Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2017, 01:32 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: Florida
THOR #8116
2017 Miramar 37.1

Hello everyone, just sold our '13 Thor Daybreak 32HD and are scheduled to pickup a '17 Miramar 37.1 next week. Does someone know if the dash radio is equipped with GPS?

Old 07-17-2017, 03:04 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #5052
We have a 2017 Challenger 37TB that has the same Axxera radio (I believe) and no GPS. We picked up the Garmin RV 660LMT made specifically for RVs. Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #3

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #8116
Thank you Jbird
Old 07-19-2017, 12:10 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: New York
THOR #5840
Hi to all. I have always used my iPhone and GPS apps like Waze for navigation. I have a hands free device that I listen to voice directions from. With the phone plugged into power, the screen showing the road map stays lit. This method has served me well both in the MH and my POV. That being said, we always have a conventional road map as a backup. By the way, Waze (not sure about other apps.) gives out notifications on traffic, law enforcement and hazards.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:18 AM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by enadio4u View Post
Hello everyone, just sold our '13 Thor Daybreak 32HD and are scheduled to pickup a '17 Miramar 37.1 next week. Does someone know if the dash radio is equipped with GPS?
With something as big as a 37.1 Miramar you should look into a GPS that allows setting the height, weight, length, and LPG tank size. I have a Rand McNally RV GPS (RVND 7730) that has kept me out of trouble a few times. My prior class c came with a MagnaDyne system with GPS and that thing would take me down some roads with hairpin turns and as narrow as goat trails. For that one I had 2 settings, car or bus, and it didn't seem to matter which one was selected.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:08 AM   #6

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Rv gps

I recently purchased the Garmin 770 for RV's. I absolutely love it. I especially appreciate the "Voice Command" hand free feature. As far as I know it is the only voice operated RV GPS on the market.

I previously had a Rand McNally RV GPS and had many problems with it. The straw that broke the camels back was when it lost the satellite signal and I had to resort to using my cell phone. When I returned home immediately ordered the Garmin.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #7

Model: Miramar 35.3
THOR #6451
The 2018 Miramar's do come with dash GPS but the 2017s don't. I'm not crazy about the GPS in our 2018 Miramar 35.3 but it does work. Just not as easy to use as my Garmin.