Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
2016 VEGAS small crack in rear end cap

Was washing and waxing our 2016 25.2 VEGAS and discovered a small horizontal crack in the rear endcap on the passenger side just below where the end cap "curves" to meet the roof...

We still have two months warranty left on the VEGAS. Two questions, has anyone else experienced any cracking on the end cap? Is this something that needs to be addressed? And should my contact be THOR customer service or the dealer? (or both)

It makes me wonder as we didn't notice this two months ago the last time we waxed.

And, if they offer to repair, instead of replace, would that be acceptable? Have had fiberglass boats many times, but this is the first Motor Home

Old 05-08-2017, 01:11 AM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
This is the first I have seen about this, and yes, it needs to be addresses with Thor warranty ASAP.

You could call either Thor or a Thor dealer, but I would start with Thor warranty service. They will ask you where you want to take it. Our forum friends would advise you avoid CW.

They will likely arrange repair rather than replace. You are fortunate that this has shown up before the warranty is over. Let the forum know what happens with this.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:25 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Thanks for the reply. This has been really the first "major" issue with the coach, everything else we have been able to pretty much handle on our own.

I will call THOR tomorrow morning, and will probably contact our dealer also..So far, they have been really good to work with

I did a search on the forums, and really didn't see any other posting on this, so I guess I may be the lucky "one" here....