Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2017, 06:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: Missouri
THOR #7949
2018 Thor ACE 30.4 mirrors

Just getting ready to pick up our new MH on tuesday. We have a 10.5 door opening (Wide) that is 14 feet tall and 42 feet deep. It opens up to 13 feet wide once you get past the door opening.

My question is the coach is 99 inches wide and the dealer just told me that the mirrors stick out 12 inches on each side. This gives me 1.5 inches on each side to enter the storage door. I called him and asked if the mirrors folded in at all to give me a few extra inches. He told me he would go measure and come back. He called back and said that if you use the electric mirror switch you can pull them in 2 inches on each side. I got to thinking about this and doesn't just the inside mirror move and the black covering stay put? Does anyone know if you can push the black cover that contains the mirrors will actually push in to give me any extra room? Any help from fellow ACE 30.4 owners would be great.

Thanks

Tim

Old 06-18-2017, 07:33 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
The mirrors on your ACE are the same as our Windsport and they don't fold. You might be able to loosen the set screws that hold the mirrors in place and swivel or remove to get the clearance you need. Not the best solution.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #3

THOR #7949
Well the opening is 126 inches. I am 123 inches wide with the mirrors. I will just have to get super straight and have 1.5 inches on each side for about five inches pulling in thru the door super slow. It's 13 feet wide after that. I knew the sales guy was full of crap when he told me that. Really don't want to screw with loosening the mirrors each time.

Thanks for the answer.

Tim
Old 06-18-2017, 07:57 PM   #4

THOR #5196
Glad it worked out good for you. Super slow and easy, having a helper to guide you will make it work! Good for you!
Old 06-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #5

State: Arizona
THOR #7430
The entire arm of the mirror folds in I have to do that at my storage unit
Old 06-19-2017, 05:19 PM   #6

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamperjan View Post
The entire arm of the mirror folds in I have to do that at my storage unit
You don't say what type of coach you have. The mirror arms on the Windsport are fixed and don't fold, I believe the ACE has the same type.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:29 PM   #7

THOR #7430
I have a Thor chateau in the mirrors fold in. However to change the position of the large mirror you need an allen wrench which pivots it . that would give you maybe the inches you need to get in your garage.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #8

THOR #7430
Check to see if you have an allen wrench hole underneath your mirror where it would swivel
Old 06-19-2017, 06:24 PM   #9

THOR #5196
The Chateau has a completely different mirror from the Windsport and ACE. Where the mirrors mount to the arm there are set screws but they only allow the head to swivel, the arm is fixed and doesn't move.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:17 PM   #10

THOR #7430
Okay thanks for the info. Mine swivel and that's the only way I can get it in the parking space at the storage unit. It's a hard push but they do collapse into the side. Too bad yours are fixed
Old 06-28-2017, 04:20 PM   #11

THOR #7949
It's okay. I have about 2 inch clearance on each side. I just go really slow and my wife guides me for the 9 inches I have to clear before it opens up to 13 feet wide