inspection it appear the center part of the spline was too large for the stud it goes on. Therefore the stud will spin too far and split the spline.
wanewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #7

State: Florida
THOR #943
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandol View Post
Just bought a new 2015 Miramar 34.2 and during the first long trip of coarse it rained and the windshield wiper quit working. The passenger wiper was down on the grill.

Has anyone else experienced this problem.

When I called Thor they stated that they haven't had any report issues. That is funny because I camped with a lady that owned the same exact model and she had the same thing happen to her.

Kindly let me know your feedback.

Thanks
We had a mounting problem which was loose. Also the fluid motor replaced on ours and it was a new unit.

Good luck with everything else.

Ron
Old 04-27-2015, 08:57 PM   #8

THOR #682
Miramar wipers

my washer motor was broken before i left dealership- clips missing on wipers.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:33 PM   #9

Model: marimar 34.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #3024
having same problem how did they fix yours
Old 10-11-2015, 10:20 PM   #10

THOR #682
Miramar wipers

I went to aouto store and replaced the second one myself.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:48 PM   #11

State: Louisiana
THOR #625
We had the same problem with our 2015 Challenger ......The passenger side wiper would just collapse down onto the front of the rig and the drivers side wiper would hang off the rig also.......We had to take it back to the dealership four times until they finally replaced everything, including the workings under the hood. It was told to us by our dealership it was installed wrong at the factory and the worker bent the long bar under the hood that works the wipers. They had to refinish the paint on our rig from the damage of the wiper messing up the paint.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
MRS JARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:13 AM   #12

THOR #3024
The dealer told me they did not tighten the nuts on the arms correctly. I I think there is a major problem with them ,if you run mine on hi they look like there out of control . They had to do paint on mine to
Old 01-29-2016, 01:10 PM   #13
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I seem to recall early last year a fellow Challenger owner had a wiper issue where the splined adapter connecting the wiper arm to the splined shaft was an incorrect size and stripped out causing their wiper to just bounce around.

Disclaimer: old age memory may result in imaginary posts
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:33 PM   #14

State: Louisiana
THOR #625
There is definitely a problem with the wipers and all the mechanisms involved.....Since they replaced the whole assembly we have not had a problem since......It seems if they would do quality work from the get go, we would be much happier "campers"!
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
MRS JARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 04:39 PM   #15

Model: Hurricane 34E
THOR #937
This is an old thread, but I noticed this past weekend that my local Thor dealership, (Mike Thompson's in Santa Fe Springs and Fountain Valley in Southern CA), had a big sale/"RVshow" at their lots, (they do this all the time).

The few Thor motorhomes that I walked through had the brand new windshield wipers and arm assemblies laying across the bed.

I'm wondering if this dealership is waiting until the very last moment of delivery to actually install the wipers. I can see how this makes sense for the UV damage to the rubber. However, I wonder if the entire mechanism is still an issue for the new models. Hmm?
Old 02-13-2016, 04:03 PM   #16

Model: Outlaw 38re
THOR #3651
Had same issue with both wiper and fluid pump in 2015 Oultaw 38re. Thor does not acknowledge continued issues. Dealer said this is a common Thor warranty repair.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:30 PM   #17

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #4132
I work for an RV rental company, we have 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 34" Hurricane/Windsport Class A RVs and every year we have had major problems with these windshield wiper systems. Every year there is at least a dozen units in our fleet throughout the year that have defects in the wiper system either with the wiper motor, or something in the linkages or they need to be adjusted, or the nut was loose.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:21 PM   #18

State: Ohio
THOR #1802
wiper motor thor 2014 34.1

had problems from day one . been at five different camping worlds many week of waiting for parts entire unit replaced twice never solved problem .had my local auto repair shop look at it . they found the motor was not attached to the front wall only mounted at wiper arms . they made a bracket and attached unit to front wall , work grate know
Old 05-30-2016, 10:57 AM   #19

THOR #3024
can you get a picture of bracket and post it
Old 05-30-2016, 04:03 PM   #20

THOR #1314
I have a Thor Hurricane 32A 2013. A few months ago as I was driving on the interstate in heavy rain my windshield wipers got stuck fully extended. I am also having a problem finding a replacement wiper. It uses a 32 inch with the j-hook arm. I think the large size of the wiper is partly responsible for the first problem. I would be interested in hearing anyone's thoughts on this matter. Thanks