Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2018, 03:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Another Great trip to TMC in Wakarusa

I made an appointment for service at the service center a month before my warranty ran out. Then I broke my knee cap and couldn't make the appointment. They rescheduled for January with no problem.
I really like how they treat you there. I am so glad that we live only a couple of hours from the service center. The only problem is that Wakarusa is close to Elkhart, which is where Total Value RV is located. You can't be that close and not stop in to see whats new. Signed papers on a 2018 Hurricane 34J. Now I have to figure out how to change my profile picture.

Old 01-23-2018, 03:44 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
I made an appointment for service at the service center a month before my warranty ran out. Then I broke my knee cap and couldn't make the appointment. They rescheduled for January with no problem.
I really like how they treat you there. I am so glad that we live only a couple of hours from the service center. The only problem is that Wakarusa is close to Elkhart, which is where Total Value RV is located. You can't be that close and not stop in to see whats new. Signed papers on a 2018 Hurricane 34J. Now I have to figure out how to change my profile picture.
Wait: You went to get some warranty work done (which means you've had yours for less than a year) and come home with a new RV (or at least an order for a new one)! LOL Kudos to you.

(This is something my wife always worries about every time I go to an RV/Auto/etc. show! LOL)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:37 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34J
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Wait: You went to get some warranty work done (which means you've had yours for less than a year) and come home with a new RV (or at least an order for a new one)! LOL Kudos to you.

(This is something my wife always worries about every time I go to an RV/Auto/etc. show! LOL)
The thought about going bigger started with my wife, when we lived in the Axis for 2 months. It really got serious after attending the RV show last weekend at Devos in Grand Rapids. My wife had done most of the research. She was very interested in a Jayco 31R which is a bunkhouse. A comparable Thor, was the Hurricane 34J. TVRV happened to have one. I still can't drive so my wife took the test drive. She loved driving it. Soooo, after 14 months, it was out with the Axis, in with the Hurricane. The Hurricane, in my opinion beat the Jayco on a number of levels.
One notable thing that the salesman at TVRV told me was that delivery from Thor was taking up to 6 weeks longer due to Thor slowing the line down and addressing quality issues.
With the help of this forum, I was able to weather the storm of a couple of major breakdowns and many other problems with the Axis. Thor and Total Value RV were great in dealing with those problems. I always said our Axis was built on a Friday before the start of a big 4 day holiday. I hope the Hurricane was built on Tuesday.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:41 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Congrats on the new Hurricane!! I think we would only trade up for an Outlaw Class A toy hauler. Of course, there is an RV show coming up this weekend in Phoenix...
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:34 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
The thought about going bigger started with my wife, when we lived in the Axis for 2 months. It really got serious after attending the RV show last weekend at Devos in Grand Rapids. My wife had done most of the research. She was very interested in a Jayco 31R which is a bunkhouse. A comparable Thor, was the Hurricane 34J. TVRV happened to have one. I still can't drive so my wife took the test drive. She loved driving it. Soooo, after 14 months, it was out with the Axis, in with the Hurricane. The Hurricane, in my opinion beat the Jayco on a number of levels.
One notable thing that the salesman at TVRV told me was that delivery from Thor was taking up to 6 weeks longer due to Thor slowing the line down and addressing quality issues.
With the help of this forum, I was able to weather the storm of a couple of major breakdowns and many other problems with the Axis. Thor and Total Value RV were great in dealing with those problems. I always said our Axis was built on a Friday before the start of a big 4 day holiday. I hope the Hurricane was built on Tuesday.
Cool. Yeah the Detroit area show is in two weeks. Fortunately for us a family member is planning on picking up an RV then so I can live vicariously through them instead of us upgrading (besides we're just getting the Axis to where we like it! --haven't even camped in it since I replaced the couch with the recliners ).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote