Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2016, 11:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
2016 Vegas Front End Alignment

Hello everyone I have read several post about the front end alignment on these motorhomes. I called around to see who could align the front end on my 25.2 Vegas. I ended up going to a place named Tadlocks in Castle Hayne NC. This shop has been there since 1959 and never advertise. They were very professional and clean. The steering wheel was not centered up. It seemed to drive fine a little correction, never seemed like it was excessive. Well I filled up the tanks with fresh water and put camping stuff in the bins. Trying to put weight on it as if we were traveling. Well we made an appointment for 9am and showed up at 810 they took us right in and aligned the front end with in 30 minutes. Then they asked me to take it for a drive to ensure it was right. I have got to tell you after having the front end aligned it drove with ease, all the corrections I was making that did not seem like much were gone. The steering wheel was true center and the tech told me they adjusted the toe in by a 1/4". He said if left unchecked it would have wore the tires on the outside prematurely. Total cost 96.00 with tax. Just wanted to let you all know there is a noticeable difference in the handling. It should be the norm for the manufactures to align the front ends after they build the coach. I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2016, 12:25 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucke View Post
Hello everyone I have read several post about the front end alignment on these motorhomes. I called around to see who could align the front end on my 25.2 Vegas. I ended up going to a place named Tadlocks in Castle Hayne NC. This shop has been there since 1959 and never advertise. They were very professional and clean. The steering wheel was not centered up. It seemed to drive fine a little correction, never seemed like it was excessive. Well I filled up the tanks with fresh water and put camping stuff in the bins. Trying to put weight on it as if we were traveling. Well we made an appointment for 9am and showed up at 810 they took us right in and aligned the front end with in 30 minutes. Then they asked me to take it for a drive to ensure it was right. I have got to tell you after having the front end aligned it drove with ease, all the corrections I was making that did not seem like much were gone. The steering wheel was true center and the tech told me they adjusted the toe in by a 1/4". He said if left unchecked it would have wore the tires on the outside prematurely. Total cost 96.00 with tax. Just wanted to let you all know there is a noticeable difference in the handling. It should be the norm for the manufactures to align the front ends after they build the coach. I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

I recently had a similar experience with equally pleasing results. I would also suggest that you might want to consider a Safe-T-Plus steering system, plus front and read heavy duty Hellrig sway bars. My coach drives 1000% better with those mods.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:31 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locknut View Post
I recently had a similar experience with equally pleasing results. I would also suggest that you might want to consider a Safe-T-Plus steering system, plus front and read heavy duty Hellrig sway bars. My coach drives 1000% better with those mods.
That sounds like a good idea thanks for the information!