Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2018, 11:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: North Carolina
THOR #11007
2015 Windsport Parts questions

Just joined today (after purchasing RV yesterday), so apologies if questions in the wrong place.

1. Where does one find basic "replacement parts" for Thor rigs? TMC doesn't have a "Parts" link that I see, and dealer is two hours away. Looking immediately for a couple of minor items - a replacement cup holder, AM/FM radio antenna.

2. The extremely "helpful" manual for the 2015 models is not clear. We've had no success pulling in any "over the air" TV stations. Do the 2015 models come with default digital TV antennas? Wondering if I need to replace antenna, troubleshoot a wiring issue, or just continue tinkering with settings until something works. (small home digital TV antenna on top of set box picks up 10 stations - RV in back yard is 10' higher, and gets nothing). Traveling for work tomorrow, so won't get to swap and test until next weekend.

Thanks in advance,

Old 03-18-2018, 11:36 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
1. Unfortunately there isn't an easy way: You can call Thor and get a part number, then call the dealer and order it. There are some dealers you can call with your VIN and they will take care of calling Thor to get the number (a lot easier than the two step process of you calling Thor first).

2. Do you have the antenna booster turned on? On one of the faceplates where the coax connectors plug in there should be a small button, press it in (some units have an LED indicator that will light up when its on).

Welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:58 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Jamie advise is good. Call Thor, have your vin ready, and they can give you part numbers. Google the part number and check on Amazon. Amazon has everything.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:07 AM   #4

State: West Virginia
THOR #1181
If it is not available from Amazon call Total Value RV in Goshen IN they are a Thor Dealer and have been very helpful in the past.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:12 AM   #5

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureTheSouth View Post
Just joined today (after purchasing RV yesterday), so apologies if questions in the wrong place.

1. Where does one find basic "replacement parts" for Thor rigs? TMC doesn't have a "Parts" link that I see, and dealer is two hours away. Looking immediately for a couple of minor items - a replacement cup holder, AM/FM radio antenna.

2. The extremely "helpful" manual for the 2015 models is not clear. We've had no success pulling in any "over the air" TV stations. Do the 2015 models come with default digital TV antennas? Wondering if I need to replace antenna, troubleshoot a wiring issue, or just continue tinkering with settings until something works. (small home digital TV antenna on top of set box picks up 10 stations - RV in back yard is 10' higher, and gets nothing). Traveling for work tomorrow, so won't get to swap and test until next weekend.

Thanks in advance,
The power booster is in the over head cabinet above couch behind driver seat on front make sure light is on tv is set for antenna and do scan TV when using cable in campground shut off booster set tv for cable and scan. Every time you move you need to scan

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:34 AM   #6

THOR #11007
Thanks all! Not sure I have that "booster switch"... still exploring the unit, and that was not something covered in tech demo. Would I find that in the same cabinet as the AV switching unit? I've checked and re-seated the two coax connections on the roof; but won't have a chance to trace cabling beyond that for a few days (sucks having to go to work.....)
Old 03-19-2018, 12:38 AM   #7

THOR #5326
Quote:
Thanks all! Not sure I have that "booster switch"... still exploring the unit, and that was not something covered in tech demo. Would I find that in the same cabinet as the AV switching unit? I've checked and re-seated the two coax connections on the roof; but won't have a chance to trace cabling beyond that for a few days (sucks having to go to work.....)
Yes it has a wall plate with a small round push button and a green light to show it’s on. In my 27 K it is right next to the outlet that av equipment is plugged into

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K
Old 03-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #8

THOR #5326
Here I see a pick of the power booster in my 27k
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7421BD10-1F8E-4E9B-8F84-776D8E8BCC07.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	9386  

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K
Old 03-30-2018, 12:02 AM   #9

THOR #11007
Finally got a chance to check this out - and you are absolutely correct! Easily found (once I knew where to look), and went from 0 channels (yes, I counted them - twice) to 28 while parked in yard! We'll see what we can pull off-air on our first little short trip this weekend. When we take our first "big trip" to Key Largo next month, we'll bring along a Blu-Ray. Even with booster, that's a fair hike from Miami channels.

Thanks again!
Old 04-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #10

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
1. Unfortunately there isn't an easy way: You can call Thor and get a part number, then call the dealer and order it. There are some dealers you can call with your VIN and they will take care of calling Thor to get the number (a lot easier than the two step process of you calling Thor first).

2. Do you have the antenna booster turned on? On one of the faceplates where the coax connectors plug in there should be a small button, press it in (some units have an LED indicator that will light up when its on).

Welcome.
Got all those books for all the extra stuff that comes withe RV, so I got a hardback notebook with the M/H year, VIN and Model no. on the outside, lots of laminated covers, went and ordered the parts catalog, added any notes for insurance, who to call, put a table of contents on what is on what page... etc and whenever it goes to the shop I add those too. Oh yeah, put all of them in that satchel case they gave me, which is now overloaded now. Don't know where else to put it all and it might help later on.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #11

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
The power booster is in the over head cabinet above couch behind driver seat on front make sure light is on tv is set for antenna and do scan TV when using cable in campground shut off booster set tv for cable and scan. Every time you move you need to scan
Yeah, my booster is located in another place but when I pressed the button nothing happened. So I unscrewed the cover, looked inside and the IC board was not glued to the plastic cover. Couple of drops of super glue and now the board stays in place now and the lite comes on when it should.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:55 AM   #12

THOR #8432
Quote:
Yes it has a wall plate with a small round push button and a green light to show it’s on. In my 27 K it is right next to the outlet that av equipment is plugged into
Yeah and when I pushed the button the board slipped out of the slot. Superglue d it back to the plate and it works good.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:24 PM   #13

THOR #8432
Quote:
Wished all the RV makers did a show out with a recording device OR they have a DVD that comes with your particular RV, that shows how to level, how to set up for camping, how to this, that and the other. How hard could that be to make one and hey, sell it for $20.00, like the Chilton's manuals. Folks are already on this Forum or on Email so it's not like secret material?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Old 06-27-2018, 10:26 PM   #14

THOR #8432
Quote:
Finally got a chance to check this out - and you are absolutely correct! Easily found (once I knew where to look), and went from 0 channels (yes, I counted them - twice) to 28 while parked in yard! We'll see what we can pull off-air on our first little short trip this weekend. When we take our first "big trip" to Key Largo next month, we'll bring along a Blu-Ray. Even with booster, that's a fair hike from Miami channels.

Thanks again!
Key Largo... Not terribly far from Key West. Or any island in between....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Old 06-27-2018, 11:47 PM   #15

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
[QUOTE=Cason61;128279]Wished all the RV makers did a show out with a recording device OR they have a DVD that comes with your particular RV, that shows how to level, how to set up for camping, how to this, that and the other. How hard could that be to make one and hey, sell it for $20.00, like the Chilton's manuals. Folks are already on this Forum or on Email so it's not like secret material? /QUOTE]
More knowledge is what Garry's Thor MC rallies are all about. Last April we had the SE Thor Dealer trainer with us for all Saturday. I don't think anyone there was able to adsorb all the information.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:43 PM   #16

Model: Palazzo
State: Wisconsin
THOR #11270
Quote:

Unless it is a Windsport 31S in which case the booster switch is behind the TV above the kitchen counter adjacent to the door!!

J

Tags
antenna, parts