Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #1
MSK

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 37.4 Former ACE30
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1590
2019 Palazzo 37.4 Questions

I'm looking for information on how to use the water fill and sanitizing system on a new Thor Palazzo 37.4. The manual that comes with the unit is very generic and does not address the specifics.

Does this unit have any outside electrical outlets?

Old 02-22-2019, 10:07 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
THOR #3069
Congratulations and have many years of enjoyment with your new RV.

Did your dealer give you a PDI / orientation?

I don’t have a Palazzo and hopefully you will receive some good help soon.

Many motorhomes have an electrical outlet on one of the side walls. It will have a cover. Walk around your Palazzo and look for something about the size of any normal outlet.

I expect you have a hose connection that is labeled City Water. It may be in your wet bay. A Palazzo owner can confirm this.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:36 PM   #3
MSK

THOR #1590
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, we did a PDI, but the tech simply said this is for this and this is for that, but not how to actually use the system. We traded in a Thor ACE the had one simple water hook up. The Palazzo has a set of valves, two low point drain valves, one Blue valve that has settings for City Water, City Water fresh water tank fill, Dry Camping and Sanitize/Winterize and a Red valve handle with a sanitize setting and a normal operation setting. I'd like to know the specifics of how and when to use them all. Clearly the city water and tank fill are no brainers, but I am not sure about the others.

Ref External outlets, my ACE had them adjacent to the outside TV. I've looked all over on this one and can't find any outside receptacles nor an outside Cable connection port (although I distinctly remember the tech mentioning the cable port.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:00 PM   #4

Model: Serrano
State: Florida
THOR #8144
I am not sure about the Palazzo, but in my Serrano the cable connection is on the panel in the Water compartment. Also have an AC receptacle there.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:38 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSK View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, we did a PDI, but the tech simply said this is for this and this is for that, but not how to actually use the system. We traded in a Thor ACE the had one simple water hook up. The Palazzo has a set of valves, two low point drain valves, one Blue valve that has settings for City Water, City Water fresh water tank fill, Dry Camping and Sanitize/Winterize and a Red valve handle with a sanitize setting and a normal operation setting. I'd like to know the specifics of how and when to use them all. Clearly the city water and tank fill are no brainers, but I am not sure about the others.

Ref External outlets, my ACE had them adjacent to the outside TV. I've looked all over on this one and can't find any outside receptacles nor an outside Cable connection port (although I distinctly remember the tech mentioning the cable port.

Can you post a photo of your water valves?
Old 02-23-2019, 03:43 PM   #6
MSK

THOR #1590
Photos of water valves

Here are the water valves.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4466.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	15815

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4465.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	15816
Old 02-24-2019, 03:11 PM   #7

Model: Palazzo 36.2
State: Illinois
THOR #12796
Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

The blue valve directs water from pump and / or water connection to cold water main or tank or pump suction. Winterize allows pump to suck from hose connection to use antifreeze or disinfectant. The red valve is a 3 way valve that supplies pump discharge water to water heater or not and to tank for sanitizing in sanitize position.
To sanitize tank: Start with fresh tank less than 1/3 full. Need short hose to hose connection from bottle, blue valve in sanitize, pump on and red valve in sanitize until bottle empty. (Very short time) Then shut off pump, connect fill hose to clean potable water and fill fresh water tank. Then shut off fill line. Then select "dry camp" on blue valve and "normal" on red valve to rinse system using pump. ( turn pump on) Empty system by running water through every faucet and drain. (Lots of water) Be careful that you have someplace to dump all that water from grey water tank and line drains. ( it should smell a little like bleach water ) Refill / rinse and dump as directed.
Cable connection in wet bay unless they moved it. Switch on by button in cabinet where HDMI splitter is. ( button that turns off over the air antenna Amp )
Your rig may have an outside receptacle. My 2016 Palazzo 36.2 has no outside receptacle set and only has one in the forward pass through bay. It would be nice to have one in the wet bay.
I own a 2016 Palazzo 36.2 and have been working past the poor owners manual since I bought mine.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:40 PM   #8
MSK

THOR #1590
Thanks

That certainly clears things u. I deeply appreciate you taking the time to provide those detailed instructions. Happy Camping!
Old 02-24-2019, 09:17 PM   #9

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
I'm looking for information on how to use the water fill and sanitizing system on a new Thor Palazzo 37.4. The manual that comes with the unit is very generic and does not address the specifics.

Does this unit have any outside electrical outlets?
You're best bet for future manuals and drawings is the owner's resource site

Enjoy the new rig!
Old 02-24-2019, 10:34 PM   #10

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Yup, the manual really stinks - we have an 18 Palazzo 36 and i had issues with this exact issue - you can't fill the fresh tank very fast - the Tank fill seems to push water through mu filter before it hit the tank - but that whole set-up is being removed when I get the unit back, I did not see any outside outlets on our Palazzo, just in the large storage bay. Thought about adding one back by the battery compartment and using an open circuit breaker slot in the panel and wiring out from the bed - still an open discussion as I'm not big on drilling holes in my new fiberglass.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:10 PM   #11

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
any Palazzo I've seen, including mine, has a GFCI Outlet in the main storage bay... but that's the only one you'll find. Why would you need more?
Old 02-24-2019, 11:13 PM   #12

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I'm glad to find that Anderson has finally 'reworded' their Valve to say 'Dry Camping' versus the 'Normal' for the rest of ours... it completely makes more sense.

as for the RED handle - for the water heater - mine only has two settings, either 'Normal', or 'Bypass', which I suppose is for when you don't want your spigot or pressurized water to flow into the water tank, during 'pink' winterizing, since you just empty the tank.
but, it looks like now you have the ability to provide the 'pink' stuff to the tank, or else to your 'tankless' on-demand water heater.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:22 AM   #13
MSK

THOR #1590
OK, thanks, finally found the cable connection in the water compartment, but still looking for the AC outlets. There is one in the outside TV screen box but I had hoped to find one that is more accessible. I'll check all cargo compartments again.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:08 AM   #14

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
An extra by the central vac, perhaps?
Old 08-18-2020, 12:45 AM   #15

Model: Palazzo 37.4
State: North Carolina
THOR #16500
Our outlet is on the "ceiling" of the cargo compartment

Tags