Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2019, 10:45 AM   #101

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini TK
State: Nova Scotia
THOR #14078
I am 70 and my partner is 54. Sadly, I will be storing my Gemini this winter due to my partner’s recent health issues. This will be my first winter at home in Nova Scotia in eight years. Guess I will have to buy a winter coat and boots!😢

Old 11-27-2019, 02:24 AM   #102

Model: Aria 3901
State: Texas
THOR #15708
I am 73 and my wife is 74, both of us are in pretty good health. I own my business and thankfully am able to manage it and also travel.

Only feel like 73 in the morning when I get out of bed, kinda of sore and slow. As the day goes on it gets better. However, I do find myself spending more time these days looking for my keys or wallet!

Hope we get to meet some of the nice folks who contribute to this forum.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:23 PM   #103

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcricks View Post
I am 73 and my wife is 74, both of us are in pretty good health. I own my business and thankfully am able to manage it and also travel.

Only feel like 73 in the morning when I get out of bed, kinda of sore and slow. As the day goes on it gets better. However, I do find myself spending more time these days looking for my keys or wallet!

Hope we get to meet some of the nice folks who contribute to this forum.
Im sure you will eventually meet some of us crazy RV nuts. :-) What type of business do you operate and what area of Texas?
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:52 PM   #104

Model: ACE - 29
State: Arkansas
THOR #6797
I retired in 2016 living in Chicago. IL is very similar to CA with unreasonable taxes & cost of living. We took our RV and went exploring for a home. We settled in Clarksville, TN largely because of low cost of living and family in IL.
During our search we found a RV Subdivision in Cookeville, TN (https://gardensrvvillage.com/all-photos/). Great climate and low cost of living. These type of places are popping up everywhere in TN.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:42 PM   #105

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by furbyj View Post
I retired in 2016 living in Chicago. IL is very similar to CA with unreasonable taxes & cost of living. We took our RV and went exploring for a home. We settled in Clarksville, TN largely because of low cost of living and family in IL.
During our search we found a RV Subdivision in Cookeville, TN (https://gardensrvvillage.com/all-photos/). Great climate and low cost of living. These type of places are popping up everywhere in TN.
Going to be in Cookeville next Monday. Will have to check it out.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:14 PM   #106

Model: ACE - 29
State: Arkansas
THOR #6797
Actually it’s in Crossville which is just down the road. Contact them and they give you 3 or 4 nights free hookup for checking them out. https://gardensrvvillage.com/motorco...ent-community/
Old 11-28-2019, 07:59 PM   #107

Model: 2018 Thor Challenger 37FH
State: Ohio
THOR #16271
I am 63 and my wife is 58. Both still working full time. We've been able to take weekend trips and a few 2 week trips to Texas, Colorado, east coast from Ohio over the summers. Been RVing for about 6 years now, in our 2nd class A gasser as DP is out of our budget range for the time being.

Our plan is to both work 5 more years, retire from our existing jobs and travel and maybe workcamp for awhile. Kid will be out of college buy then.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:57 PM   #108

State: New Jersey
THOR #17461
Pair of 40’s here, with a 17 year old who still road trip with us (probably the last year) a dog and a dragon.
We used to cross country in my suburban, but we upgraded this year.