Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2019, 07:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #14058
2018 Thor ACE 29.3

How does the black tank flushing device actually work

Old 01-04-2019, 11:21 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
There is a rotary water spray head on the side of the tank. Using the hose supplied water pressure, it sprays several streams of water through the rank. It fair job on my small black water tank (24.5 gal). I hear it doesn't work well with a "POP" on the right side black tanks. I use my black tank flush every time I dump.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
As said, its shoots streams of water to help clean the sides of the tank. I our ACE tanks are small so make sure you use the flushing system every chance you get. Against the books warning!!!! I will fill the tank up using the flushing system then open the value. I will do that a couple of times. I have also gotten into the habit of filling the toilet bowl to the top with water, the releasing of a large amount of water will help with the build up at the base of the stool.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:16 AM   #4

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #12802
Black tank washout does not work

Got my 2017 ACE 29.3 in March, 2018 as a new leftover. Black tank hose hookup does not work -- just sprays water all over outside. I use a 45 degree clear sewer hose connector that has a garden hose connector on it to spray water directly into the tank. I do not use my white water hose -- I got a cheap Walmart green hose just to flush the black tank. I like the idea of filling up the toilet and dumping for more cleaning.