Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2017, 07:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Hawaii
THOR #7982
2017 Windsport 34J Under Bed Storage?

ALOHA Everyone!
We just purchased a Windsport 34J Bunkhouse (site unseen - YES we had a 3rd party inspect) Anyway - i'm trying to figure out if there is storage under the King bed! We pick it up in a few weeks. Hoping we don't have any major issues out on our first road trip!

Old 06-21-2017, 07:54 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Yes, there should be a lot of room under the bed, the bottom flips up. We have a 29M with the king bed and have two clothes baskets under the bed with room for 6 more!

Congratulations on you new coach!!! If you have future questions there are a lot of nice people on this forum to assist you. Are you going to be using it in Hawaii or here on the mainland? Wherever you go I wish you safe and happy journeys!!!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:22 PM   #3

THOR #7982
Thank you! That is super helpful. RV are not allowed in Hawaii - too many people would be living in them and we already have enough homeless living on the beach & in the parks... not to mention there is not where to drive except around the island (about 50 mile radius)... Planning on using it to see the continental US
Have a GREAT day and again thank you!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:39 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
You are very welcome, enjoy your travels!!!

Read the posts on CHF (cheap handling fix) before starting your trip, it will make driving much more enjoyable. Also you may want to consider a foam topper for your mattress, the one that comes in the coach is a little on the thin side and hard!
Old 06-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #5

THOR #7982
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post

Read the posts on CHF (cheap handling fix) before starting your trip, it will make driving much more enjoyable. Also you may want to consider a foam topper for your mattress, the one that comes in the coach is a little on the thin side and hard!
Thanks for the tips... definitely will do both! I'll accept any other tips you all have too!

Any chance you have the dimensions for the space under the bed?
Old 06-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #6504
I have the Hurricane 34J basically the same thing. I want to say it's about 2 feet by 4 feet. It's also where you will find the ladder for the drop down bunk.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:00 PM   #7

State: Arizona
THOR #7430
Use space bags that will shrink down to a very small size for blankets towels pillows during the day really saves on space
Old 06-28-2017, 02:01 PM   #8

State: Arizona
THOR #7430
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post

I put a foam topper on my mattress and it made a world of difference.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:04 PM   #9

Model: Windsport 34j
State: Iowa
THOR #5651
Yes there is storage under the king bed. Quick tip...also remove the screws in the upper bunk and add 4 small hinges in the back. There is lightweight storage under there!! It doesn't open very far due to the tv, but great place for extra sheets or towels when needed! Enjoy...we LOVE ours 34J!