Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
It's tempting for us too. But ours is all working and the way we like it. Not sure I'd go through the first year again so soon.
10mpg and towing Jeep just under 9.

Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:19 PM   #82

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #11987
What was your MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdog View Post
Our second trip in the 27.7 . The rig powered up with the generator for 2 days not one problem. The room and upgrade are perfect for such events. No problems so far.
What was your MPG and speed.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #83

State: Oregon
THOR #9314
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I think you are the first on the forums here with that floorplan. Let us know how you like it once you get it.

There was a lot of discussion about it when Thor announced it...

I purchased my 2018 Vegas on May 18th. Have taken several trips to date.

Have had some small warranty items.

Look closely when slides closed, all sides I saw daylight.

Got mine from a very dishonest large Dealership. I could not see the TV antenna, was told they are very low profile now, not being able to climb and look for myself asked the service guy taking me through coach if all was good on roof, he assured me all was ship shape. A few days later asked the kids to please check out the roof, ( just had gut feeling something not right), well low and behold no TV antenna and a big patch job in its place. Long story short dealership had ordered a antenna from thor and it was on its way when i came along. Sooo, thor sent another new antenna to a dealership in the area where i live.

Then monitor panel did not work for Propane, grey and black water.

Also door latch has to be replaced.

Drives like a dream, and I am a very new Class A driver, but very comfortable with it.

Great floor plan.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:53 PM   #84

THOR #9314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Congratulations.

Please let us know how it drives compared to 25.3, and if you notice extra size much.

I traded my 2017 25.5 in for the 27.7, both drive great.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:58 PM   #85

THOR #9314
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
I bought my 2016 Vegas 25.2 back in March, '17 and if I had known the 27.7 was coming I would have been tempted to wait. Now, I'm waiting for some of them to show up at local dealers so I can get up close and personal with one.

Jackldog, my biggest concern is that there's even less basement space in the 27.7 than my 25.2 (36 sq. ft vs 47). I know that you'd end up with more interior storage but things like grills and camp chairs don't work too well inside. What do you think?

I think due to the configuration of cargo space, i seem to have more options than on the 25.5 i traded in
Old 07-19-2018, 09:00 PM   #86

THOR #9314
Quote:
There are a couple of references to a new electric stabilizing system on the new 25.6 and 27.7 floorplans. But I haven't yet found anything that gives an idea of who makes them, how they are controlled or how they work. However, there is a new video on the 25.6 that includes a brief photo of the ?rear? legs on the ground. It's near the end of the video with maybe a minute and a half left. They look something like the jacks on a fifth wheel. But I still haven't found anything that gives any idea of how they are controlled or deployed.

The stabilizing ext/ret buttons are just inside at the stairwell. Really like that as you listen you can tell when they are either up or down.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:02 PM   #87

THOR #9314
Quote:
Thor could still market a 30 foot Axis/Vegas by exploiting dimensions

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the 27.7 may be the sweet spot for me. All of the things that have been added to or changed on this floorpan are stuff that I was really looking for. The biggest thing that it's still missing for me is the lack of any storage or cupholders below the radio/backup camera in the cockpit.

That additional 2 feet from 26 feet, 6 inches to 28 feet, 6 inches I can easily live with. But adding on four feet to a 30 foot rig is probably more than I want to deal with. Years ago I traded in a 32 footer for a 38 and always regretted it. Bigger is not always better.

It took about 3 weeks to get used to the added 1’1/2. Really like the narrowness, especially on narrower back roads and the shorter height.
Great rig
Old 07-19-2018, 09:04 PM   #88

THOR #9314
Quote:
I took some photos at the Tampa Super Show the other day. I'm going to do several posts, chunking them together by topic. This first one is for the control panel and other switches that are either new or moved in the 27.7. The first is the new control panel.

At the very bottom of this first photo you'll see the top of a switch. That one is for the hallway lights, a much better location than previously.

The second is the panel that is in the entry stair well. The USE/STORE switch in now just labeled Main Power. That may confuse some people. The Stabilizer switches are at the top of the panel. I'm speculating that this may present a problem where you can't see the driver's side to know how that one is doing and you don't have a built in level bubble.

The third one is the bedroom slide. The two unlabeled switches are for the lights in the bedroom.

🤪[emoji13] i hit the slide switch once and just once thinking i was hitting the light switch, very careful and pay much closet attention now
Old 07-19-2018, 09:09 PM   #89

THOR #9314
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvfigs View Post
Thanks for sharing the pics. Really like the coach. But...the outside storage and submarine windows next to dinette are a big sticking point for me.

I think Thor will continue to explore other options.

Nevertheless, it really is a nice coach.

After several trips I am thinking of replacing the dinette with a second jackknife couch, then having a lightweight table that can be coffeetable or dinette table height.

Most uncomfortable bed have ever tried to sleep on. The jackknife couch that is stock makes into a really comfy bed, when i put a piece of foam on it. I keep the foam stored under the couch.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:15 PM   #90

THOR #9314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locknut View Post
I promised earlier to discuss some of the differences between my 2018 Vegas 27.7 and my former 2016 Vegas 25.3. Bad weather and other obligations delayed the post, but here are some things I've noticed inside...more to follow. I'll just address matters that are not already shown and/or described in the factory literature.

The raised floor under the driver and passenger seats is a few inches shorter in length, providing a little less floor storage behind those seats. This is because space is needed for the front slide to move in and out.

The dinette has storage only under the forward seat. Under the back seat is not accessible, and I think this contains the slide mechanism, although I haven't opened it up yet. The dinette storage is in the form of a handy under-seat drawer, where the 25.3 required removing the seating to access the storage area. I am very disappointed in the dinette table as it seems weaker and less stable than the one in the 25.3.

Since there is a couch in the 27.7, there is a reasonable amount of storage under the couch, but is only accessible by raising the couch...there is no door or drawer.

The entrance door and the locks are different, and the door opening seems smaller than on the 25.3. I haven't measured, but I'm a pretty good size man, and I can tell there is a difference.

Since the microwave/oven are mounted below the cooktop, there is no range hood/vent in the 27.7. While it looks sleeker my wife is displeased. She collected magnets from all our stops and liked to display them on the steel range hood until we got home.

Since the kitchen is now "L" shaped, the drawers and door on the sink side are not accessible when the dinette slide is in. This takes a little advance planning to make sure anything needed while traveling is stored in an accessible cabinet. Also, the under sink garbage can is not accessible. Last, the 25.3 came with a garbage can, the 27.7 did not.

The drop-down portion of the kitchen counter does not lock, and banged against the cabinet on the way home from the dealer...I'll have to find a way to tie it down before traveling.

There is a closet just inside the entrance door that is a great addition by Thor. It is big enough to hold coats, umbrellas, etc. And above it is an open storage shelf big enough to hold the harnesses and leashes for our three dogs so that they are right by the door when needed. The shelf is deep enough that none of this shows while stored.

On the 25.3, the switch to turn on the interior lights was right by the steps, allowing you to turn on the lights before entering the coach. On the 27.7 one must go up the steps and reach around the corner to the left to turn on the lights.

All the windows in the dinette - couch - kitchen area are tilt-out type windows...none of them slide. I prefer the slide so they can be open while driving. I'm apprehensive about driving with tilt windows sticking out.

There is about the same amount of cabinet space in the kitchen area, but less over the couch than there was over the dinette in the 25.3. There is no storage over the dinette in the 27.7 as the 40" TV is mounted there.

The dash and overhead bunk are the same as on the 25.3.

There is LED strip lighting above all the cabinets, and these are individually switched so they can be used as night lights, a nice feature that the 25.3 did not have.

More to come as time allows.

Have you found the microwave creates a lot of steam anytime you use it? I use it and open the door and steam pour out.

Do you know if we can use the stove and microwave without opening the front slide? I haven’t been brave enough to test that out.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:19 PM   #91

THOR #9314
Quote:
Originally Posted by big18red View Post
what's your MPG and speed

I now have 4,000 miles on my 27.7. I did sone testing at 60mph and got 11 mpg. Bumped that up to 65mph and was getting 10.73mpg. This was over multiple mountain ranges, and flat desert lands.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:20 PM   #92

Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085
My microwave does not steam as you describe. Likely a function of the amount of water in the food you’re cooking.

The convection side of the oven does biscuits real nice. Pleasant surprise.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:40 PM   #93

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
Can anyone post the cargo capacity off screen door on 27.7?
Old 07-19-2018, 10:56 PM   #94
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
Can anyone post the cargo capacity off screen door on 27.7?
Screen doors have cargo capacities?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:12 PM   #95

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
Sorry, yellow sticker usually on screen door. Curious what extra length/weight does to cargo and occupant capacity.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #96

Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
Sorry, yellow sticker usually on screen door. Curious what extra length/weight does to cargo and occupant capacity.

No sticker on mine in that location. How about this:

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2018-...an-277-tr35157
Old 07-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #97

Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locknut View Post
Hey everyone...

I just agreed to purchase the new 27.7 today, trading my 2016 25.3. This new floorplan is exactly what we wanted when we bought the 25.3, but it wasn't available so we compromised.

I was just wondering if anyone has any news / opinions on this new floorplan.

2018 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 27.7 Class A Gas Piqua, OH PSRVS
I have a axis 25.2 love the 27.7 floor pan wish they had it when I bought mine I'm afraid I take too much of a beating to try to trade how horrible was it ?
Old 07-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #98

THOR #9314
Pretty ugly, $16,000
Old 07-21-2018, 12:04 AM   #99

Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gc.lonefir View Post
Pretty ugly, $16,000
I knew it would be pretty bad but at least you got what you want
Old 07-21-2018, 03:03 PM   #100

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
You’re certainly not alone! It can be an e pensive learning curve to get the right coach. We lost about the same when we upgraded from a 2017 Class C to a slightly bigger 2017 Class A. Same payment (just a few more of ‘em!) and we are glad we did it. Thought about waiting a few years but ultimately decided to get what we want and do it before the C could be damaged or lose any more value. VERY happy with the decision.